A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra
Jan 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #227 of 277
Maybe I'm under-thinking this, but shouldn't Headphone Bar be replacing it and handling the issue with ALO behind the scenes?

I agree.  I ordered a pair of PSB M4U2 from Headphone Bar 2-3 years ago and one of the cables that came with it was not working.  They took care of it quickly and were good to deal with, IIRC they had PSB ship a new cable directly to me.  It probably wouldn't hurt to give them a call and might save some hassle.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #228 of 277
Oknidius

Sorry about the bad Lyra, we have them all tested 3x before we pack them to customers. We have RMA procedures posted on our website as well as the help desk you mentioned. Please also know we have our phone number posted on our website and anyone is welcome to call should other means to contact us is slow or fails.

I can assure you we will make up for the bad one.

Regarding the stock cable, I would like to mention a few things about the cable that comes with our products. The reason for the stiffness you mention is because I went out of the way to address typical greening of a clear stock cable as well as poor sound. Typical stock cables have a PVC jacket, ours is FEP (Teflon) and is stiffer than PVC. FEP is stronger, far more abrasion resistant and more impervious to oil and sweat. The MMCX is custom made for us using pure solid beryllium copper which is far harder than typical brass parts that will wear out and become loose. The reason why the connection is so tight as you mentioned is because the mechanical connection is via a compression piece that locks the MMCX in place, ours it tighter than normal and will break in and become looser once you use it a bit. So instead of becoming sloppy it breaks in like a shoe and will over time become easier to detach. Finally we Cryo treat all of our stock IEM cables for better sound and performance.

I understand some people do not like the wirey feel so we are working on some softer upgrade cables now.

We hope to earn your trust and admiration over time and I will be personally accountable for things like DOA units, people are welcome to call and give me a earfull and I hope to make everyone's experience positive.

PM or call me if you have any questions.

Thank you and again sorry for the DOA, we will get it right hold on.

Ken

Great reply.

I'd be happy with the cables if they didn't have the memory wire. Take that out and they prove themselves as both durable and quality.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #229 of 277
Anyone have any interest is swapping their Lyra plus a few bucks for my Jupiter??

Edit: I believe I will hold off on the Lyra for awhile. I am presently really enjoying my Orions!

Thanks for the replies, though...perhaps in the future.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #231 of 277
Are you not keen on Jupiter?

I prefer the clarity of the Orion for most of the genre's that I mostly frequently listen to...Acoustic, vocals, small instrumental groups.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #234 of 277
Jan 27, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #236 of 277
I am in love with the Norne Therium Silver cable. Excellent craftsmanship and it disappears when using, very comfortable. Helps out the treble somewhat and the impact as well, if you're a believer...

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #237 of 277
I'm in Singapore. Still interested in trading your Lyra with my Jupiter? Check your PM. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #238 of 277
So far which after market cable suit the lyra best?

Im thinking to get the lune mkiii or the sxc24

I heard the sxc24 cable is one stiff ass cable, sound wise I don't know. But if you plan on bringing it out... Goodluck with that.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #239 of 277

I heard the sxc24 cable is one stiff ass cable, sound wise I don't know. But if you plan on bringing it out... Goodluck with that.

Hey Guys,

Its the SXC8 that is our best IEM cable, yes it is a large cable for a IEM but I would not call it stiff. We do not offer a SXC24 because that cable is really big and only suitable for headphones. The SXC8 has a big sound, comes in MMCX and or 2 pin...Here are some photos and pictures of the SXC8.

Cheers
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 2, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #240 of 277
I am after a dynamic iem and the Lyra is among those I have in my sight, other options are:

- AK x Beyerdynamic T8iE 
- Dita Anwer

I have heard Lyra and T8iE, I found the latter more comfortable and fitting to the ear, but the Lyra was clearly clearer, and vocals were less veiled, bass was good on both, and Lyra sounded more dynamic. Both are not as clear as BAs like 846 / K10. I have also tried Dita long ago but forgot the details of the impressions. None of these jumped out as a clear winner .... Anyone has tried these and can chime in? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back