A letter from Dr. Xin
Nov 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

TheSatelliteGuy

100+ Head-Fier
He apologized for taking so long but he was so far behind he just took some time to clean up the mess. He indicated that he was going to start filling orders very soon. Get in line. I all ways have him max everything out. A few months ago he repaired a amp for me also. There ain't nothing like a Xin. I own 8 of his amps. Best regards to you all.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 67
Xin is the moderator of course so why would he be a new member. And it is, as mentioned above.  Xin. (with the period, which would have allowed someone else to do this. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 67
Hi all. I haven't been here for a while, but today, 3 years and 2 months after ordering an amp from Dr. Xin I got a response from him!
It seems he is alive and well. Should I order or not? Has anyone heard from Xin in the last 3 years? I looked for the thread about those who
were waiting for their amps, but I suppose it been gone for a while.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 67
I also recieved an email asking if I still want the Reference that I ordered in September 2007.  I am not sure how those old References compare to current models.  Of course, if XIN has been working on it, it may be a very different amp. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Explorer

PS  Actually my knowledge is out of date.  I need to update my knowledge before I recommit to a $275 purchase.

PPS I wish I knew if it is really xin or someone who just got control of his site.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 67
BE AFRAID.  BE VERY AFRAID.  I too got the same letter from Fixup.net.  Don't trust it at all, given Xin's disappearance after all this time.  ALSO today, got two attempted uses on the same crredit card, and the credit card company declined the purchases, thankfully.  I wouldn't send whoever this is one damn dime.   Or, put another way: I've waited two years for a non-existent amp, he can wait awhile for my non-existent payment

O and one more thing: I had emailed Xin over the years and he had responded.  This is NOT the usual English sentence structure he usually used--in other words, being Chinese, some of his written English didn't flow as well as is in this letter.

Someone's trying to rip us off, I'm afraid.

Maybe we report this to the mods???

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 67
I also received this email from Xin.  I ordered the Reference amp in August of 2007.  I responded, but there is no chance that I'll purchase the product.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 67
I checked his site.  No new posting on his site.  I am also not willing to put my credit card info until I get more info.   I do hope Xin is back but I 2 have my doubts.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 67
I would suggest going with one of the new IBASSO amps...I owned a XIN amp and it was very warm sounding...and couldnt stand up to the old IBASSO D3, which was later replaced by the current D4, that is absolutely a steal...now they have the P4 that is awesome as well

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #10 of 67
I remember seeing on another thread someone--I think it was Mrarroyo--said the XIn site had been reincarnated,but by someone who spelled it"Xin." with a "period" at the end of Xin.  Don't remember where I saw it, but I honestly believe this whole thing reeks of fraud

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 67
Interesting suggestion.  I bought an IBasso D2 back in June 2008.  Looks like the IBasso D3 and D4 are a major upgrades to my D2.

Quote:
I would suggest going with one of the new IBASSO amps...I owned a XIN amp and it was very warm sounding...and couldnt stand up to the old IBASSO D3, which was later replaced by the current D4, that is absolutely a steal...now they have the P4 that is awesome as well

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 67
I also received the email from Xin wanted to know whether that I wanted Reference amp that I ordered few years back. I have my doubt but I guess I am willing to give a chance by ordering this amp. I will let everyone know if I do receive the amp. Xin had my old credit info but got never charged anyway since the amp never got shipped. Call me old fool,,, oh well.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 67
I would not blame him it he hired someone to handle his email. He is a very poor businessman. I told him that on the phone one year. But it is his business isn't it? I have loved him and hated him and I have told him that if he wanted to commit business suicide it was his choice. He is a genius and not a businessman. He is the Picasso of the portable headphone amp enthusiasts. He has a right to do as he pleases. We have all known him as very eccentric. I find him a huge lesson in patience that has been well worth waiting for. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #15 of 67
I've merged both threads on this. I do have to strongly recommend against attempting to purchase gear from someone who has such a poor reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back