A little about the Shozy Alien
Mar 1, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #2,298 of 3,124
16/44 wav sounds more clean and detailed versus 16/44 flac :scream:

Trolling again huh? :eek:

There is no difference in sound btw WAV and FLAC because FLAC is WAV just with a very simple compression algorithm.. Even a very modest codec chip (like Alien has) with light processing power can decode 16/44 flac on the fly without any hiccups.

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #2,301 of 3,124
I will not really agree with Mochill on this one, but sometimes players have certain problems decoding different compressed and uncompressed formats, even when they are supposed to be able to play them without hiccups. Sometimes it's just distortion in the lows, too metallic treble, a very slight slowness and clicks in some tracks and other things that can be identified only when you are familiar with the track played. I all comes down to processing speed and/or firmware. Maybe a player can actually sound better with WAV than FLAC because of that, even if specs say otherwise. Of course, it would be doubtful that the very same player makes hi-res audio sound better than standard-CD quality precisely because of those limitations in the player, but not in the music files per se.
As I said before, it's just a hardware problem in most cases.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #2,302 of 3,124
For those with the gold alien, about how much percent less hiss does it have compared to the old one? I used it with my CK10s for reference and found quite a bit of noise.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,308 of 3,124
Nice read, but really a black background even with ck10? I find that hard to believe unless shozy really stepped their game up on this version. The hiss I got from the black alien was unbelievably distracting when listening to my ambient collection. That soundstage is to die for though.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #2,310 of 3,124
Nice read, but really a black background even with ck10? I find that hard to believe unless shozy really stepped their game up on this version. The hiss I got from the black alien was unbelievably distracting when listening to my ambient collection. That soundstage is to die for though.

Retested with ATH-CK10 at various volumes and tracks.

Seems to be no hiss, or if it is there it would be minimal at best.

no music no hiss.

I hope that is helpful.

*Can other Shozy Gold owners chime in please, I am no hiss master and would like confirmation or not about your experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back