A little about the Shozy Alien
Apr 18, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #2,521 of 3,124
  Guys, don't judge a book by its covers, just get to listen to this player especially with the Shozy Zero IEMs after they both fully burn in 150-200 hours, and hear how music is reproduced  the great details. And did I mention that this play cost only £140?
smily_headphones1.gif
 Fully recommended to anyone who is serious/passionate about the music.
My review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-alien-dap/reviews/15793

Fantastic review broski :)  Can't wait to get my Alien Gold as well. Just need to get a microSD card ready now. Btw a bit OT but any word on the Teri Player? I found that thread and read through it. I went from thinking screen less DAPs are dumb to wanting several lol. only on head-fi 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,524 of 3,124
I guess the DAC chips in used is still a mystery, even though now that the alien is already in its 3rd generation.
If there will ever be any 4th generation, I hope Shozy will implement a 'press and hold' to turn off power and not the current light 'press', which can cause frustration when this is accidental (imagine having to turn back on and need to scroll to the last folder/last track you want to listen to).

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #2,525 of 3,124

Guys, don't judge a book by its covers, just get to listen to this player especially with the Shozy Zero IEMs after they both fully burn in 150-200 hours, and hear how music is reproduced  the great details. And did I mention that this play cost only £140?:)  Fully recommended to anyone who is serious/passionate about the music.
My review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-alien-dap/reviews/15793

Fantastic review broski :)  Can't wait to get my Alien Gold as well. Just need to get a microSD card ready now. Btw a bit OT but any word on the Teri Player? I found that thread and read through it. I went from thinking screen less DAPs are dumb to wanting several lol. only on head-fi :rolleyes:

Thank you. Unfortunately i don't know anything about the Teri Player project development.
All been very quiet for a long time, they may have problems with the components, etc.
Is no brainier that the Gold Alien is a true bargain among audiophiles.

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #2,527 of 3,124
I had the first generation so was wondering, for the gold version, does it remember the volume level you set it on after turning the alien off? That was one of the things I couldn't get used to. If it has been changed, I'll probably get a Gold Alien too.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #2,530 of 3,124
For those considering to get the Gold Alien ,think about the Shozy Zero Iem for a complete experience.

Seconded...if you're not an IEM guy, seriously consider the Shozy Cygnus earbud. Beautiful combo.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #2,531 of 3,124
For those considering to get the Gold Alien ,think about the Shozy Zero Iem for a complete experience.

I got the alien gold last night, and with the Zero... it made me feel things I haven't before, when it comes to listening to music. I am still trying to figure out how to make some of the albums work but its pretty seamless, drag and drop etc.

200 USD is a steal imo

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,532 of 3,124
$300AUD makes a little hard to swallow over this way. The original Shozy went for $250AUD, I got it at a reduced rate of $200 which feels better value. Not saying oz gets screwed over or anything, but my AP100 was $330AUD and I feel way better overall value, indeed the AP100 sells for less than $200USD these days which I think is one of the greatest value DAP deals going around or ever heard of!
I may buy the Gold Shozy if I see it around half price (massdrop or summin).

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #2,534 of 3,124
I just received my new Fostex T50RP MK3 and I just tried with Shozy Alien Gold. To my surprise, this drives notoriously power hungry MK3 phone at very loud volume. However, the clarity is not good and hear distortion so not ideal match. However, it is quite impressive power of this little thing. :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2,535 of 3,124
  I just received my new Fostex T50RP MK3 and I just tried with Shozy Alien Gold. To my surprise, this drives notoriously power hungry MK3 phone at very loud volume. However, the clarity is not good and hear distortion so not ideal match. However, it is quite impressive power of this little thing. :)

Indeed, it packs a surprising amount of power for such a small form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back