$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 13, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #5,851 of 6,549
Jan 15, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #5,855 of 6,549
you can switch between those firmwares as often as you want. Do it! :wink:

Uhm, what is the procedure in order to override the fact I already have the latest firmware + Purist mod, so if I want to revert to latest original firmware only, DAP sees it has same version and therefore does not allow me to load it? :frowning2:

Is there a different routine in order to avoid that check? tnx

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #5,856 of 6,549
Uhm, what is the procedure in order to override the fact I already have the latest firmware + Purist mod, so if I want to revert to latest original firmware only, DAP sees it has same version and therefore does not allow me to load it? :frowning2:

1.Preparation

l Calyx M, charged enough

l Calyx M firmware downloaded

l A SD-Card, formatted in FAT32

l Copy Calyx M firmware into the root directory of the above SD-Card.

2. Update

l Turn off your Calyx M

l Remove MicroSD card if any, and insult the SD card in 1

l Boot M by pressing the power button while holding REW (<<) key

l The display will be still after the logos of Calyx M and f-clef showing up.

l Press and release REW(<<) key while pressing power button

l Now you are in the update mode and you see blue small prints. (in this mode the display is upside down.)

3. Installing the update file.

l Move the blue bar by using REW(<<) key and FF(>>) key then press PLAY( >) key they the selected menu (by the blue bar) is being done.

l Select “ apply update from SD card” and press the play(>) key

l Select Calyx M firmware then press the play(>) key then the update is being progressed.

l You see yellow prints while the update being progressed.

I If not done automatically, press "reboot system now"

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #5,857 of 6,549

Just remember you will not be able to revert back once done unless you have the Purist rom firmware
I personally think the sound is better with purist rom installed - the last posts instructions should work I have reinstated original to compare in past

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #5,858 of 6,549
Just remember you will not be able to revert back once done unless you have the Purist rom firmware
I personally think the sound is better with purist rom installed - the last posts instructions should work I have reinstated original to compare in past

Tnx, you mean this one, correct?

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #5,860 of 6,549
Little formatting tip: There is no reason prep the cards with anything other than FAT32. It wont know the recent "XFAT" and NTFS is a bit advanced too. Since the player sadly can't play ISO files (probably my main issue with it), there will be no file even approaching the 4GB size of FAT32--so that will run the best.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #5,861 of 6,549
I mean advanced purist rom paid version - depends which you have

I have the free one at the moment: btw had an error during the check of the firmware, hope I don't have to format the device...

Btw, the paid version sound better than stock (I hope, as one needs to pay it :)), but we are not that sure about the free version.. correct?

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #5,862 of 6,549
we are now 3 people locally , who bought the calyx from jaben and all decided to give up our flagship daps we own in favor of calyx

I for one can absolutely confirm that calyx is better than the following as I own / owned the ones below

1- AK SP2000
2- AK SP 1000 M
3- Ibasso dx220
4- Cayin N6ii
5- AK SE100
6- Chord mojo

If you are wondering if you should buy any of those, then do yourself a favor and spare your money and just buy Calyx M, if you need streaming and can not deal without streaming then go for AK SP2000 that is the only one I rec after calyx m

Again its a total shame Calyx is no more in the dap game, what a shame that they are gone now as they nailed it with their first dap. For the sound calyx gives if they come up with a better ui and streaming and maintain the sound I would easily pay 3k usd for it

After calyx this is how I can evaluate pricing of the daps or dac/ amps should be

1- AK Sp2000--- 300 usd------ 3500 usd retail price is the biggest joke ever
2- AK SP10000 M --- 150 USD
3- chord mojo 160 usd
4- Cayin N6ii-- 100 USD
5- AK SE100-- 80 usd
6- ibasso dx 220 --- 100 usd

that is how they should be priced as calyx now can be bought for 450 usd, those daps or dac/amps above are just milking us and not worth at all the money asked for.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #5,863 of 6,549
we are now 3 people locally , who bought the calyx from jaben and all decided to give up our flagship daps we own in favor of calyx

I for one can absolutely confirm that calyx is better than the following as I own / owned the ones below

1- AK SP2000
2- AK SP 1000 M
3- Ibasso dx220
4- Cayin N6ii
5- AK SE100
6- Chord mojo

If you are wondering if you should buy any of those, then do yourself a favor and spare your money and just buy Calyx M, if you need streaming and can not deal without streaming then go for AK SP2000 that is the only one I rec after calyx m

Again its a total shame Calyx is no more in the dap game, what a shame that they are gone now as they nailed it with their first dap. For the sound calyx gives if they come up with a better ui and streaming and maintain the sound I would easily pay 3k usd for it

After calyx this is how I can evaluate pricing of the daps or dac/ amps should be

1- AK Sp2000--- 300 usd------ 3500 usd retail price is the biggest joke ever
2- AK SP10000 M --- 150 USD
3- chord mojo 100 usd
4- Cayin N6ii-- 100 USD
5- AK SE100-- 80 usd
6- ibasso dx 220 --- 100 usd

that is how they should be priced as calyx now can be bought for 450 usd, those daps or dac/amps above are just milking us and not worth at all the money asked for.
The DX100 the first android dap has a similar sound and similar battery life as the CM.

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #5,864 of 6,549
The DX100 the first android dap has a similar sound and similar battery life as the CM.
that is really interesting to know, man I think then old flagships are ahead of what we get now

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #5,865 of 6,549
that is really interesting to know, man I think then old flagships are ahead of what we get now
Only issue battery . Japan modded the dx100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back