A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 27, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #1,066 of 3,124
  i tried foobar and got distortion. maybe it depends on the unit if you get lucky

You may try to convert a different track/album and play it with fully charged battery... I think if your unit plays 24/44.1 and 24/48 undistorted it's good enough for portable use. Personally I don't find a huge difference btw 24/96 and 24/48, bit depth is much more important than sampling freq.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,067 of 3,124

up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right = accesses hidden partition that plays the Contra OST in 24/44.1
dt880smile.png

Lol this thread is starting to remind me of Sabin's Blitzes from FFVI 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,076 of 3,124
 << ^^ on/offx2 >> ^^ <^ and it goes into resume mode!!

If you dance around the Alien three times, on your left hand, whilst having your right index finger firmly stuck up your rectum, during a full lunar eclipse and whilst wearing nothing but a pink tutu with gold sequins (the gold sequins are important!) and at the same doing your best impersonation of  a platypus mating call, the Alien will turn into a rather delicious bottle of Whiskey!

Trust me, it works!

Unfortunately it now means I have to buy a new Alien as I drank the last one! MMMM and it was delicious!

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,077 of 3,124

If you dance around the Alien three times, on your left hand, whilst having your right index finger firmly stuck up your rectum, during a full lunar eclipse and whilst wearing nothing but a pink tutu with gold sequins (the gold sequins are important!) and at the same doing your best impersonation of  a platypus mating call, the Alien will turn into a rather delicious bottle of Whiskey!

Trust me, it works!

Unfortunately it now means I have to buy a new Alien as I drank the last one! MMMM and it was delicious!

Hope no one's tellin you it doesn't work
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,078 of 3,124
I worked it out all by myself!

It's part of the regular testing and experimentation I do on all my new consumer electronics purchases.

You should have seen me testing out the new Dremel! 
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,079 of 3,124
All jokes and overly developed sense of the ridiculous aside, I have just received notice that my Alien and Rain2's will be waiting for me when I get home in about 1.5 hours time!
Happy Days.
I am amazed at the quick delivery Billy and and crew at Noisy Motel have managed to achieve. Delivery to Darwin is always excruciatingly slow, yet they manged to get me my order in 4 days and 1 of those was a public holiday! Exceptional effort!

I have a 32gb SD card loaded with ripped CD's in FLAC format plus a few downloaded 44.1/24 FLAC files, ready to go. Including the new Foo Fighters album - Sonic Highways plus some old classics: "Motorhead" by motorhead, "Crisis" by Mike Oldfield and "God and the FBI" by Janis Ian.

Looking forward to a long listening session tonight with the comfort of a nice single malt Whiskey.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,080 of 3,124

Many thanks to Tympan and Waynes World for the raised buttons idea.
I managed to find 6mm size silicon adhesive buttons for this.
These works very well for me now. No more accidental pressing.
(Should be useful for anyone who wishes to try those 'left, left, right, right' buttons pressing experiment 
rolleyes.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back