A little about the Shozy Alien
Feb 21, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #2,236 of 3,124
Shozy on facebook have announced that the Alien Gold indeed does not weigh 150g. They haven't officially announced its weight but another poster on fb said 80g. Wasn't there a guy here who had one and I asked them to weigh it (reluctantly might i add) and they reported back it was 150g?! Now someone is being full of sh!t here...

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,238 of 3,124
Luckily my wife likes cooking....

The ipod touch 6G felt heavier in my hands so I checked Apple spec and it says 88grams.

So I weighed it. Yep. 88 grams.

Then I weighed the Shozy Gold...

Weighs in at around 80 grams. I have simple scales but they get close enough.

Just the facts, ma'am :)

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #2,239 of 3,124
For what it is worth I did a left hand/right hand comparison between black and gold weight at Null-Audio the disti in Sgp and can't tell the diff...

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #2,240 of 3,124
They haven't officially announced its weight but another poster on fb said 80g. Wasn't there a guy here who had one and I asked them to weigh it (reluctantly might i add) and they reported back it was 150g?! Now someone is being full of sh!t here...

Somebody was trolling hard. I don't know what this poster tried to achieve with that... not funny at all. :mad:
Mods should give warning points to trolls as other forums do.

Weighs in at around 80 grams. I have simple scales but they get close enough.

Just the facts, ma'am :)

Thank you, sir! That's what I thought ... can't weight 150g with the same aluminum body and same battery.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,241 of 3,124
Shozy on facebook have announced that the Alien Gold indeed does not weigh 150g. They haven't officially announced its weight but another poster on fb said 80g. Wasn't there a guy here who had one and I asked them to weigh it (reluctantly might i add) and they reported back it was 150g?! Now someone is being full of sh!t here...

my bad... dont kick my arsx

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #2,245 of 3,124
I was curious the difference between previous black version and new gold version and contact Shozy and got their response. 
"Difference - the build is enhanced also some parts and circuitry =) "
Not sure how much improvement it was made in terms of build quality and sound quality by changing circuitry though. Love to hear anyone who experienced both. :)

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,246 of 3,124
:D
Not sure how much improvement it was made in terms of build quality and sound quality by changing circuitry though. Love to hear anyone who experienced both. :)

That's hard to say unless somebody with both versions makes A/B comparison. Seeing not many owners of black/gray/silver Aliens willing to go ahead and upgrade I guess the difference is negligible to them. :D

I think this Gold version is mostly targeted to Asian markets where the gold color has much more cultural appeal than in the West.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2,248 of 3,124
biggrin.gif
Not sure how much improvement it was made in terms of build quality and sound quality by changing circuitry though. Love to hear anyone who experienced both.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's hard to say unless somebody with both versions makes A/B comparison. Seeing not many owners of black/gray/silver Aliens willing to go ahead and upgrade I guess the difference is negligible to them.
biggrin.gif

I think this Gold version is mostly targeted to Asian markets where the gold color has much more cultural appeal than in the West.

Yes, I agree. campaign gold might be favored by Asian people just like iPhone 6. :) 

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #2,250 of 3,124
biggrin.gif

That's hard to say unless somebody with both versions makes A/B comparison. Seeing not many owners of black/gray/silver Aliens willing to go ahead and upgrade I guess the difference is negligible to them.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back