A letter from Dr. Xin
Nov 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #31 of 67
Does anyone here honestly think that a single man has some miracle ability to create a portable amp that has some kind of magical sound quality that nobody else could create something as good? Is it really worth encouraging a guy whom, from all the accounts I've read, has basically taken money from a number of people and given them nothing? This especially considering the numerous other amps available.

I am strongly against encouraging manufacturers who behave this way.  I would strongly encourage people here that they don't give him any of their business.

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #32 of 67

Quote:
Does anyone here honestly think that a single man has some miracle ability to create a portable amp that has some kind of magical sound quality that nobody else could create something as good? Is it really worth encouraging a guy whom, from all the accounts I've read, has basically taken money from a number of people and given them nothing? This especially considering the numerous other amps available.

I am strongly against encouraging manufacturers who behave this way.  I would strongly encourage people here that they don't give him any of their business.

No, but he can be obsessed with getting the most out of a build. I have had dinner with him, visited and enjoyed time a talking about amps. That was a few years ago, time passes so quickly. He goes into areas that no one else does, for chips and with a thought process educated in rocket science, of which he has a Phd. But I agree, you have to show a response to those believing in you, you owe them that, especially if they have not only placed their trust in you but hard cash also. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #33 of 67
I know in my own conversations with people who make amps and other audio gear that they have much to say about every small detail of their designs, which can be very fascinating. Indeed where a number of MOTs have failed has been that they can't translate their dream designs into a sustainable business model. In the worst cases, those who have created a business model based on fraud and deception, which people ignored for years because the person in question was so friendly and nice they didn't want to believe it.

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #34 of 67
Does anyone know what happened?  It's so weird to go as silent as he did and offer no explanation, and repeatedly try to start filling backorders, then go silent again.  It sounds like some health problem, but if that was it you would think he would say something about it and just refund everyone.  Maybe it is just a big scam designed to keep people's faith in him.  But I have a hard time believing that.  It's so evil. 

At this point I agree with Currawong.  There really is no excuse.  Even if it was something beyond his control, some kind of explanation is the very least his customers deserve, and if he can start filling orders, you would think he could do that as well. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #35 of 67
He has had health problems at times. It is a personal thing so I don't feel I should go any further than that. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #36 of 67
There is really no need to keep giving him excuses for his behavior. Beyond death and being locked up in an asylum, no person can really say that they don't have one minute to post a note in this forum or on his own website. Those are the only two reasons I can see why a person cannot either physically or mentally make a statement.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #37 of 67
sounds like many of you believe this is actually from D. Xin Feng.  Me, I still think it's someone who's commandeered the site and is now looking to bilk people out of their credit card info

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #39 of 67

X2. I find it incomprehensible that people still want to throw money at this man. He advertised a product, took money for it and then disappeared for 3 years, He then comes back and says he's sorry, ships a few outdated amps, takes more money.............see where this is going? Head-Fi has many knowledgeable Sponsors who build quality amps. They'll sell you one and have it at your door by the end of the week, or in the case of a custom build (like Woo) 4 weeks. Why would anyone take a chance dealing with this guy?
Quote:

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #40 of 67
I got the email from Dr Xin few days ago. I went through the process of payment and it's debiting me 1 cent. I used my paypal to pay for the 1 cent and waiting to see what happens

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:
I also received the email from Xin wanted to know whether that I wanted Reference amp that I ordered few years back. I have my doubt but I guess I am willing to give a chance by ordering this amp. I will let everyone know if I do receive the amp. Xin had my old credit info but got never charged anyway since the amp never got shipped. Call me old fool,,, oh well.

Terry, so what ever happened? did you get anything, other than charged?

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #44 of 67
For the benefit of the hobby I hope he does but wouldn't put money on it.

Head Fi should fund a purchase to find out what's going on. Make it a door prize at the next CanJam if one comes.

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #45 of 67
there are h-fers that have had personal contact with dr xin. jamato has dined with him. perhaps he could reach him and let us know what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back