A discussion about phones and tablets
Mar 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #151 of 163
Basically it went down like this. Remember Gizmodo got the iPhone4...and it made mega super national news? It has over 13million views on that article BTW.

Steve Jobs was an avid fan and reader of Gizmodo. Things were tight, Gizmodo was a huge tech site that had a high online tech blog rating in terms of page visits and how many people liked it. They had great articles and they were invited to all the Apple stuff, got to have conversations with Jobs and all this great stuff. Things were good, articles were tight, and the money was rolling in for them well of course.

Then they bought it off a guy that picked it up off of an Apple sales dude. And the rest is history.

They lost Steve Jobs trust, and....that was the last time Steve was ever nice to them. They bascically betrayyed a friend...a fan that loved the site. For money and fame. And with over 13 million page views on an ad supported site and making national and worldwide news...they got it...for a time

Then it went downhill. Right after that mess..Gizmodo went into a downward spiral(i was onboard) and it is pretty close to the ground now. They still have good articles, but not current computer technology good articles, cool articles on history, TIL and other stuff that is just cool to learn about is still there..but the tech was more or less...just whiped out..well not whiped, they still have all the stuff you would find at a normal tech blog and they aren't as pro apple fanboys as they used to be(new team?) but bascically.it's a fragment of it's former self

I used to be proud of the site. Back when they debuted the 4 on the site..i was a top ranking "starred" member..meaning my posts were actually visible and i could promote comments to be seen. if you aren;'t starrred, you need to go to the bottom of the screen and ask to see "other" comments every single time. so ..yeah i was proud....not anymore

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #152 of 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yet people with little to no experience, unbox a HD800 and say it "doesn't fit on your ipod" type review...

Have you seen TechRadar's HD800 review? They literally said "it doesn't fit on your iPod". I literally face palmed.

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #154 of 163

Quote:
Kindle Fire Referb on sale today only for 139.99

That's a pretty awesome price. Can you root it and get Stock Android? If you can I'll probably get it. I don't want to be chained to Amazon.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #156 of 163

Quote:
You can I havent did it yet but I picked one up. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

I need a cheap device like that because my parents would like to send it back home to friends. Always bugging me about it and stuff. They call me up at the most annoying times. That would be a great gift in America. But they want to send it to their Chinese friends and unless it has a quarter bitten Apple on the back and has an "i" in it. Nobody cares.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #157 of 163
Kindle Fire doesn't do well in China since Amazon content is blocked making it useless.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #159 of 163
Hi, I need some advice on a tablet purchase. I'm about to get my hands on a pair of Sony MDR-7506 (back-ordered in my area). For portable music I'm using a Sansa Fuze, but the jack has become loose on it and now I want something that can play music well (well enough compared to a Fuze) and also surf the internet. I'm looking at either the Acer Iconia A100 or Samsung Galaxy, but suggestions to other tablets are welcome. Mainly, I'm looking at sound quality from a 7" tab. Would the newer A100 really be a better choice than the Galaxy tab?

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #160 of 163
I'll bump this since I don't really have a great answer to your question. I've heard of a few phones that have good sound quality but I'm not aware of any specific tablets that really stand out for their sound quality. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help you out.

This is rather off topic, but wasn't sure where else to post and I figured I'd ask here since this was one of the offshoot threads: What happened to the Beats thread? I see it got closed but I don't really see any specific reason why it was closed.

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #161 of 163
No idea mate...
I guess it went too off-topic for the admins...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #163 of 163
Just thought to mention:
Flashed cm9 on my s1, and it didn't come with voodoo support.
The SQ of my s1 sounded boring, and un clean.

Had to get voodoo back, so flashed another kernel with voodoo support.
Man...a whole lot of difference. Believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back