AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #2,866 of 3,598
WOW. That is one blingalicious cable. The edge of the pins is red and blue. Why can't they all do that?

Lunar New Year preparations are in full swing in this part of the planet. Everyone is out to wine and dine clients, wrap up outstanding work, and spring cleaning. Add making my IEM to the list. Poor guys.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #2,867 of 3,598
Thank you for the comparison. One last question: I was told that Oriveti has a very strong bass in quantity. Some here says that Ascension does not have enough bass. Do you confirm? I am not a bass head but I like when there is a good amount of bass in my music. I am not a fun of neutral IEMs because they are boring
Ascension has A LOT of bass. Way north of neutral. Get a good seal and proper tips (currently W1 on mine) and bass is huge sounding and thumping. Do not get it mistaken, it is also well controlled and textured.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #2,868 of 3,598
Collected my Ascension personally from Nic yesterday’s noon.

It opened up with just a few hours of run-in, and has been pounding my ears in a very addictive manner. Synergised well with my 2Max and resonates superbly with my audio chain delivering quality SQ across the audio spectrum. Feel like I am ascending to summit fi without damaging my wallet.
IMG_3296.jpeg

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #2,870 of 3,598
Thank you for the comparison. One last question: I was told that Oriveti has a very strong bass in quantity. Some here says that Ascension does not have enough bass. Do you confirm? I am not a bass head but I like when there is a good amount of bass in my music. I am not a fun of neutral IEMs because they are boring
Ascension has clearly a warm sound with elevated bass, the OH700VB is different sounding in the bass but also warm and elevated. Both have great bass quality, the biggest change might be that Ascension has a smooth transition into the mids, the OH700VB has more of a separated bass. Glide VS Tuck style, so weird thing some tracks are more bassy on Ascension and others on OH700VB.

Ascension is clear and rich sounding, the OH700VB is more lean/dark in the midrange. Both have great treble extension, but much more bright the OH700VB(borderline what i tolerate)

But none of them will feel lean or boring.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #2,871 of 3,598
Collected my Ascension personally from Nic yesterday’s noon.

It opened up with just a few hours of run-in, and has been pounding my ears in a very addictive manner. Synergised well with my 2Max and resonates superbly with my audio chain delivering quality SQ across the audio spectrum. Feel like I am ascending to summit fi without damaging my wallet.
IMG_3296.jpeg
May I ask what tips those are? They look like foam tips but I've never seen them before

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #2,872 of 3,598
Would like to hear Bonneville myself but I am skeptical too, especially since some guys liking it also like the Singularity which is not up my alley.....
The Bonneville has got a whole lot of bass and it's bloated, bleeding into the mids. The highs are very peaky and distant from everything else. Which makes the whole thing sound incoherent. No finesse one would expect in such a price range. It's like being forced to drink cheap whisky in a back street Bangkok bar. Expensive and no fun.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #2,873 of 3,598
The Bonneville has got a whole lot of bass and it's bloated, bleeding into the mids. The highs are very peaky and distant from everything else. Which makes the whole thing sound incoherent. No finesse one would expect in such a price range. It's like being forced to drink cheap whisky in a back street Bangkok bar. Expensive and no fun.

I mean, that sounds pretty fun to me! Everything is relative lol

nikbr said:
Ascension has A LOT of bass. Way north of neutral. Get a good seal and proper tips (currently W1 on mine) and bass is huge sounding and thumping. Do not get it mistaken, it is also well controlled and textured.

This is just a loose impression of mine, but let's say Nio with the m20 module is a 10/10 for overall bass quantity and a 5/10 is average or neutral. Ascension is probably like a 7.5/10. Maybe bassheads won't love it but it's still plenty for most everyone else, and the quality is top notch. You know when you can barely hear that low low bass, but can still feel it turning and shifting on a dime with the music, because of all the air being moved? Ascension has that.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #2,874 of 3,598
I've been trying out comply tips with the Ascension and they fix main main issue with the treble ontheAscensions. There is a bit too muxh "air" to the point where vocals sound ever so slightly frayed. Like the notes have static electricity. Honestly I notice this on pretty much every IEM with ESTs I have heard minus the Storms, Loki's and Prestige LTD.

The comply foams mellow the upper treble to the point of removing this for me and an added bonus is a midbass bump.

Maybe bassheads won't love it but it's still plenty for most everyone else, and the quality is top notch.
+100 to this. The quality on the bass is really damn good. It's surprisingly tight and responsive but still has body and impact. When I want basshead I hit the XBass button and this thing wrecks the maestro mini for me. Sub probably doesn't reach as deep but pressure wise it's nauseating. With XBass on mid bass hits like crazy without bleeding into the mids.

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #2,875 of 3,598
I've been trying out comply tips with the Ascension and they fix main main issue with the treble ontheAscensions. There is a bit too muxh "air" to the point where vocals sound ever so slightly frayed. Like the notes have static electricity. Honestly I notice this on pretty much every IEM with ESTs I have heard minus the Storms, Loki's and Prestige LTD.
How would you compare the Ascension to the Prestige LTD overall? They are both kind of niche and not many have heard both.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #2,876 of 3,598
How would you compare the Ascension to the Prestige LTD overall? They are both kind of niche and not many have heard both.
Tough to say as it's been a while since I heard the pLTD but I would say pLTD is more neutral, bass focused in the the sub but overall less quantity than ascension. Mids are similar to ascension but ascension has a sense of boosted upper treble compared to the LTD which is well extended and inline with the upper mids if that makes sense

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #2,877 of 3,598

The comply foams mellow the upper treble to the point of removing this for me and an added bonus is a midbass bump.
Hm, I find something similar on certain songs, which tips precisely would those be? I'm seeing Comply as a company and Dunu Comply. I'd like to try them. Size wise should I stay the same as with silicone tips, or go up/down?

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #2,879 of 3,598
Hm, I find something similar on certain songs, which tips precisely would those be? I'm seeing Comply as a company and Dunu Comply. I'd like to try them. Size wise should I stay the same as with silicone tips, or go up/down?
The ones I am using are the new Comply TRZ 500 (round 2.0 ones) in size S with Tech Defender https://www.complyfoam.com/products/500-series-ear-tips?variant=44604082651323.

Comply foam tips are expensive but having tried different foams such as the generic T and TS ones Ali express as well as the ones from Letshouer and TinHifi I much prefer the material Comply uses. I will say I ordered from Amazon and the size I got looked more like a M than a S compared to Silicone tips but fit hasn't been an issue so far. Next time I'll order direct from Comply though and I'll probably try out those T-600s @yiokuan is using

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #2,880 of 3,598
The ones I am using are the new Comply TRZ 500 (round 2.0 ones) in size S with Tech Defender https://www.complyfoam.com/products/500-series-ear-tips?variant=44604082651323.

Comply foam tips are expensive but having tried different foams such as the generic T and TS ones Ali express as well as the ones from Letshouer and TinHifi I much prefer the material Comply uses. I will say I ordered from Amazon and the size I got looked more like a M than a S compared to Silicone tips but fit hasn't been an issue so far. Next time I'll order direct from Comply though and I'll probably try out those T-600s @yiokuan is using
Comply cone shape T-600 widest bore with white is my default tips for most of my universal IEMs. T-600, to my ears and gears deliver better balance across the frequency range whilst still retaining the vinyl flavour.

IMG_3297.jpeg
Thanks, ordering T500 and T600 during next AE discount. You haven't tried Dunu Comply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back