$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #1,396 of 6,549
^^ Interesting comparison but - aside from my excitement about the potential of M:use - what really matters is how they sound. I only have half of that comparison so far. The X5 sounds very good but I have high hopes that the M will take it to the next level.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,398 of 6,549
+1, can't wait for international release as well as the pre order discount: come on Calyx, don't rip off audiophiles that are not in South Korea. We also deserve 650 USD
happy_face1.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #1,400 of 6,549
  +1, can't wait for international release as well as the pre order discount: come on Calyx, don't rip off audiophiles that are not in South Korea. We also deserve 650 USD
happy_face1.gif

yes, seems the only way to get M would be to ask for Korean citizenship???
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #1,403 of 6,549
I'm in no hurry to buy a DAP that stupidly and unnecessarily puts my hearing at risk, and whose control buttons are difficult to reliably identify by touch, in my pocket.

Maybe that makes me strange, but I don't think so

If this is really that stupid, wonder why you are still interested in this DAP after contributing several hundreds respond in this thread.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,404 of 6,549

a better reason ... You are in head-fi for Pete's sake. You will never be satisfied with only one.

Why funny you may ask.

Haha, I think I will wait and see what they will do with the international promotion... If its the same as the Korean with just some added shipping costs, I will order the Calyx as well!
Then, I might just get both and try them to see which one I'd prefer.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,406 of 6,549
If this is really that stupid, wonder why you are still interested in this DAP after contributing several hundreds respond in this thread.

Because I still hold out some hope that 'certain people' who read this thread will take heed and see some sense. The recent changes are a backwards step.

It's an extremely easy thing to improve the current buttons, and would not delay the DAP release. They're just pieces of plastic that can be moulded in a different form very rapidly.

So please pass that along to the team
ph34r.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,407 of 6,549

Because I still hold out some hope that 'certain people' who read this thread will take heed and see some sense. The recent changes are a backwards step.

It's an extremely easy thing to improve the current buttons, and would not delay the DAP release. They're just pieces of plastic that can be moulded in a different form very rapidly.

So please pass that along to the team
ph34r.gif

Neither here nor there in relation to your crusade, but I do not assume that the buttons will be plastic; metal seems at least as likely.

I am staying away from your button fight because, while I suspect there may be some confusion of personal preference with universal laws of egonomics, I really do not mind if you win.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #1,409 of 6,549
I may be mistaken, for which I hope not, but the buttons do seem to stick out from the body as much as the power button and volume slider. I just think those two renderings are from a bad angle. We won't know for sure till Caylx posts some new photo's or some that has held the profit on design chimes in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back