AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Jan 21, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #2,806 of 3,622
I bet many will find the nozzle to large also, I am very lucky with Dumbo earholes. I understand they might need to make it large for tubing, just sucks for those with smaller ears. For me its one of the sets I can use for the longest time without discomfort, while its opposite the new Oriveti OH700VB where the shell don't have as comfy groves making pain after 30min or before. So very personal always.

Actually, even though the nozzle is slightly bigger and it's angled, Ascension proves to be more comfortable to my small-ish ears than Aurora.
Just like you, with the right tips (SpinFit CP155, surprisingly, works the best) I can wear it for hours and don't feel a thing.

I'm a M/S guy, too.
M for the right ear and MS or S for the left.

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #2,807 of 3,622
And to stir your imagination.. Here it is, my copy coupled with Arc CTU-01 cable and SpinFit CP155.

_1010685-1s.jpg

Jan 21, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #2,808 of 3,622
And to stir your imagination.. Here it is, my copy coupled with Arc CTU-01 cable and SpinFit CP155.

_1010685-1s.jpg
Yep I usually use a MS or S so finding tips for the Ascension was difficult but the best I found were the Tri Clarion S and 155 S. Both have wide stems so the stem wouldn't stretch when putting it on the nozzle. I found with other small tips the stem would stretch so much that the stem would end up hitting the caps, making the tips no longer seal.

I'm still personally having an issue with driver flex on my right one with any silicone tip which is incredibly annoying and for me unacceptable for a $700+ IEM. Even though, SQ wise, they are my favorite set that i own in still not 100% on keeping them

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #2,810 of 3,622
Yep I usually use a MS or S so finding tips for the Ascension was difficult but the best I found were the Tri Clarion S and 155 S. Both have wide stems so the stem wouldn't stretch when putting it on the nozzle. I found with other small tips the stem would stretch so much that the stem would end up hitting the caps, making the tips no longer seal.

I'm still personally having an issue with driver flex on my right one with any silicone tip which is incredibly annoying and for me unacceptable for a $700+ IEM. Even though, SQ wise, they are my favorite set that i own in still not 100% on keeping them
Driver flex when you insert or are you hearing it once it’s in and listening?

Most of my iem’s with DDs have driver flex when inserting or pressing against the faceplate (once in). I don’t see it as an issue, my MMK3 has it and my oh700vb.
Even with some venting it’s not unusual for it to happen imo. Happens with even more expensive iem’s too.

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #2,811 of 3,622
Driver flex when you insert or are you hearing it once it’s in and listening?

Most of my iem’s with DDs have driver flex when inserting or pressing against the faceplate (once in). I don’t see it as an issue, my MMK3 has it and my oh700vb.
Even with some venting it’s not unusual for it to happen imo. Happens with even more expensive iem’s too.
Its kind of weird and hard to describe. The left side will sometimes get it on inserting if I get a really really tight seal and it sounds like that push button on the top of cans to test if they have been opened. This doesnt bother me at all.

The right is more crinkly and on insert I have to push it in and then pull it out slightly to have it "pop" If it does that it usually doesn't flex when I move my head of jaw but its not guaranteed that I can get it to do the "pop" in which case it will flex when I chew or move my head. On top of that sometimes I can insert it and it wont flex on insert or when moving my head. These are all with the same tips so it can be very frustrating.

With foams all of it goes away but I much prefer the SQ with my silicon tips. The foams actually accentuate the treble too much and give me a bit of vocal fraying

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #2,812 of 3,622
Its kind of weird and hard to describe. The left side will sometimes get it on inserting if I get a really really tight seal and it sounds like that push button on the top of cans to test if they have been opened. This doesnt bother me at all.

The right is more crinkly and on insert I have to push it in and then pull it out slightly to have it "pop" If it does that it usually doesn't flex when I move my head of jaw but its not guaranteed that I can get it to do the "pop" in which case it will flex when I chew or move my head. On top of that sometimes I can insert it and it wont flex on insert or when moving my head. These are all with the same tips so it can be very frustrating.

With foams all of it goes away but I much prefer the SQ with my silicon tips. The foams actually accentuate the treble too much and give me a bit of vocal fraying
Oh, that sucks if you’re getting it whilst moving your jaw once they’re in and set.

Have you tried tip rolling with other silicon tips?

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #2,814 of 3,622
Oh, that sucks if you’re getting it whilst moving your jaw once they’re in and set.

Have you tried tip rolling with other silicon tips?
yeah i have gone through every set of silicone I own so tri clarions, spinfit W1, 155, Azla vivids, Final Audio type E (tws and regular) and KBear 07/08, Dunu S&S just to name a few.

Its usually fine when I put them in when my ears are dry but as I wear IEMs for a while my ear starts to get sweaty and then it starts to cause the seal to break and reform, causing the flex. This is just a theory as I noticed it happens more when my ears aren't dry

Jan 21, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #2,816 of 3,622
yeah i have gone through every set of silicone I own so tri clarions, spinfit W1, 155, Azla vivids, Final Audio type E (tws and regular) and KBear 07/08, Dunu S&S just to name a few.

Its usually fine when I put them in when my ears are dry but as I wear IEMs for a while my ear starts to get sweaty and then it starts to cause the seal to break and reform, causing the flex. This is just a theory as I noticed it happens more when my ears aren't dry
I have the same problem with my left ear when I'm using EE EVO. :slight_frown::slight_frown:

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #2,817 of 3,622
I haven't tried a dynamic/hybrid iem that did not have driver flex. This is normal.
I heard exactly one set with driver flex in all my (short) years testing IEMs.

This is not normal for IEMs.

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #2,818 of 3,622
I heard exactly one set with driver flex in all my (short) years testing IEMs.

This is not normal for IEMs.
Your lucky my friend 😄
But what's interesting it has more often happened on me with more expensive stuff, while almost every cheap set has been good. Not saying it should be normal, but interesting.

The ones I remember now:
AüR Aure
HISENIOR Okavango
Sony Z1R
Beyerdynamic Xelento
VE Grand Duke
64audio u4s
Thieaudio Monarch MK2
Simgot ea500
Penon Volt
ISN H40
EE Legend X

I have found out that tips can help alot to reduce it or remove it, but I really don't mind if it happens only on insert. The righter the seal of the tip the worse it gets.

But if it's a big problem I would just ask AüR about it. Worst is having to use a product that's uncomfortable or annoy you because of a problem.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #2,819 of 3,622
Your lucky my friend 😄
But what's interesting it has more often happened on me with more expensive stuff, while almost every cheap set has been good. Not saying it should be normal, but interesting.

The ones I remember now:
AüR Aure
HISENIOR Okavango
Sony Z1R
Beyerdynamic Xelento
VE Grand Duke
CS Andromeda
64audio u4s
Thieaudio Monarch MK2
Simgot ea500
Penon Volt
ISN H40
EE Legend X

I have found out that tips can help alot to reduce it or remove it, but I really don't mind if it happens only on insert. The righter the seal of the tip the worse it gets.

But if it's a big problem I would just ask AüR about it. Worst is having to use a product that's uncomfortable or annoy you because of a problem.
How do you have driver flex with the Andro which has no DD :dt880smile: And wide open IEM like U4s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back