A firmware patch to enable Google Play store in M11/M11PRO/M15 based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #136 of 137
I only have long listening experience with the m11 and m11 pro. Amazon HD didn’t work a while back but I believe people claimed it was working a update or two ago. I kept my m11 and got rid of the m11 pro. The normal m11 was a little lean in the low end compared to the pro but I couldn’t justify an extra 200 for small sound quality difference. I just got the m15 yesterday but don’t have enough listening time to comment if it’s worth the price quite yet. I already hate the volume knob but I’ll get used to it.
Sliding one of these gold rings on the M15 volume knob helps a bit to be able to see it in the dark, for one. :)
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-knob...m15-music-player-stainless-steel-gold-plating

Update: Head's up, don't remove the slick paper stuck inside the golden ring - Ask me how I know :)
It turns out what looks like inner covering to protect the finish is actually needed to have a tight fit against the volume knob.

My knob was slipping as the M15's leather case rubs against - pushes against the gold ring / knob.

I pulled off the knob and thought the slippery paper was the problem - it was the problem, but not because it was slippery - the paper had compressed due to the pressure from the leather case.

I pulled off the paper and now the golden ring doesn't turn the volume knob. I'll find some other sticky backed paper to cut out a sliver to put inside the golden ring.

I still like the golden ring on the black knob better than the bare knob, but for now it works great - the volume knob no longer rubs against the M15's leather case.

FiiO didn't take into account DD's golden ring width when designing the cut out in the leather case for the volume knob.

These are the only shots I've got with the golden ring installed:
FiiO M15 FiiO Case 1.jpgFiiO M15 FiiO Case 2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #137 of 137
I only have long listening experience with the m11 and m11 pro. Amazon HD didn’t work a while back but I believe people claimed it was working a update or two ago. I kept my m11 and got rid of the m11 pro. The normal m11 was a little lean in the low end compared to the pro but I couldn’t justify an extra 200 for small sound quality difference. I just got the m15 yesterday but don’t have enough listening time to comment if it’s worth the price quite yet. I already hate the volume knob but I’ll get used to it.

Thank you. Would you mind letting me know what you think of the M15 when you've had a chance to use properly. Astell's SR25 also caught my eye because they've upped the game on battery life (20+ hours quoted). Thanks again from the UK and stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back