A discussion about phones and tablets
Mar 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #61 of 163
It's very difficult to find unbiased sources on Apple news. They're either biased favorably like TUAW or they're biased unfavorably like Engadget. I just read MacRumors since the articles themselves seem neutral enough, although I can't say the same for comments. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #62 of 163

Quote:
It's very difficult to find unbiased sources on Apple news. They're either biased favorably like TUAW or they're biased unfavorably like Engadget. I just read MacRumors since the articles themselves seem neutral enough, although I can't say the same for comments. 

mac rumours is also good. but like i said. try Appleinsider.i love how unbiased they just are..so awesome. and they provide deep news and analysis. love that site. try it out sometimes :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #63 of 163
Yup, already subscribed in my RSS. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #64 of 163

Quote:
Yup, already subscribed in my RSS. Thanks for the recommendation!

i take it you are also an apple fan but isn't hateful on android and what not like i am.

read one of their articles and what not and tell me what you think. do you agree on what i think of AI?

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #65 of 163
I'm not really a fan of any company. I just use whoever makes the best products for my uses. In that case, it happens to be Apple. I also have a Galaxy SII even though I have an iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd Gen) and MacBook Air. I have a Lumia 710 as well. So I pretty much have one phone from everything since Ijust love tech.

However since Apple has the most haters, I defend Apple the most. I defend any company that gets unjustful hate but since Apple gets the most of that, I usually defend Apple in public and some people see me as a 'fanboy', which is stupid since they're the haters.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #66 of 163

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of any company. I just use whoever makes the best products for my uses. In that case, it happens to be Apple. I also have a Galaxy SII even though I have an iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd Gen) and MacBook Air. I have a Lumia 710 as well. So I pretty much have one phone from everything since Ijust love tech.

However since Apple has the most haters, I defend Apple the most. I defend any company that gets unjustful hate but since Apple gets the most of that, I usually defend Apple in public and some people see me as a 'fanboy', which is stupid since they're the haters.

+1

My favorite companies are Apple, Samsung, ASUS  and i have recognition towards, AMD, Intel, ARM and also Bill Gates as a person.

Apple gets a lot of unjust hate really. Not from super technies like us and the fandroid techies that actually know what they are talking about like Totally Dubbed but from all the normal people

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #67 of 163
Of course. Samsung makes some pretty awesome products just like Apple, and the ASUS Zenbooks as well as the Samsung series 9 are the only ultrabooks I'd recommend aside from MacBook Air. It's saddening how many people think if you like Apple you automatically hate everything else.

Those people are so close minded...and there are so many of them!

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #68 of 163

Quote:
Of course. Samsung makes some pretty awesome products just like Apple, and the ASUS Zenbooks as well as the Samsung series 9 are the only ultrabooks I'd recommend aside from MacBook Air. It's saddening how many people think if you like Apple you automatically hate everything else.

Those people are so close minded...and there are so many of them!

yeah. Samsung makes soo many parts for Apple and beats them in screens..as that's their home turf(not in NAND flash though) and Zenbooks have better scrreens as well..only problem is those are the big pro's of those tablet's only.

.. im a mac owner and proud

im a linux user and proud

im a windows pc user and proud

im a fan of samsung and proud

I am a user of ASUS Mobo's and products and proud 

i encourage the next gen innovation of intel and amd and ARM and i am proud to be using their amazing next gen contributions

I am a user of all technology ...and proud

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #69 of 163
*slow applause*

It's so rare to encounter people like us today. It's always PC vs Mac and frankly I'm just sick of it. I like using Macs the most, but hating others? That's just ignorance.

Personally I think the Super AMOLED is too over saturated. It's good for video and anime, but when it comes to text Apple's Retina Display is better in terms of accuracy and obviously, PPI.

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #70 of 163

Quote:
*slow applause*

It's so rare to encounter people like us today. It's always PC vs Mac and frankly I'm just sick of it. I like using Macs the most, but hating others? That's just ignorance.

Personally I think the Super AMOLED is too over saturated. It's good for video and anime, but when it comes to text Apple's Retina Display is better in terms of accuracy and obviously, PPI.

+1 everything has it's plus and minuses. granted Samsung and ASUS both already have screens that have the best of all worlds but have not put them into products yet. let's just wait and see. but again..screen isn't everything, the ASUS tablet and SAMSung phone's and tablet's fall short on performance a lot...but that isn't there fault..mainly on Android not being as efficent an OS in handling processing and app technology being DVM causing that (if you read my first page posts)

im using a W7 desktop i built right now and am advocating for Apple. it shows something.. my MBP is right next to me but a friend is using it (*cough cough* jacked it...and my Shure's as well)

the retina display...is godly for manga late at night in bed. all the lines..and dark text colors.....oh boy :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #71 of 163
iPad 3 reading manga is an experience out of this World. Seriously. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #73 of 163
I hardly ever read manga on the Mac since I have an iPad, but Preview works fine with gestures too?

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #74 of 163
The only reason I justify apple hate is because too many people just accept that everything they make will be good. Of course, there are the groups that think that every new apple product is the next gift from god. I just have hopes that some of the apple haters might help put others into perspective. Of course, the reality is that fans will be fans. By sheer numbers, I think a larger portion of the population are automatically a fan of an apple product than some android product. (For clarification: I'm talking about serious fans... not just a simple personal preference)

Part of my reason for this is that I don't want to see apple added to the list of companies that are mostly a name. Apple was basically dead and then came the ipod. Then there was the macbooks, imacs and iphones. They have all been great product lines, but I feel that you have been paying more for the name and getting less of a value over time. I still think they are good products, so I haven't given up hope on Apple. That said, they've already established a pretty strong guaranteed customer base. I'm talking about the customers that will buy a rock with the Apple logo. I don't think it's impossible for Apple to turn into a company like Bose. Mediocre products that everyone assumes to be high quality. I think they're quite a ways off from being that bad, but I feel like I'm seeing a slow progression towards that.

Also, I'm a little unsure of how to feel about the lawsuits. Clearly they aren't as bad as some other companies... they aren't out screwing over every small business that uses anything remotely related to their names or products. That said, I can't help but feel that the litigation is drawing attention away from focusing on just making a better product. They might have legal grounds on some of their stuff, but a lot of it just seems silly.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #75 of 163
As I said before, Apple fanboys are annoying, but no more annoying than fanboys of other companies. You just feel that they're more annoying since there are more of them. xD Apple's products have a targeted audience. If they're not for you, that's fine. I'm not like fanboys that say "OMGOSH you have a PC, Macs are better, get a Mac!" or anything like that. Each to their own really, but Apple definitely doesn't make bad products. They're just not suitable for everyone. And they're most certainly not overpriced if you find OS X and the industrial design to be worth the cost.

Just on a side note, BOSE still has the best noise cancellation technologies out there. I have an HD800 and I know that BOSE isn't the boss when it comes to sound, but I wouldn't mind a QC15 for the plane. Again, they have their uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back