AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #2,897 of 3,714
Here, we see a pair of baby Ascensions cuddled in their beautiful copper and silver nest. The pair are about to sing for the very first time.
IMG_5592.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #2,898 of 3,714
Here, we see a pair of baby Ascensions cuddled in their beautiful copper and silver nest. The pair are about to sing for the very first time. IMG_5592.jpeg
Love the storytelling! Now let Ascension do some singing for you. Trust me, you'll be impressed.

Then, let these babies burn in for 50h+ and experience the bass getting even more lush and comforting.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #2,899 of 3,714
I am at a loss for words. Here is a picture to describe my current experience. How much is Aur charging for the Ascension again?
gettyimages-72515103_1.png

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #2,900 of 3,714
Love the storytelling! Now let Ascension do some singing for you. Trust me, you'll be impressed.

Then, let these babies burn in for 50h+ and experience the bass getting even more lush and comforting.
It's very strange to me. First 30 seconds. It sounded like there was something wrong with the monitors. You can hear the sound changing with every song. I can now hear fingers sliding on the guitar strings 4 songs in. This is a new experience for me.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #2,901 of 3,714
Okay. It's 1 am and the wife is growling. Sadly I am returning the little birdies to their nest. I am posting too much as well. Time to go to sleep.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #2,902 of 3,714
Okay. It's 1 am and the wife is growling. Sadly I am returning the little birdies to their nest. I am posting too much as well. Time to go to sleep.
Hey Man, I absolutely can't share your excitement for the IEMs; that's only your thing...

But I am cheered by your profile picture and your nickname!! DingDongMaster...hahaha, amazing and a teddy bear... love it!

tumblr_nn0kj8ft1T1usbi06o1_500.gif

Enjoy the music!

Cheers!

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #2,903 of 3,714
Despite trying to talk myself out of the Ascension I am likely to order a set soon.

My final concern is fit since I have a couple of sets that I have struggled with recently. Those were both somewhat shallow fit and I needed to resort to the XL size Penon Liqueur tips to get a seal and firm hold in the wider outer part of my ear canal. For reference IE600 was one of those sets and for reference the XL Liqueurs work wonderfully.

The Neon Pro is an absolute perfect fit for me in term of size and insertion depth meaning I can get a good seal and firm hold with all manner of tips and I am not choosing for only functional reasons.

Looking at pictures of the Ascension they look very similar to the Neon Pro, is that he case. That is, is the insertion depth essentially the same as the Neon Pro and significantly deeper than the IE600 for those that have them as well ?

I read about the wider nozzle, pretty certain that won't be a problem as I use large size tips anyway even with the deeper insertion of the Neon Pro.

While I am asking questions of Ascension owners, how sensitive are they compared to the Neon Pro, do they need about the same volume setting, are they sensitive to hiss on conventional gear ?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #2,904 of 3,714
While I am asking questions of Ascension owners, how sensitive are they compared to the Neon Pro, do they need about the same volume setting, are they sensitive to hiss on conventional gear ?
You need more volume than Neon Pro, not sensitive the same way. more like 30% vs 58% volume on my DAP.

About depth, I guess its fairly similar as NP. Maybe slightly less.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #2,906 of 3,714
Gosh that is a big difference in sensitivity which would be very nice if they are a bit less susceptible to hiss.
I dont get any hiss out of both BAL and SE from the Gryphon. I mainly use SE on my sets cause of this reason though. As for fit, since you usually use a large tip fit should be as good as NP imo. This are deep inserting, unlike the IE600 for instance. That is why fit can be tricky. If you normally use MS or S tips you might have trouble with the wide nozzle not allowing it to sit all the way in your ear

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #2,907 of 3,714
I dont get any hiss out of both BAL and SE from the Gryphon. I mainly use SE on my sets cause of this reason though. As for fit, since you usually use a large tip fit should be as good as NP imo. This are deep inserting, unlike the IE600 for instance. That is why fit can be tricky. If you normally use MS or S tips you might have trouble with the wide nozzle not allowing it to sit all the way in your ear

Thank you, The Gryphon is a good reference because I have one and know it can be hissy, the Neon Pro certainly picks up a bit of hiss on it.

Sounds like I am likely to be pleased with the fit. That hasn't been something that I have thought a lot about in the past and I got lucky with several sets but after battling with a couple of sets recently due to shallow insertion depths I am really appreciating IEM that fit me well without fuss and the Neon Pro is certainly an excellent fit for me.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #2,909 of 3,714
Despite trying to talk myself out of the Ascension I am likely to order a set soon.

My final concern is fit since I have a couple of sets that I have struggled with recently. Those were both somewhat shallow fit and I needed to resort to the XL size Penon Liqueur tips to get a seal and firm hold in the wider outer part of my ear canal. For reference IE600 was one of those sets and for reference the XL Liqueurs work wonderfully.

The Neon Pro is an absolute perfect fit for me in term of size and insertion depth meaning I can get a good seal and firm hold with all manner of tips and I am not choosing for only functional reasons.

Looking at pictures of the Ascension they look very similar to the Neon Pro, is that he case. That is, is the insertion depth essentially the same as the Neon Pro and significantly deeper than the IE600 for those that have them as well ?

I read about the wider nozzle, pretty certain that won't be a problem as I use large size tips anyway even with the deeper insertion of the Neon Pro.

Many thanks
Ascension has a bit shorter nozzle than NP, but it's thicker, so I am willing to bet you shouldn't have any issues with its fit.

It needs/loves plenty of power and it is by far the hardest to drive out of all AüRs. No hiss on any of the sources I've tried.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #2,910 of 3,714
Ascension has a bit shorter nozzle than NP, but it's thicker, so I am willing to bet you shouldn't have any issues with its fit.

It needs/loves plenty of power and it is by far the hardest to drive out of all AüRs. No hiss on any of the sources I've tried.

Thanks for the additional feedback Nik, much appreciated.

I am going to listen with my Campfire Solaris and the Neon Pro today while I work and decide if there is space for another complimentary set in my small collection.

I will have a look back over your comparison and Leonard's review to assess where the Ascension would sit for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back