A few questions about the Matrix M-Stage amp....
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
1) Will I really notice that much difference with my source (X-Fi Fatalty) going from a PA2V2?
2) Is the only place to buy it coolfungadget's website or coolfungadget's eBay store, which both appear to be in China which totally turns me off?
2a) If not, where else can I buy it? (already checked the F/S forums and posted a thread)
2b) Why would I buy it from coolfungadget's eBay store when it's ~$30 more than coolfungadget.com (both have free shipping, eBay store price is ~$280, coolfungadget.com is $248)
3) How does this amp synergize with the AD700s?  Really liking these cans, and curious about how it would affect the sound.
4) How does this amp synergize with the MS-1s?

I got a pretty hefty paycheck today but decided to wait to jump the gun...the biggest thing that didn't appeal to me was that it was in China and there's no option for rush delivery.  Yeah yeah, but when I order something I want to get it ASAP.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Anyone for any of the questions?

Oct 30, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 3
I have AD700 and SR325is.  They both love the amp, so I think your MS1's probably will as well.  I'd recommend you get it then you can pair it with a much better DAC later on.
It's a Chinese amp (and a clone of a much more expensive amp) being sold by its Chinese maker.  I had no problems dealing with coolfungadget myself; good communication, too.
I imagine their website makes up for the lower price with the shipping charge or it is indeed a bit cheaper.  I bought mine from their ebay store when there was a price drop.
You should probably talk to coolfungadget for more details and to discuss shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back