A head-fier owes me $1000+ and couldn't (/wouldn't) pay me back..
Jun 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #123 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are always two sides to a story, and it's not up to us to decide which side of the story is correct

Considering the OP trusted this person and gave him every benefit of the doubt for months on end, only for trose to come in and say "yeah I took his money, so what I needed it", I'd say there really isn't much more to sort out.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #124 of 151
Ok, we'll take todd's side of the story:

He owes the money. He's chosen not to pay. He has a sob story as to why, but he's an adult.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #125 of 151
Guys I tend to be benevolent, and I know Todd as well, honestly we do not know the details nor the magnitude of his problem. His main fault was IMO the lack of having some spare cash, not only to pay this gentlemen, also for his own family, I have always some spare cash home, just in case, but that is just me...

I do not think that he has run into this problem intentionally, and trust me that I'm not justifying him, but I have been on the other side as well, even with some members that now are well regarded here, and even MOT's, that IMO do not deserve such status right now, and not a single bit of consideration, as they keep on doing the same time after time. And in those cases have been for that lack of planning in business, that is IMO far worst. It took me up to six months and some "external help" to get a freaking refund, in a legitimate business transaction. Since that day, sorry, but I always take my precautions while buying, and if I can't, I simply pass...

Also understand that having a family carries other reponsibilities, that may have been a priority for him, and for the money he was able to gather during this period of time, myself I would pay first, but God knows the situation he has...

OTOH he has never refused to pay, and he has kept the communication with the other party, for whatever the outcome has been...So IMO it could be a lot worst, and I have been involved in cases that not even a single email have been answered...
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #126 of 151
"It isn't our job to moderate sales, it's the moderators jobs"

Your so very wrong guy. It's Our Job to look out for each other. We're a community not a bunch of children. We clean up after our selves, We keep the neighborhood safe, We look out for our neighbors and friends, We chip in when some one is in need.

To think it’s some one else’s responsibility to take care of Our Community is B.S.

Sov- If the guy had any integrity or intention of Re-paying he would have sent $10 a week or at least started to make payments. He would have done something. Instead he's used money that wasn't his for personal expenses and has refused to repay the money.

Mitch

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #127 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT's ME!

First of all there are two sides to every story, With that said JDIMITRI has the right to do as he wishes in regard to making public announcements on a private transaction. In fact this transaction was made via email and did not involve Head-Fi in any way. (So much for the lynching!)

Simply put I owe JDIMITRI money. I publicly take full responsibility and have made commitments to him to cover any debt owed as well as any fees. If you all are looking for a crook that's not me and many here would say the same.

I have flawless feedback here at Head-Fi and that should speak to my character. if you choose to not trust me due to a single transaction gone bad then that is the gangs choice.

The circumstances of the situation are unfortunate but I assure all that it will be rectified and made Whole 110%

This is all I will say on this subject.

OK back to slaying that cheating person!
smily_headphones1.gif

Have Mercy!
Main Source: Apple TV (160gb)
Main DAC: Musical Fidelity TRIVISTA 21
Main Amp: Ray Samuels Raptor (Silver#001)
Main Cans: Beyer DT990 (600ohms)
Tubes: (Vintage 1965 12AU7 Amperex, Vintage Tung-Sol)
Power Cables: (ALO Audio)
Interconnects: (Madrigal CZ Gels)

Portable Source: Red Wine Audio imod (80gb)
Portable Amp: Ray Samuels Hornet
IEMS: Ultimate Ears UE-10's
Cables: ALO Custom 4 wire JUMBO Cryo

Very disturbing is your action on this matter. I copied your sig to demonstrate the amount of high end gear which you have/had & that should have been sold long ago to square funds you never rightfully owned, yet somehow pilfered (and now can not pay back to this member / your "friend"). How did you contact this member? Did you see him on the street when you were in Aus? I doubt it, you most likely met this person Via Head-Fi, so you the transaction as such is associated with these boards. This member has every right to communicate your complete lack of follow through, ethics, and antics pertaining this fraud here for others to be warned.
Definition of crook, well defined in this instance, your words.
eek.gif

Many are not sure what to make of your arguments, but they are poorly crafted and support no cause to which you have relieved this member of this money against your word for way too long without compensation. Your feedback should reflect this inconvenience and your membership here foregone I expect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone with honor wouldn't own expensive gear and have a debt. End of story.

x2
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thousands worth of his own gear, no specific explanations, no tiny shows of good faith (that we know of, and if those had been made, well of course you'd speak up about it, right?), it doesn't speak highly of him.

No it surely does not
Quote:

That's a little tough to do when you get audited and your whole life savings including the ops money gets held without notice.

Transfered the money to my checking to make purchases next day bam!

No money! (Imagine having NO MONEY!)

I'm leaving it at that.

I didn't go on vacation with it!

I have been a member here for quite sometime and do deserve some respect.

This is one isolated incident that will be fixed period!

As for the inquiring minds on equipment:

My equipment was sold to a friend with the agreement that I could buy it back in time. I have a family and had NO other choice but to pay for things to keep them afloat while this situation gets resolved.

You really cant comment on what you would do if not in the same scenerio.

Sorry to dissapoint all of you.

Life happens. Before doing any of the stuff you claim above, you should have made whole your debt to this member.
Quote:

MAYBE YOU MISSED IT! THE GEAR HAS BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS!

IF THIS EVERYONES TRUE FELLINGS BAN ME NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH!

Nice talk yelling in all caps considering all that has gone on here. Being a Professional DJ, wonder if your 1200's and gear is gone too..If you still have your equipment you could be doing gigs to recoup funds. Bad JuJu on Todd. Bad.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #128 of 151
Here’s a clue to the Crooks Integrity.

05/12/08- My Hornet is used every single day!
With a picture of his iPod
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rsa...9/#post4204267
rig1kc5.jpg

03/16/08- FS: PC3200 512MB RAM
01/29/08- If you sell the cable seperate keep me in mind for the 600's MAxxy!

For some one so hard up they can’t pay their debts they still have audio gear?

Mitch

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #129 of 151
He stated that he sold his gear to a friend to get it later on from him again, so probably right now he has nothing to sell...
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #130 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here’s a clue to the Crooks Integrity.

05/12/08- My Hornet is used every single day!
With a picture of his iPod
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rsa...9/#post4204267
rig1kc5.jpg

03/16/08- FS: PC3200 512MB RAM
01/29/08- If you sell the cable seperate keep me in mind for the 600's MAxxy!

For some one so hard up they can’t pay their debts they still have audio gear?

Mitch

What's in the picture alone could make up more than half of the $1000 debt...probably more. And that was posted less than a month ago? So much for your story that all your gear has been gone for months.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #131 of 151
I agree that it is our job to look after each-other...I don't think I made what I wanted to say clear enough...This community seems obsessed with a drama and gets a kick out of beating this guy down...It's not our job to flame the guy, it's our job to help find a solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"It isn't our job to moderate sales, it's the moderators jobs"

Your so very wrong guy. It's Our Job to look out for each other. We're a community not a bunch of children. We clean up after our selves, We keep the neighborhood safe, We look out for our neighbors and friends, We chip in when some one is in need.

To think it’s some one else’s responsibility to take care of Our Community is B.S.

Sov- If the guy had any integrity or intention of Re-paying he would have sent $10 a week or at least started to make payments. He would have done something. Instead he's used money that wasn't his for personal expenses and has refused to repay the money.

Mitch

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #132 of 151
I don't think anyone is getting a kick beating him down. What is happening is that people are responding and responding intelligently to trose49 who seems to think it is fine to take someone's cash and laugh it off without giving concrete reasons for dodging the OP. Only after he was outted was there any commitment to repay. Once this was stated, others chimed in regarding any and all gear presently owned and are enquiring why this gear has not been sold to pay off the debt.

Perhaps the OP has requested that trose49 keep what he has left so that he might enjoy a bit of "life" in life while getting through these tough times. If that is the case, then wonderful. If not, why has trose49 not offered to sell stuff on the quick to pay the OP who himself indicates he has been undergoing rather tough times (and as a teen has a far more limited means of income).

It is excellent that members of the community offer suggestions and support. In the past, this has led to people actually getting their gear returned to them or money owed to them all because of the actions of the members. This pressure, though never desired can be a good thing if it stays mature and on topic. So far I think this is the case.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #133 of 151
That's what's been happening. We've suggested solutions: sell stuff, or work, and pay the debt. It's been 6 months. Quiet negotiation didn't work. Asking nicely didn't work. Now the original poster is having financial troubles and Todd still isn't manning up.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #135 of 151
Todd appears to have parked his gear with a friend as opposed to selling it outright. While tough times suck take a moment to reflect, what's more important your rep or a silver raptor? I hope your family is not aware that you have taken $1000 from a minor in Australia? What would they think, what message is that to your kids

Good luck to both of you and here is to hoping Todd comes to his senses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back