A band in my head
Jul 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

123eddie123

New Head-Fier
Hi all.

This may be a really stupid post out of desperation as I cannot find what I am looking for and find it impossible to audition all the iem, iem/amp combinations possible. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated even though I understand it is an almost impossible ask and you may think me mad !

What does the thread title mean? I hear you ask.

Firstly let me say that I own a Cowon j3 player using flac files, never equalize, and listen to most music genres. It is easier to tell you the ones I DON'T listen to which are classical, folk and country.

I am looking for a set of iems or an iem/amp combo. ( whatever it takes to achieve the results I am after)
I have a budget of around £250 ($400) or £500-£600 ( $800-$900) for the iem/amp combo if needed.

Now the thread title....  what i'm looking for is very difficult to explain. I am looking for a system where it sounds like the band is inside your head, the bass all around, and the highs far away (but still in your head and still loud, not distant).

There, that's not too much to ask is it?  :)

If you're not still laughing please help !

Thanks 123eddie123

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like you need a DAP with some type of surround sound -- or listen only to My Morning Jacket, soaked in reverb!  

The part about the highs seems contradictory, "highs far away (but still in your head and still loud, not distant)."  Still sounds like surround sound to me.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Sounds like he needs different headphones to me. Surround DACs are rubbish. Same with dolby headphone, unless used mostly as a crossfeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back