AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #2,836 of 3,539
Joke aside now (from my side)...

I read a few pages back about the flex issue, but except for hearing a pop or click,
is there any further problem that causes issues while listening...constant pain?

I never encountered anything I considered a problem while listening, except some IEMs (tips) are more or less comfortable.
I am curious now about what that is.

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #2,837 of 3,539
Left Aure does have driver flex for me too upon insertion.

Is it slightly annoying? I guess.
Do I care once the music is playing? Nope. Not at all.

If it doesn't arise upon listening to music while moving your jaw etc, does driver flex really matter at all?

Anyway, I will soon be able to report whether Ascension has it 😁😁😁
Some view it as potentially causing damage to the DD, although I am not sure that is widely agreed upon.

Jan 24, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #2,838 of 3,539
I would be very interested in your comparison between Oriveti and Ascension. These are the 2 IEMs I'm interested in now but I can't buy both of them
I think we agree sort of on the soundstage also, I also did find it wider and projected further out. Just the overall staging I find better, but even so soundstage so very personal. And yeah DTE900 is a monster of a IEM looking at technicalities and specs, but lack a little soul. The two are so different IEMs also, both can stay in a collection and dont make the other redundant.

Now I'm listening to a review unit of the Oriveti OH700VB, that is also tuned far away from both Ascension and DTE900. So many great and different sets out there, just to find the correct for each taste.

DSCF4174.jpg
l

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #2,839 of 3,539
The wait is over.

IMG_20240124_192845.jpg

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,841 of 3,539
I would be very interested in your comparison between Oriveti and Ascension. These are the 2 IEMs I'm interested in now but I can't buy both of them

l

They are very different, Ascension more W shaped and OH700VB much more V shaped. Midrange is slightly dark on OH700VB but its not a dark IEM as treble is forward energetic and airy. I preffer Ascenion as I can listen all day and all genres without fatigue, OH700VB is very picky for treble energy is songs and can easy get to much.

Bass is also very different between the two, OH700VB can be very neutral with switch off but turn it on and play electronica and you can get something I would call a basshead amount of bass. Subwoofer like experience.

thoughts!!!?!?

btw @Leonarfd whats your go to cable pairing with the Ascension. I was likely gonna get another Gladiator cable for it but not sure which I want to go with
I have been using Silver Palladium paired with the Eletech Baroque tips, I also have liked it alot with Effect Audio Cadmus 8w.

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #2,842 of 3,539
1000011678.jpg

My pair has landed too! I, for one, prefer the calmer side of its look. And luckily it looks this way in most lighting situations.

1000011680.jpg

Fit is by far the nicest I have had with any IEM so far, better even than the very short nozzled IE600, only caveat being I need to use S tips on the left one and MS/M on right due to my assymetric ear canals. No driver flex, on stock tips at least.

Lots of tip and cable rolling ahead. And expect a review with quick comparisons with Aurora, NP, Aure 😁

1000011682.jpg

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #2,843 of 3,539
My pair has landed too! I, for one, prefer the calmer side of its look. And luckily it looks this way in most lighting situations.

Fit is by far the nicest I have had with any IEM so far, better even than the very short nozzled IE600, only caveat being I need to use S tips on the left one and MS/M on right due to my assymetric ear canals. No driver flex, on stock tips at least.

Lots of tip and cable rolling ahead. And expect a review with quick comparisons with Aurora, NP, Aure 😁

I look forward to comparisons since I seem to gel with your preferences along with leonard's.

I am actually trying to convince myself I don't need the Ascension which isn't that hard at the moment because I am loving the Neon Pro after much comparing with IE600, Solaris and my three year old Shanling ME700 which still do a lovely job to my ear. The Solaris at full retail would have cost me 2.5 times the price of the Neon Pro but I think I prefer the Neon Pro despite the lack of a DD, I certainly prefer the fit.

You mentioned fit, how does Ascension compare to Neon Pro, looks similar. The Neon Pro fits me like it was made for me but so much so that if I use a tip that is of firm silicon it will actually wedge them a bit pushing in a spot which can get uncomfortable, with more supple tips they fit well, isolate like crazy and are comfortable enough to wear all day.

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #2,844 of 3,539
I look forward to comparisons since I seem to gel with your preferences along with leonard's.

I am actually trying to convince myself I don't need the Ascension which isn't that hard at the moment because I am loving the Neon Pro after much comparing with IE600, Solaris and my three year old Shanling ME700 which still do a lovely job to my ear. The Solaris at full retail would have cost me 2.5 times the price of the Neon Pro but I think I prefer the Neon Pro despite the lack of a DD, I certainly prefer the fit.

You mentioned fit, how does Ascension compare to Neon Pro, looks similar. The Neon Pro fits me like it was made for me but so much so that if I use a tip that is of firm silicon it will actually wedge them a bit pushing in a spot which can get uncomfortable, with more supple tips they fit well, isolate like crazy and are comfortable enough to wear all day.
don't buy anything mid-priced imo. Wait for the nearest expo with a lot of hi-end stuff and try to get there and listen. And then get a TOTL for yourself. And then forget the password for this forum for at least 3 years.

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #2,845 of 3,539
These are less custom-like, but their shorter nozzle makes insertion an absolute breeze, whereas I find it easier to insert the NP by assisting with the other hand and pulling my ear downwards. As a result Ascension isolates slightly worse than NP. But I can wear these for longer. I actually find all 4 AüRs extremely comfortable.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #2,846 of 3,539
don't buy anything mid-priced imo. Wait for the nearest expo with a lot of hi-end stuff and try to get there and listen. And then get a TOTL for yourself. And then forget the password for this forum for at least 3 years.

That would be excellent advice in theory however there are a couple of buts ...... :relaxed:

Unfortunately we don't have any shows etc in my part of the world so trying anything is not an option let alone a selection of TOTL IEM and any purchase would be blind and based on comments form places such as right here.

I sort of thought I did buy a TOTL in the Solaris Mercury being a limited edition (1 of 78) version of the 2020, it certainly was until recently, and while they are nice they are no better than the Neon Pro to my ear, different, maybe equally good but that would be down to preference. The result being that I have no desire to spend 3 - 6 times the price of the Neon Pro chasing something "better" because I believe that better is entirely subjective and personal preference/opinion. I am happy with the Neon Pro, IE600 etc sort of price range where I think excellent bang for buck is to be had.

I actually gave a friend my Letshuoer S12 and missed them so I ordered a set of S12 Pro at 20% the price of the Neon Pro and about 15% what I paid for the Solaris at half price discount, I frankly enjoyed the S12 more or less as much as anything else I have regardless of price.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #2,848 of 3,539
That would be excellent advice in theory however there are a couple of buts ...... :relaxed:

Unfortunately we don't have any shows etc in my part of the world so trying anything is not an option let alone a selection of TOTL IEM and any purchase would be blind and based on comments form places such as right here.

I sort of thought I did buy a TOTL in the Solaris Mercury being a limited edition (1 of 78) version of the 2020, it certainly was until recently, and while they are nice they are no better than the Neon Pro to my ear, different, maybe equally good but that would be down to preference. The result being that I have no desire to spend 3 - 6 times the price of the Neon Pro chasing something "better" because I believe that better is entirely subjective and personal preference/opinion. I am happy with the Neon Pro, IE600 etc sort of price range where I think excellent bang for buck is to be had.

I actually gave a friend my Letshuoer S12 and missed them so I ordered a set of S12 Pro at 20% the price of the Neon Pro and about 15% what I paid for the Solaris at half price discount, I frankly enjoyed the S12 more or less as much as anything else I have regardless of price.
TOTL is a funny term. Does TOTL have to equal most expensive? Can TOTL mean TOTL of an individual not of the company? What is TOTL sound?

Neon Pro is a masterclass that would cost multikilobucks had it come from an established company.

Ascension is here and has entered my canals. My jaw is on the floor with stock cable and stock tips. More impressions to follow and keep in mind this is my first IEM over $400 and OOTB I’m floored.
Welcome to AüR. High-end sound for mid prices. Which was your previous personal 'best'?

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #2,849 of 3,539
Welcome to AüR. High-end sound for mid prices. Which was your previous personal 'best'?
My too highest priced sets were Okavango and Quattro. Okavango I sold a few months later and Quattro I sold two days after I got them. Wasn’t for me. My edc has been the Soundrhyme SR5 for awhile now and it is similarly W shaped just not quite as refined and lacks a little bass compared to Ascension but still holds up amazingly well for $150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back