A couple questions from a newbie... Custom cables, PA2V2, Kozee X1 Executive vs. Ultimate Ears 700, etc.
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CharliyuAndCo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I have been on these forums many times and now I have a couple questions that I have not seen answered here before. I f they have been asked before, please post a link.

Questions:

1. Are making custom LODs, and IC's out of silver/copper really worth it?? Or can I just buy a Fiio L3 or L2/8.

This has been mentioned before, and people have come up with mixed answers, nothing completely straight.

2. Is the Electric Avenues PA2V2 worth getting for IEMs? Does it improve the sound quality of any of the IEMs mentioned in question 3? If I got an inline resistor adapter for those IEMs, and then used the PA2V2, would that improve the sound quality?

3. I have a pair of BROKEN Ultimate Ears 700 (UE700). I am looking for a new pair and I have considered buy these again. I also considered the Kozee Infinity X1 (Is the Executive version worth USD$50?)How do these two stack up against each other. I would expect the UE700 to be slightly better in SQ, but does that make up for the isolation and comfort of getting custom IEMs??

Also if you know of any other choices I should consider, please feel free to post them.
I want them to be very comfortable, have good, accurate sound quality, durable, and be under the price of USD$200.

Thanks everyone,
~Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back