A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,051 of 3,124
Just to be clear - Once you've turned it off, if you click the on/off button twice it will continue to play from where you left off? 

If so, this is more awesome sauce indeed!

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #1,052 of 3,124
After reading so many good comments about this awesome little thing from outer space, i decided that i am going to get it as my birthday present. Hope it will be as what all of you had mentioned, $1000+ sound with $200 spent.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #1,053 of 3,124
After reading so many good comments about this awesome little thing from outer space, i decided that i am going to get it as my birthday present. Hope it will be as what all of you had mentioned, $1000+ sound with $200 spent.

Not quite, but still very good for the price and punches way above its price tier.  Gratz!
Prepare for assimilation...

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,055 of 3,124

I may have to pick up the Fidue's at some point to hear this "magic" you speak of.  I'm curious to hear your impression of the Titan's with the Alien.  Any magic there?  Do you prefer them overall to the Altone's and DN-1000's?  Since they are relatively cheap, I think I might give them a shot.  Thanks!

Dunu Titan 1 are basically the best buy I've encountered so far this year. The company keep hitting home runs, especially on a price to performance ratio, (ie: DN-1000 last year). This is why that half in-ear is scoring straight 5 to 4.5  stars. Providing you can live with the lower isolation due to their design they sound great from Alien.

They might not have the absolute clarity or details of Altone, but they're certainly smoother and more organic, hence suited for longer listening. Areas like the mid-range and spaciousness are more "music" orientated rather than extract raw detail like Altone which can sound a little pushy or edgy.

I'm trying to get hold of DN-1000 again (probably buy another) as I believe it will pair well with Alien.

By all means, check the review section for Titan 1, it's a sure thing, you can't go wrong for the money.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,058 of 3,124
It's fantastic news the Shozy can do shuffling on the fly, and with my friends folder splitter program it really helps in terms of getting to where you last left off should you just be mixing various tracks etc.
The fact remains tho, you'll prolly have a very hard time with this DAP if you intend to even fill a 32gb card full of music. This DAP suits a small collection of music added at a time, and in reality it's far less painful a process than I thought.

$200 for a sound that rivals $500-1000 devices. Yes.. i can live without a screen for $800 in my pocket for lovely other thingies.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #1,059 of 3,124
  << ^^ on/offx2 >> ^^ <^ and it goes into resume mode!!

^^ pause x1 down x2 = it made me Lasagne
beerchug.gif

i really like this fella.....

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,060 of 3,124
I joined the Shozy crew today - grey.

Excellent pairing with the FAD Lab 01 so far will see how the JVC-FX1100 pairs as I read the 850 was a good set up. WAV is sounding fullbodied

If I didnt sell my Tera I would now have a good paper weight.

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,061 of 3,124
I joined the Shozy crew today - grey.

Excellent pairing with the FAD Lab 01 so far will see how the JVC-FX1100 pairs as I read the 850 was a good set up. WAV is sounding fullbodied

If I didnt sell my Tera I would now have a good paper weight.

you'll tell us what you think vs Tera? (Soundwise)

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,062 of 3,124
I sold my Tera some time ago and dont really want to post memory compares as cant be very acurate - would rather A/B test direct.

But lets just say my desire to re-own a Tera is no more. Unless Altman releases something very new and special. Or does shozy price match - hehe

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,063 of 3,124
  I get distortion and slow playback at 24/96, what programme are you guys using to get these Wavs to work ?

I tried one 96k/24 FLAC that didn't play so I converted it to WAV. It played, but with lots of excess noise.

Quote:
  Aiseesoft Flac converter for Mac but kind of a hit or miss as far as 24/96 is concerned (not because of software but the Alien's limitations)

I tried with both JRiver and Foobar and found JRiver gave me more consistent results. It may depend on many variables... file size, data density, bit truncation during conversion... who knows? Anyway, Alien is not specified for 24/96 so I treat it as an unexpected bonus...
cool.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,064 of 3,124
     Quote:

I tried with both JRiver and Foobar and found JRiver gave me more consistent results. It may depend on many variables... file size, data density, bit truncation during conversion... who knows? Anyway, Alien is not specified for 24/96 so I treat it as an unexpected bonus...
cool.gif

i tried foobar and got distortion. maybe it depends on the unit if you get lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back