AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 21, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #1,082 of 3,794
For anyone questioning whether our friends at Aür Audio tune IEM's that suit classical, oh my I was astonished by the synergy with this recording. Playback chain: HiBy RS6 --> Aür Aure. Lush and romantic emotions conveyed with ease, dynamic range extremes handled with aplomb, and when the high intensity passages kick in Aure transports you to the venue on a clean but powerful running jet of adrenaline. Recommended:

Cover Art (MusiqueClassique).jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,083 of 3,794
More impressions from Nicholas trip to Vietnam, where some fellow audiophiles got to try AüR and the new Aurora. Must admit I am quite psyched on getting the Aurora. Taken from AüR Facebook page.
Screenshot_20230521-194521.png

FB_IMG_1684691136647.jpg

May 21, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #1,084 of 3,794
received_948423042874495.jpeg
From AüR FB group page.
FB_IMG_1684526404448.jpg
Hi im the facebook owner and the first to try the Aurora, to clear some of your curiosity i shall address the Aurora based on my memory compared to my Aure:
- The Aurora will have significant less bass compared to the Aure
- You will trade off the bass for the holographic experience, Aurora have more depth and soundstage compared to Aure, overall will fit wider range of audience than Aure
- Mid will be set back abit but not too much, Its still the signature mid of Aur Audio. However this time its will be more balanced, compare to the Aure, the Aure favored male vocal over female (quite obvious tbh). Vocal its great on both side, i almost broke into tears listen to it (weaksauce moment here)
- Treble is the same if not better in some cases, this part i cannot pin point exactly as the demo time is limited but so far i noticed none major differences

May 22, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #1,086 of 3,794
It's always good to see that the feedback on a new product is favourable, but somehow I get the impression that the Aurora is a side grade and not upgrade.
You did not mention anything about the treble extension.
That the mid performance is going to be good , is already a given point.... AüR Audio knows how to tune mds well, there are 4Ba doing that job, less bass will open up even more vocals.
But treble is something I would like to know more about.

May 22, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #1,087 of 3,794
Agree with you a little , looks like it will be more of a side grade than a upgrade from Aure. Depending on tuning preference. But the bass will probably be an upgrade in technicalities with being custom and double. Maybe same for mids perhaps.

First impressions make me believe this will be set that is very good with typical J-pop where to much bass can interfere, also where I personally prefer treble not being to forward. But this is not my main music genre to listen to, but will soon find out how the Aurora performs.

Also in the 2 drivers for treble, should be okay. Dunu manages treble nicely with only 2 for the BA. 🙂

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #1,088 of 3,794
It's always good to see that the feedback on a new product is favourable, but somehow I get the impression that the Aurora is a side grade and not upgrade.
You did not mention anything about the treble extension.
That the mid performance is going to be good , is already a given point.... AüR Audio knows how to tune mds well, there are 4Ba doing that job, less bass will open up even more vocals.
But treble is something I would like to know more about.
I could be wrong here, but I don't think the intention was to "upgrade" the Aure, I think it was supposed to be its successor... :)

I am pretty intrigued by this set as well. I think I am interested more in these, and the NP... Not too sure about the Alita for my preferences, though they still have my attention... :wink: I think that the first "new" aquisition from Aur Audio would likely be the NP... I am a big fan of an all BA set, and I have not heard any since the Audiosense T800 (which I still have and love very much).

May 22, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,089 of 3,794
Nicholas posted the price for the Aurora on FB - 750 SGD = ~515 Euros...

May 22, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,090 of 3,794
I could be wrong here, but I don't think the intention was to "upgrade" the Aure, I think it was supposed to be its successor... :)

I am pretty intrigued by this set as well. I think I am interested more in these, and the NP... Not too sure about the Alita for my preferences, though they still have my attention... :wink: I think that the first "new" aquisition from Aur Audio would likely be the NP... I am a big fan of an all BA set, and I have not heard any since the Audiosense T800 (which I still have and love very much).
The Neon Pro is a near perfect all BA allrounder IEM imo. The only thing I could imagine to be bettered - or at least I personally would like to hear - is a NP with EST drivers for the treble instead of BA's (or top tier BA's like I assume in the Alita) and maybe a bone conduction driver.... Tuning wise it could remain the same for me.

May 23, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #1,091 of 3,794
The Neon Pro is a near perfect all BA allrounder IEM imo. The only thing I could imagine to be bettered - or at least I personally would like to hear - is a NP with EST drivers for the treble instead of BA's (or top tier BA's like I assume in the Alita) and maybe a bone conduction driver.... Tuning wise it could remain the same for me.
I would choose a DD driver for bass instead EST drivers for treble. Well, we can keep the EST drivers too :slight_smile:...

But they are going to release a new IEM with that configuration in the future :smile:. Maybe we are lucky and they do it with a signature very similar to the Neon Pro :fingers_crossed:

May 23, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #1,092 of 3,794
I am just looking forward to my Neon Pro.

I had the opportunity to upgrade my order to a set of Alita that came available and I happened to see that announced on the FB page one minute after it was posted but I changed my mind.

After reading several comments from guys that have listened to the whole Aur series and how well the neon Pro was regarded I am glad I saved the extra money.

May 23, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,093 of 3,794

I had the opportunity to upgrade my order to a set of Alita that came available and I happened to see that announced on the FB page one minute after it was posted but I changed my mind.

After reading several comments from guys that have listened to the whole Aur series and how well the neon Pro was regarded I am glad I saved the extra money.

They are both equally special in my view. The NP is a better all-rounder though.

May 23, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,094 of 3,794

NP is better all around for more genres of music.

Alita is more resolving and detailed; better for Ochestra, OSTs, and slower genres of music plus its less fatiguing at higher volumes since NP has more energy in the treble region.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Acts
Back