A discussion about phones and tablets
Mar 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #136 of 163
bascically :) the only Cnet articles i believe on audio are by Steve Guttenburg. he is actually an audiophile unlike the rest

endgadget has some rep among us technies yes. Gizmodo and Gawker used to have a pretty big influence. But after the Apple and new site update fiasco..they lost most of their viewership.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #137 of 163
Gizmodo is a joke. They used to be good but now they're just tabloid level trash, mostly. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #139 of 163

Quote:
i wouldn't say trash.. but they are no where NEAR the level they used to be at.

That's because all their good authors left. Have you seen Brian Lam's regret of ripping off Apple with the iPhone 4? That's when Gizmodo started going downhills...and when he quit Giz.

http://thewirecutter.com/2011/10/steve-jobs-was-always-kind-to-me-or-regrets-of-an-*******/

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #140 of 163

Quote:
That's because all their good authors left. Have you seen Brian Lam's regret of ripping off Apple with the iPhone 4? That's when Gizmodo started going downhills...and when he quit Giz.

http://thewirecutter.com/2011/10/steve-jobs-was-always-kind-to-me-or-regrets-of-an-*******/

yeah that's what i said. that was the worst mistake gizmodo ever did.... ...i felt so bad.....Steve used to be  a reader too :'(

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #141 of 163
It broke my heart when I read that post. :frowning2:

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #143 of 163
You can actually see a comment I left 5 comments down. I felt sorry for Brian but I had to say the truth.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #146 of 163

Quote:
You should read the Verge. They're the best and generally have the most intelligent commenters. 

I think that the Engadget is more dynamic and I like Dana Wollman's reviews on notebooks there. I started to feel that the Verge is not as fluid. Their journalists who write articles for them are very young people. Josh Topolsky shows up only on his Vergecasts which are fun to listen but other than that the Verge is not better than the Engadget. 

And Google Chrome struggles to open the Verge every time. It freezes for a few seconds which is annoying. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #147 of 163
I wish i worked at one of these places...:/
Tech review - video + written reviews...literally what I already do, but I have to buy all my own tech, and I get paid nothing for the review I already do.

yet people with little to no experience, unbox a HD800 and say it "doesn't fit on your ipod" type review...

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #148 of 163

Quote:
I wish i worked at one of these places...:/

There is a guy on the Verge who is based in London ( Vlad Savov). He is a Bulgarian and speaks with a weird accent. He writes pretty well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back