A discussion about phones and tablets
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
Started a discussion in the HDMI cable thread - so here is the thread for it :)

It really is Apple vs the world.
I feel that Apple has a large market share, and every person wants an Apple product, usually for no good reason.
If one is asked why does one want an apple, the general public wouldn't know what to reply with.

So why is it, Apple is so popular nowadays, when there are many other manufacturers out there?

I personally don't really like Apple and their products.
I find them very over-priced, over-hyped, too much fan-boyism relating Apple products, and especially hardware wise lacking - I understand a dual core isn't needed at times, nor will my mum really use a dual core, or quad core - but what bout the screen, micro SD, battery, camera?

In essence I find how audiphiles hate beats by dre products, the same as my hatred for Apple products.

I also agree that the iphone hype is just over-the-top, that's why i have a hatred for it. JUST LIKE how we audio-nuts have a nack against people that like beats.
Is there anything wrong with buying and owning beats?
OF COURSE NOT!
But when you could buy BETTER, for a CHEAPER price, then why not do so? Just following the trend are we?
Thus my initial statement:
Apple = Beats.
It feels the same "mentality" to me.
If you could buy a phone with better hardware: S2
If you could buy a phone that is cheaper: S1, S2
But yet decide not to:
Following the trend -> Iphone4

Indeed each has there preferences - but if you were a person seeking a smartphone, would you really limit yourself to ONLY Apple products?
I myself never have limited myself.

I came from having:
Ipod classic 5g < ipod touch 3rd gen < SGS i9000

I know each has their different roles, but the iphone is exactly like the ipod touch but with call/data functionalities.
I remember after selling my 3rd gen - which got upgraded toa  4th gen because of a problem at apple with dealing with my repair, that I myself looked at the iphone 4.
If it wasn't for the micro SD, price, and removable battery, I would have stayed on iOS - I'm so glad, till this day, that I didn't.
Each time I pick up an iPhone, I feel its all together quite disappointing and quite boring - if i really wanted an apple product in my hands, then I would buy the cheaper iPod touch.

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 163
I think the Apple vs the world statement is a bit off. Apple vs Android vs Android vs Android

This is the reason (I think) Apple is still on top. Android has a broken OS and that's a big thing that's holding it back. By broken I don't mean bad...broken as in many versions.

Some phone use 2.2, some use 2.3, tablets use 3, some phones will upgrade to 4.0. iOS is nice and consolidated. iPad runs one OS, iPhone (and touch) run the other...and they're well integrated. 

----

Anyway. I recently went from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy Note. While I like the Note for a few things (4g and the huge 5.3" screen), I honestly prefer the iOS devices. Their marketplace is better, the app variety is better (Most of the better iOS games are exclusives).

I could ramble on and on, but I'll keep it short. I prefer iOS devices to any other smartphones I've used. It's smooth, consolidated, and the app selection is killer. They need to do a little keep up on things like 4g, but since the current iPad saw it come I'm sure the new iPhone will, too.

Not to mention sound quality of iOS devices is better than any other smarthphone I've heard. Especially with the aid of some apps out there.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 163
-I agree with u on the market font
-I agree that android is not locked down to 1 or 2 devices - i mean the whole of the apple range doesn't even cover half of the samsung phones out there - let alone all the other manufacturers.
So its VERY easy for apple to roll out updates for all their devices, as they are (hardware aside) all similar. I mean really what is the difference between the 4 and the 4s.
Now compare the difference between the s1 and s2.

Now for sound quality - i disagree - I've never felt so in love with my music, until i got my SGS with the voodoo control app.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 163
So when you're talking about Apple here you only seem to be talking about their phones and other portable devices like that - what about their laptops?  I honestly think their Macbook Pro is the best laptop on the market for many reasons.  It may be a little more expensive than the competition, sure, but it offers things that no other laptop can, namely the excellent construction quality.  The only real problem is the lack of a user-replaceable battery, but that can still be replaced if you know what you're doing.

I don't really see any reason to hate on the MBP.  You can even install Windows on it and run it natively.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 163

Quote:
So when you're talking about Apple here you only seem to be talking about their phones and other portable devices like that - what about their laptops?  I honestly think their Macbook Pro is the best laptop on the market for many reasons.  It may be a little more expensive than the competition, sure, but it offers things that no other laptop can, namely the excellent construction quality.  The only real problem is the lack of a user-replaceable battery, but that can still be replaced if you know what you're doing.

I don't really see any reason to hate on the MBP.  You can even install Windows on it and run it natively.

Easy reason:
I've never in my life owned a laptop - so i cannot nor will comment on them :D!

Although feel free to talk about them :)
I always found their laptops, when I was looking for my mum, to be very expensive.
I also have no experience of the OS on the PC - I think it looks sleek and fast, but found that it never really was a gaming PC, more for a PC that is mainly made for artists, that need something super stable.
But again, I have no idea if that's true or not.
Thus I cannot comment nor find it fair to comment on something I don't have experience with - ie. their or generally speaking laptops (even though I know several things about PC's doesn't mean I'ma  pro on laptops) or MAC's

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 163
The majority of argument's for Android are open ness and ROM's and all those geeky stuff. Ask a regular person what they want to use it for and you get the same..uh uh uh answer that makes you think why didn't you go iOS?

Unlike Beats and Android devices. Apple has quality deep below. Their airport Expresses have optical out for you to use with an DAC of your choice. They have a wireless streaming protocal that supports up to Red Book standards. 1411.2 kbps @ 44.1 KHz. All their devices use Cirrus Logic DAC's that are superior in sound and SNR and what not to other companies. They are consistently rated at the top for support, how often a computer breaks, quality of parts and what not.

The media is idiotic. It is all propaganda on changing one's views and getting on the band wagon and showing articles that people want to read. Apple is the first company to join the FLA and last year performed over 300 audits. They have been internatinaly and locally cleared. And this year FLA went and checked. Well within conditions set by the FLA in there.

Their devices are also more efficent and fast. There have been and are hiccups. Granted, they have a lot of money and engineer's but many of their things are still..of the old Apple. They don't have as many engineers as say HP, their building and campus is smaller and what not.

Android with it's showy guts and specs that used to pull people in after 2010..lost the spec's race...this is debatable. But in terms of overal, due to Android fragmentation and what not. Only a few devices beat Apple in overal specs if not only parts of it. Android uses the more better for mass distro Dalvik VM. They didn't go with the less better for mass distor JVM but better overal one. Thus their applications which will use their processing power are not as well...efficent for use. My 4S packs 3X the raw performance of an 1.2GHz Android phone. This was using Linpack. Linpack was the world's first ..not benchmark but one that used Mflops as a rating if i remember correctly. 

Due to Apple non fragmentation and a closed set of devices. They when they update their networks can pass updates down better than Android and windows and what not. Most android devices don't get support past a year if even that. With the dual core chips comming last year. Most app dev's thought they would need to rewrite everything?..nope. Apple made it work for them. All apps would get an instant speed boost with no work on their hands if they dont want to take use of the new dual core chips. Apps are also more fluid due to this. And if the dev want's to optomize it. Look at inifity blade..they can optomize it to amazing levels. 

Overal OS? Android is more open and has many options..but who needs those when you ask the normal person? They want easy to use and fast which Android has. But Android was initially not a touchscreen based OS. they changed it last minute to touchscreen and thus the code on touchscreen inputs are slower. Apple's was built on captive touch and thus they set the priority to realtime. Android's are not set to real time. It does not seem they can easily switch it too real time as too many devices are out(fragmentation). After you get a wide base of developers..you can't just say..woops. i want to change.

Granted Apple does fall a bit behind on screens, but by how much? Only behind my 2nd and 3rd most favorite companies ASUS and Samsuung at times. not always..as... ASUS and Samsung are important partners of Apple and make a good portion of important parts

Sound..is subjective. Will we go there? We don't need to. Apple app store also has many EQ and sound changing app's. And technically. and i mean technically. Apple's DAC's and what not are better. Apple also has limited support for external DAC as well with the ipad and a CCK. With that set any DAC that has a usb draw of under 100-150mah (forgot which number it was) can be used as an external DAC. and any device over with a simple powered usb hub or adaptor that has more power can also use any DAC

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 163
Nice post Bowei!

Although to your main question: To a average/normal person:
-> Space - ie Micro SD
-> Battery life - ie. removable battery
-> Screen size + quality - ie AMOLED on the SGS1
-> Price - ie. s1 being much cheaper than the 4

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 163

Quote:
Nice post Bowei!

Although to your main question: To a average/normal person:
-> Space - ie Micro SD
-> Battery life - ie. removable battery
-> Screen size + quality - ie AMOLED on the SGS1
-> Price - ie. s1 being much cheaper than the 4

There's that too. But really I find that most people either don't know what to really do with a Micro SD or are just hoarders of pics and video's and don't know technology.

Removable battery would be nice..but really. how many average people will pull one out and replace the other? I see pro's in the field like reporters doing that. but the iphone has battery pack chargers that you just plug this device into the Dock of the phone and it chargers. you can buy as many of those as you want. just like you can buy as many removable batteries, and best part is..with no removable battery. People like me make a profit changing batteries 
gs1000.gif
 and it looks sexier, and it again enforces Apple's closed policy.

Yeah..people like screen size. un arguable.. people want more space to do things. but apple's formula on retaining that screen size..seems to be this reason here
http://gizmodo.com/5847981/this-is-why-the-iphones-screen-will-always-be-35-inches

Because it makes it cool and hipster to use your phone normally in one hand :) 
bigsmile_face.gif

Price? I can not say that anymore. Most top line android phone's that compete with the iPhone cost more than the current top line baseline iPhone model. Why compare something like an SG1? Plus used iPhone's are a lot more common so I would say you can get a used one cheaper.

I would have loved to have an expandable memory thing, but Apple does that on purpose. One to enforce the idea that they own everything and that it is closed on purpose, to make you spend money. Always at ATT when i get asked what size i want, i always feel the need to ask for 32 GB and Apple and their marketing team knows that you have a split descision to make your choice(people want to look good in public) and that you will say,...well i might need it. So there's that too. And then speeds. Apple doesn't want and has learned form past mistakes decades ago on fragmentation first hand(it almost killed the company...literaly) and thus to preserve speed's, tech support and a highly failure rating. They won't let you put a card in. card's people put in could have incompatablity issues(SD has problems) it may lose data all of a sudden(not rare, but it's a known fact) or ...as we both know since people are dumb tech support will have to spend more and more stupid time fixing problems that normal people caused myself(it's like buying a headphone, blasting music on it..blowing the drivers, and calling tech support and what is wrong?) as an enthusiast, i want expandable storage as i know how to use it..but if we look at the bigger picture, it would be bad as a whole.

Screen quality is another sad part. Apple has so much invested in the NAND flash market that even the superpower of FLASH, Samsung can't do crap to Apple. Apple devices get cream of the crop picks from Samsung due to them having much more power in the market than Samsung themselves. Sad Samsung..but then screen quality. Samsung buffs it's muscles. Samsung is a leader in innovation and everything here. i love samsung btw. Apple doesn't have much here and only has recent partnerships with Toshiba and Sharp to try to move away from Samsung. So Apple get's 2nd place to 3rd place(behind ASUS) when it comes to overal screen quality like sharpness and color and all those stuff. They have been able to bring that up this year with the new ipad but Samsung and ASUS with their sneaky little ways are  staying on top of it...in screen quality that is. Both Samsung and ASUS have better support than other windows or android makers, but they also still have many speed issues, battery charge, and what not issues that Apple also faces. 

I am an Apple fan..i admit.....ok not a fan. a "fan" is the normal person word. im....i don't know. but im also a PC enthusiast and builder, overlclocker and what not. And my expertise are also in that field. 

Most Apple haters wont' read my long posts but hey. it's out there. I hope you will read my posts Tottally Dubbed and maybe gain a bit more of a recognition for Apple just like I have a mutual appreciattion for all OS's on desktop and mobile

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 163
I do love your posts :) 
(Yes I read it all)

Ok so some feedback:
1. I guess I agree on that about the removable battery - who would realistically do it.
I guess the only thing u missed out in the battery thing was:
After a year of usage, the battery life decreases - as I've noted in the HDMI thread - my 1yr old used lithium battery lasted half the time of my mum's brand new one. Same phone, same everything, just one being a newer battery.

The again the argument to re-counter that would be:
But by that time, your average person would want an upgrade.
Yes...but also no.
Most NEW phones come with 18 to 24 month contracts. Unless they buy the phone outright - that's something else.

2. No, there are better spec'ed phones that are cheaper. I agree the Nexus S is stupidly priced - but the S2, and S1, HTC, Nokia, are all cheaper.
I also compare the s1, as that's what they named the iPhone killer.
I SGS1 was the first one to "break the mould" - it really was the first android that came along and said: "You know what Apple? Screw you."
Before you would have the leading innovator Apple, having the next-gen phone.
Now it seems tables have turned, with other manufacturers, not being limited to iOS, catching up 10fold, and then releasing a phone, better, and cheaper.

3. Memory. Well - I remember having the 30GB classic, and having to "trim" my video collection I had on it, as it ran out of space. Now I know, as you said, your average person won't want that much space - but there are a few that do, me included, and you included.
It's not hard to include a micro SD slot - but apple choose not to, as they are indirectly forcing you to make a "hard decision" Pay $500 or pay $600 for the bigger GB model. On other phones, it would be: Pay $400, and decide if you want a memory card or not. If you do, then buy a 64GB one for $100.
About microSD fiddling - its not hard, if it isn't hidden in a camber or something. Like the SGS's one as its inside the backplate it could be considered "hard for some" but if it was on the side....there really isn't an excuse. And I'm sorry, if you cannot get a micro SD card in/out from the side - I don't think buying an iphone is what you need.
I for example, was telling my dad this.
He didn't need a touchscreen, more so he didn't need the top of the line. He could have done perfectly on my S1...but his stubborn and wanted a high-end device - so he got the S2. At least he is partially using it - and has no real troubles using it.

4. Screen quality, I don't blame samsung - just look at the lawsuits. Look at who provide parts (as u said) - Apple is losing out by their attempts to sue Samsung. Samsung here, in this respect has the high ground.

5. And before I could bring FLASH support (Adobe) - but seeing as HTML5 is taking over now, its kind of pointless mentioning it - that said, on the lumia 800 i found the lack of flash annoying (I still have to play a lot with the nokia)

End of the day - it really does depend what a person wants. But for someone reasonably intelligent, whoa t least knows how to browse the internet on their phone, should at least do a little research before going "I want the iphone with the big geebees"

FYI:
Windows phone 7 - is really impressive. The main lack here is the apps...and that's where ios and android win.
If Windows could get a huge app market - I think my next purchase might even be a windows phone

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 163
They're really going to push for it with Windows 8. We'll see how it turns out. I'm curious as well. 

Quote:
FYI:
Windows phone 7 - is really impressive. The main lack here is the apps...and that's where ios and android win.
If Windows could get a huge app market - I think my next purchase might even be a windows phone

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 163
I haven't owned an iOS device since my first gen iPod Touch which I have since sold, but going off of my experiences with that and my android phone (Xperia Play) now, I can say that I much prefer iOS. As a matter of fact, I would have gotten an iPhone 4, but I lost my previous phone and needed a new one, but I didn't have the money at the time and the Xperia Play was free. I also thought I would use it more, but I usually forget I have it. I have an emulator and about 3 games installed plus the ones that came with it and I just haven't used it as much as I thought I would. So, as a phone, it's not nearly as fluid as iOS and for a 1ghz processor and dedicated GPU, I would expect more performance, but it's often quite buggy i.e. apps crashing or appearing to do nothing for a while then suddenly start up. I also have an Android tablet (Xoom) and I got it after debating between getting it and the iPad 2. I chose it simply because it had flash support, but I wish I wouldn't have. My Xoom is much better than my phone and I find it quite competent at everything I want it to do (this must be the android vs. android thing), but it does lack some of the gorgeous apps that are available exclusively on the Apple app store and it's absolutely worthless now after being only a year old. If I had bought a 32gb WiFi iPad 2, I could probably sell it for ~$350, my Xoom, I would have a hard time selling it at all.

I also must be one of the few people who own a Mac and Android devices, and the thing I like about Apple is their hardware-software integration which does give optimized performance.
Here's an example screenshot I took a while ago of the hardware-specific updates that Apple can release:

And, as lame as it sounds, everything does indeed "just work". I remember I put an event in my phone's calender and without me even setting anything up, it showed up in iCal. I also think that Android fanboys are worse because they hate Apple just for the sake of hating apple and most won't give you a response as to why. About the only legitimate argument is that Apple stuff is overpriced, which I would have to agree with, but it's worth the premium for me to have overall better functionality and support. And, me, having OWNED and spent extensive time with both products from Windows to OSX, and Android to iOS, I feel like I'm more qualified to give an opinon (not to sound arrogant or anything) than someone who hasn't. My reason for getting the Xoom was justified since I knew I would be using it mostly for browsing (adobe flash) and I don't think it's worse than the iPad 2, just that there are some pluses and minuses that make it purely preference. Some things, however, are just inferior like my Xperia Play vs. iPhone.

As far as gaming goes (this was brought up briefly), I don't really game on my Mac other than Minecraft mostly, and I have a console for that which I prefer for most games. Some slower gameplay style games like Minecraft and RTS games like SC2 are better on a computer but, I prefer anything else on the console with a controller (yes even FPS).

<edit>
I would get a Windows phone as well if they had more apps. I've owned a Zune HD (before I lost it) and it was one of the best, original, UIs I ever dealt with. It's just too bad for the lack of apps and the less than mediocre browser.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 163
I have a Sharp SH-10C now, see that I do everything else on my iPod Touch and phone is mainly for the camera and... phone. I might reconsider if smartphones getting a better camera.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 163
1:

your internal non removable battery life is going dead? Why don't I fix that for you? I'll charge $60. Yeah...that's not exactly a bad thing.

2:

There are other phone's that are cheaper, but i was talking about top line phone's from those companies that they want to actively compete with the 4S against.

And yes.. they are all better spec'd for the most part(not in the GPU sector) but other than a few tie's in the camera section with Samsung and being 2nd to 3rd place in screen Quality. Apple wins in speed and benchmarks. Yes the 1.2GHz exynos is better speced. Guess which one is faster being used on their respective platforms?..yeah. the 800MHz A5. Both of which are comparable as they both use an ARM Cortex A9 CPU. Only diff like i said is efficency of the SoC design and the efficency of the OS

3:
Basically. all large companies have ridiculous space prices. Apple want's you to make that public(most of the time) hard descision and the other's troll you with a more expensive phone and then an expensive memory card

What I meant by SD was that the market is also fragmented. it's capitalism so of course it is going to be. Apple can't guarantee the speeds and what not of "other" cards and so to make it better for their image they don't support it. If some idiot calls apple and it turns out the SD was causing the problem...who do you think gets the bad image. or if the SD would say "incompatible" or "error" on the screen. People would complain as it didn't go the way they wanted to(and then people will complain when it's a closed system and they can't choose)
this kinnda deals with this quote by Steve Jobs "

You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new." Steve Jobs

So really. There's little to say about Apple here. All companies have problems and ..nooooo moments in them for the consumers. We just have to make do as people complain if it's that way and people complain if it's the other way,

4:
Really? Samsung has been losing. I'm up to date on teh lawsuits and what is happening and right now it's 55/45 with Apple on the 55. Apple asked Samsung before they started the suing war if Samsung wanted to avoid this..but Samsung didn't want to. 

5:
you COULD hve brought flash support....but Adobe stopped all flash support for mobile and with most site's using HTML now..you can't  :) Plus Apple also has a point. Flash was made for desktop devices in the old days..and it is a vulnerbility that can damage a companies reputation and can heat phone's to temperatures Apple won't like and uses to much CPU cycles. Apple just held out and wanted to be the ..bringer of HTML..and guess what. they won. 

6:Windows phone is impressive. Unlike Android they didn't just take many things that just "worked" from Apple. I mean this by inception. Think about back then when you were in school and your teacher told you to make something. but FIRST they showed you an example....how many kids made things that were similar to that ...initial example and said they couldn't think of anything new(including myself) that's what happened to Android. Yes Apple and everybody takes things from everybody..but that was one of those...yeah...moments.

Microsoft..actually pulled an Apple with the WP7. I gave them brownie points for that. They took their creation and said. we will risk the loss of market and leave the market. in the mean time we will perfect..or create a better WP7. They did that but their loss of market......was not just a loss of market. they lost so much...soo soo much. They axed Zune that carried the WP7 like UI and their current WP7 line is dying. They have to actively pay Nokia and others millions to support it. AND it's not catching on..yet.

I like how they took the real different route and created something new, but....i'm still an Apple boy

but yeah, hope my posts brought some new..light to some lurkers on Apple  and you as well. You odn't have to like them, but accepting their acheivements would be a start :)

I didn't see much arguments in this post so i'm going to guess I was pretty neutral...ic with not too too much of an "hey im a stupid apple fan boy that doesn't know anything tone" that many have....gosh..i cringe when i seee those ..normal people pro apple posts. "yeah Apple doesn't get viruses"...what?..........

Oh and I enjoy your posts too :) Great to see you are actively reading my posts and taking this as an intelluctual discussion and not as one of those flame wars. It's hard to tell through text so many people always think i'm being confrontational..im not. I'm a passive shy person.(as you remember)

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #14 of 163

Quote:
I haven't owned an iOS device since my first gen iPod Touch which I have since sold, but going off of my experiences with that and my android phone (Xperia Play) now, I can say that I much prefer iOS. As a matter of fact, I would have gotten an iPhone 4, but I lost my previous phone and needed a new one, but I didn't have the money at the time and the Xperia Play was free. I also thought I would use it more, but I usually forget I have it. I have an emulator and about 3 games installed plus the ones that came with it and I just haven't used it as much as I thought I would. So, as a phone, it's not nearly as fluid as iOS and for a 1ghz processor and dedicated GPU, I would expect more performance, but it's often quite buggy i.e. apps crashing or appearing to do nothing for a while then suddenly start up. I also have an Android tablet (Xoom) and I got it after debating between getting it and the iPad 2. I chose it simply because it had flash support, but I wish I wouldn't have. My Xoom is much better than my phone and I find it quite competent at everything I want it to do (this must be the android vs. android thing), but it does lack some of the gorgeous apps that are available exclusively on the Apple app store and it's absolutely worthless now after being only a year old. If I had bought a 32gb WiFi iPad 2, I could probably sell it for ~$350, my Xoom, I would have a hard time selling it at all.

I also must be one of the few people who own a Mac and Android devices, and the thing I like about Apple is their hardware-software integration which does give optimized performance.
Here's an example screenshot I took a while ago of the hardware-specific updates that Apple can release:

And, as lame as it sounds, everything does indeed "just work". I remember I put an event in my phone's calender and without me even setting anything up, it showed up in iCal. I also think that Android fanboys are worse because they hate Apple just for the sake of hating apple and most won't give you a response as to why. About the only legitimate argument is that Apple stuff is overpriced, which I would have to agree with, but it's worth the premium for me to have overall better functionality and support. And, me, having OWNED and spent extensive time with both products from Windows to OSX, and Android to iOS, I feel like I'm more qualified to give an opinon (not to sound arrogant or anything) than someone who hasn't. My reason for getting the Xoom was justified since I knew I would be using it mostly for browsing (adobe flash) and I don't think it's worse than the iPad 2, just that there are some pluses and minuses that make it purely preference. Some things, however, are just inferior like my Xperia Play vs. iPhone.

As far as gaming goes (this was brought up briefly), I don't really game on my Mac other than Minecraft mostly, and I have a console for that which I prefer for most games. Some slower gameplay style games like Minecraft and RTS games like SC2 are better on a computer but, I prefer anything else on the console with a controller (yes even FPS).

<edit>
I would get a Windows phone as well if they had more apps. I've owned a Zune HD (before I lost it) and it was one of the best, original, UIs I ever dealt with. It's just too bad for the lack of apps and the less than mediocre browser.

If you read my posts the buggy ness and stuff is explained :)

when i first got my Mac i had the same thing..it just..."works"?

optomiziation in a closed community. that's what apple does :)

Apple lost the personal computer gaming platform years ago..they just came back from the grave then...but guess what. Apple is a leader in next generation gaming. Guess which devices have more mobile gamer's..support games better, is a faster platform, and earns developers more than 4X the money as opposed to Android? it's iOS.

I liked Microsoft's original approach with their UI :) very good idea..but it was not optomized well.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 163

Quote:
They're really going to push for it with Windows 8. We'll see how it turns out. I'm curious as well. 

Indeed - I'm very much interested - seeing as if i get a new PC it probably will be on win8

Quote:
I have a Sharp SH-10C now, see that I do everything else on my iPod Touch and phone is mainly for the camera and... phone. I might reconsider if smartphones getting a better camera.

I would suggest buying a camera if u really want a camera :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back