A head-fier owes me $1000+ and couldn't (/wouldn't) pay me back..
Jun 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #136 of 151
Yes, that deal where he "sold" it to his friend sounds more like a way to keep it from getting claimed in bankruptcy auction or whatnot.

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #137 of 151
Here's another suggestion...if Todd is in such dire financial straits, why can't he borrow the money from a friend to pay the OP? Sure, it's "robbing Peter to pay Paul", but in this case (OP being a minor in another country) it would go a long way to restoring Todd's reputation as the debt would be between Todd and his friend. It would also be helping the OP who himself is having money trouble right now.

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #138 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People will do what they have to to survive (Human nature)

There it is. And I was giving you a *huge* benefit of a doubt.

No more.

And...I will never fly with you in a rickety plane over the Andes.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #139 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He stated that he sold his gear to a friend to get it later on from him again, so probably right now he has nothing to sell...
biggrin.gif

Yes, we hear Todd stating all kinds of things. Thanks for clarifying.

If it was sold or "borrowed" to a friend (ahem to not be repossessed perhaps by the Govt), then utilizing/borrowing the DJ equipment would not be out of the question to promote some additional necessary funds with a gig, this was my thought. You seem to support this member which is your call, the smiley face does not seem fitting yet in this timeline.

I was simply trying to suggest some help for Todd to get out of this wide hole, as this is dumb rediculous.

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #141 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, we hear Todd stating all kinds of things. Thanks for clarifying.

If it was sold or "borrowed" to a friend (ahem to not be repossessed perhaps by the Govt), then utilizing/borrowing the DJ equipment would not be out of the question to promote some additional necessary funds with a gig, this was my thought. You seem to support this member which is your call, the smiley face does not seem fitting yet in this timeline.

I was simply trying to suggest some help for Todd to get out of this wide hole, as this is dumb rediculous.

I'm not supporting anybody, I just stated that he has right now nothing else to sell, unless himself...What can we do about that???

Aslo what we do not let them solve their very personal problem by themselves? Both are adults, and IMO both have in part some responsibility in what is happening. IMO none of the two are acting as adults, one for not being responsible enough to pay, and the other for non being responsible enough to protect his money, even more while such big amount of cash is involved, and on top bring this issue here where it does not belong at all, as the transaction was not even made on an item listed here, and was done outside headfi...

BTW what about if someone state that everybody is supporting a buyer that was not even able to protect himslef from this to happen, well it is true that now he learned the hard way...I'm sure that next time he will use a method that will let him retrive the funds.
IMO what is happening was his fault in part as well, for being so naive in this cruel world. As the sticky post in for sale states, "you have to protect yourself while doing any transaction"...Do not trust anybody, as we say here, money has a doggy face my friend!!!

Now no more smilies, as they seem to bother you...

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #142 of 151
This is totally wrong.

I agree with so many posters here, i dont have time to quote them all!

I wont just instantly trust "respected" high post head-fi'ers anymore.

The gear sounds like it has gone to a friend so it isnt repossesed, so yeah, why not borrow back your decks and DJ? You'll have the money back in no time.

I mean, this guy is 18, and in a different country.

£500 is alot to anyone, let alone someone his age.

I dont plan to buy from you ever, just like many others, £50 to me is like £500 to the OP at 15 years old.

Your half-assed, jokey replies are not doing anything to fix the situation, and your digging yourself into an even bigger self dug hole, and you have allready ruined your reputation, and feedback.

Last of all, the evidence of your postings of the hornet "in use everyday" suggests it is in your possession, so, sell it and the imod, and get that money to the op, that is more than half, and will help the op with his financial situation greatly, and improve his trust in you, and his hope in getting the rest back.

If you dont have a job, or lost it, now would be the time to get one i think, and get the poor kids money back after a year of your occasional replies and excuses.

Saying/implying that you should be given credit for outing yourself is rediculous in my opinion too...

Just my 2 cents!

Matt

Jun 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #144 of 151
I've been following this thread from the beginning and after Todd came out and stated his reasoning to why he didn't pay the OP, all I can say is, "shame on you Todd". Do you mean to say that you aren't eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner or cutting out a meal a day? Come on, you took someone's money and haven't paid in 6 months. End of story. You met him on the forums, end of story. In the end the right thing to do is to pay him back soon and at the very least in increments since times are hard for you and your family. To have not paid a dime, not a single dime to the OP is inexcusable.

Jun 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #145 of 151
My 2 cents...

Some folks do not see how important money is to others. Money is often a seperator-- i.e., it is the dividing line between patience, being cordial, considerate, friendly.

On one side where money is not involved-- two parties are expected to be cordial, kind, patient with each other. On the other side when money is involved after a time cordial conversation, patience and seeing the other person's perspective ends.

Basically it becomes -- "I could not care less about your family. I care about my family and mine needs to eat too and basically your family is eating my money."

This sounds cold and impersonal and in hobbies perhaps there is more leeway since this is supposed to be the "disposal" part of our incomes.

But still money is a divider. Without understanding that we will argue all night because one side will say, "let them work it out..." and other side will say, "sell your clothes to pay your debt..."

In the US having a debt is no small thing-- guess what (as wrong as this is)-- some folks who are convicted of taking other's monies sometimes go to jail longer than those who hurt another's physical body.

Just to show I have been on both sides of the tape-- when I was young and very poor my Mother passed a bad check to pay for my healthcare (for my healthcare not her own)...

Well the provider balked and called the police -- they broke into our home and took my mother to jail in the middle of the night for a day or so and she paid the debt immediately thereafter. Now the healthcare provider was rich (at least comparison) and we were poor and in between fortunes and just needed more time to pay ...

But that did not matter to the police.

They executed based on the laws of the land.

Now this case is a little bit more unusual but the debtor is subject to all pain of the lender. The lender can cause a fit and all the debtor can ethically respond with is "Here's your money. Sorry."

The debtor may be upset and feel marginalized or unheard but again-- WHEN YOU OWE MONEY YOU ARE IN DEBT... YOUR ONLY GOAL HAS TO BE TO GET OUT OF DEBT... not save face or plead your case or ask for understanding. Those latter items (understanding, patience) are at the discretion of the lender.

With that said-- being compassionate is not the worst thing... it's actually kind of liberating.

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #146 of 151
Quote:

I'm not supporting anybody, I just stated that he has right now nothing else to sell, unless himself...What can we do about that???

Aslo what we do not let them solve their very personal problem by themselves? Both are adults, and IMO both have in part some responsibility in what is happening. IMO none of the two are acting as adults, one for not being responsible enough to pay, and the other for non being responsible enough to protect his money, even more while such big amount of cash is involved, and on top bring this issue here where it does not belong at all, as the transaction was not even made on an item listed here, and was done outside headfi...

BTW what about if someone state that everybody is supporting a buyer that was not even able to protect himslef from this to happen, well it is true that now he learned the hard way...I'm sure that next time he will use a method that will let him retrive the funds.
IMO what is happening was his fault in part as well, for being so naive in this cruel world. As the sticky post in for sale states, "you have to protect yourself while doing any transaction"...Do not trust anybody, as we say here, money has a doggy face my friend!!!

Now no more smilies, as they seem to bother you...

You edited your post but I cannot make much of any sense at times reading it. (Am not trying to be disrespectful, just cannot follow it at times)

Basically in my reply to you I was simply conveying a suggestion to where Todd could potentially earn funds towards a resolve by borrowing back equipment from the source to whom he has loaned it to. Your posts in fact indicated support one way or the other towards Todd in this thread, from my perspective. - No worries there either.

I don't mind smileys, they are nice. Hopefully some of the posts within this thread help drive ideas towards a speedy compensation to the OP.

I shall not speak to your suggestion of blame towards the OP because that is hardly the bigger picture, and many times over on HF there are such deals and agreements similar that go down with the proper ethics and resolution as intended. This currently is more a case of fraud which is now getting the attention it warrants, period paragraph.
frown.gif

Other members need be made aware of this type of activity because it could be happening with someone else and Todd or could happen to others from the like in the near future.

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #147 of 151
Also, Trose is dead wrong about the Etymotic er4S. (just thought as long as we were piling on).

Jun 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #148 of 151
Quote:

I'm not supporting anybody

the fact that every post you've made has been "i know todd and...(insert stuff supporting todd and kind of putting the OP at fault even though he had money stolen from him
confused.gif
)" makes me think laugh at you saying this. Seriously, if I owed someone 1k and my account was frozen for WHATEVER reason. I would be down at the local hardware store working for 1k until I could pay someone back, not RIDICULING the fact that someone who he owes 1k to wants their 1k. This whole experience is just such a joke.

Jun 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #149 of 151
Is it worth putting a (temporary?) lock on this rapidly descending thread, as it isn't going anywhere and is descending into silliness and mudslinging?

All that's going to be said in a constructive way has been said, and until the money has been paid back (or the most recent 30-day window breached) there's nothing that can be added here...

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #150 of 151
Just for the heck of it I looked up why accounts are frozen. Nice explanation here: Dealing with Frozen Bank accounts

It would seem trose49 defaulted on one or more of his debts, and he continues the practice with the OP. Some people learn from their mistakes and others are destined to wallow in them.

Considering it is such a lengthy process to reach the point that your accounts are actually frozen, and there are several opportunities to meet with your debtor(s) to reach a resolution to your crisis, it is hard not to sympathize with the OP.

It certainly appears as though the behavior that got your accounts frozen in the first place is the same behavior that is costing you dearly here on head-fi. I for one hope you are able to learn from your mistakes and to stop repeating this destructive behavior. Paying the OP back ASAP is a good first step toward restoring your lost pride, lost self-esteem and lost reputation. But YOU have to choose to change and begin the restorative process.

Just remember, actions speak louder than words. Repayment is more gratifying than excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back