A Journey Into The Strange, Abstract And Dark Realm Of Music
Nov 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 50
Wow, I am pretty much going to have dementia after listening to all these album recommendations!
tongue.gif

No problem "The Actual", I hope you enjoy some of them, they do take some time to get used too though lol... I showed some of my friends and they think I am a total nutcase for listening to these...

I am going to have to extend my listening sessions a little bit now, there are so many to pick from, I already listened to some, and love them! Most recent being Lustmord- Where the black stars hang. Also check out William Basinski's music, also interesting... I am glad to see that there are some people in this community with similar musical tastes as myself, since I cannot say that for almost every other being I come into contact with lol... Thanks once again guys, keep em coming! (if possible)...

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #21 of 50
Ambient/shoegazing black metal:

Sun Of The Blind - Skullreader
Darkspace - Darkspace II
Coldworld - Melancholie 2

Dark Ambient

Raison D'Etre - Enthraled by the Wind of Lonelienes
Lustmord - Zoetrope
Lustmord - Heresy
Robert Rich & Lustmord - Stalker
Northaunt - Barren Land
Kammarheit - Asleep & Well Hidden

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #22 of 50
Legendary Pink Dots, The - The Maria Dimension (CD, Album) at Discogs << Great variety of instruments and yes very strange indeed.

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.* - In C (LP) at Discogs << Great album, starts drone-y and goes psychedelic rock

Murcof - The Versailles Sessions (CD, Album) at Discogs << In my opinion one of the most innovative artists of the day, this album and Cosmos (which was mentioned earlier) are my favorites of his. Check the vocals on track 3!!

Kreng - L'Autopsie Phénoménale De Dieu (LP, Ltd, Album, P/Mixed, Gre) at Discogs << One of my favorites from last year. Dark, twisted, modern classical electronic music.

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #24 of 50
Nice to see the thread updated with new albums. I have listened to most of Lustmord, Robert Rich albums, though they have loads of dark and unsettling atmosphere, IMO they lack an emotional core, but either way I enjoy them. "Arteom" the recommendation "kreng l'autopsie phénoménale de dieu" is an excellent one, dark and disturbing, yet innovative and multi-layered. Even at first listen the album felt solid, I am glad I checked this one out, no doubt I will listen to this one again, to dissect this one further... Cheers everyone!

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #25 of 50
415F8IF5%2BnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LSD C&W - THE HISTORY OF THE CHADBOURNES IN AMERICA

[The Lord God intended for "Wild Horses" to be played to the accompaniment of toy machine guns.]

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #28 of 50
...and "folk" music doesn't come any darker than Boduf Songs, try "When Shadows Chase the Balance", especially the song "Found on the Bodies of Fallen Whales", very creepy stuff.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #29 of 50
Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Black Earth

Very dark music, some kind of wierd combination of jazz/blues and ambient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back