A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Jun 25, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #199 of 347
maybe the Jupiter is still worth 1,399 but the Onkyo just 600 
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #201 of 347
The Jupiter and Onkyo are still worth something to those who don't play the upgrade game.

AFAIK the Onkyo is still one of the best Android-based DAPs around.

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #202 of 347
Hey guys, I am planning to order from alo audio.
Will the jupiter come with the newer litz cable if i order now or will it still be the tinsel?
Also is the total price I see at checkout inclusive or exclusive of taxes when in singapore?
Thank you

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #203 of 347
Hey guys, I am planning to order from alo audio.
Will the jupiter come with the newer litz cable if i order now or will it still be the tinsel?
Also is the total price I see at checkout inclusive or exclusive of taxes when in singapore?
Thank you

If you are from S'pore please try to call ConnectIT

Jul 7, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #205 of 347
They don't have the new batch and don't know when it will be in :frowning2: so if online has the newer batch, I'll get it online since its the same price

But please read it be properly, new batch doesn't come with balance cable together, I would suggest you buy after market cable will be so much better.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #207 of 347
  Can anyone here compare Jupiters to Shure se535?

Hi xZayLx, I'll take a stab at it. I had the 535ltd for a couple of years. Both are fairly forward sounding and "fun" (i.e. not neutral). The 535 from what I remember is lively and offers a lot of Mid bass with some punch. The highs are there but not as detailed as the Jupiter. Some might say the Jupiter's highs are a little too treble rich, but I don't agree. Where the 535 will fall short is going to be Bass Extension (Jupiter has great bass) and a more pronounced V shape signature. The 535 will be smaller and possibly sit closer to your ear when the Jupiter is larger and does not fit everyone well. That said, the Jupiter replaced my 846 which replaced the 535ltd.

The Jupiter has the most amazing sound stage and sounds more like an open headphone. For sound alone, the Jupiter wins but if this is going to be for running or you listen to music when falling asleep then the 535 might be a better fit. Hope this helps. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #208 of 347

Hi xZayLx, I'll take a stab at it. I had the 535ltd for a couple of years. Both are fairly forward sounding and "fun" (i.e. not neutral). The 535 from what I remember is lively and offers a lot of Mid bass with some punch. The highs are there but not as detailed as the Jupiter. Some might say the Jupiter's highs are a little too treble rich, but I don't agree. Where the 535 will fall short is going to be Bass Extension (Jupiter has great bass) and a more pronounced V shape signature. The 535 will be smaller and possibly sit closer to your ear when the Jupiter is larger and does not fit everyone well. That said, the Jupiter replaced my 846 which replaced the 535ltd.

The Jupiter has the most amazing sound stage and sounds more like an open headphone. For sound alone, the Jupiter wins but if this is going to be for running or you listen to music when falling asleep then the 535 might be a better fit. Hope this helps. 

Thx for the reply. I didn't put my qustion well together.  I owned se535 and sold em few days ago, and I already bought Jupiters but didn't recive them. I know I should have asked the questions before I buy, not after :D but as with everything, I do too much research, and at the end just bought Jupiters because my head hurt from thinking too much. My problem with IEMs are that everything is subjective and at the end I have to hear it for myself. but i live in a small country where ppl don't invest in audio that much so I can't campare em with much IEMs (only se 215 and 535). I sold my 535 because I want to try out more IEMs and because bass impact was a bit lacking on most songs, otherwise I was fine with the sound. So what i was interested the most was how the bass compares betwean the two and sound in general and not which 1 to buy. thx again on the explanation.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #209 of 347

Completely understand. I think you will be very happy with the Jupiters. They are warm yet very detailed and to my ears sound much more like open cans than iems. Keep us posted once you receive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back