$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 13, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,036 of 6,550
Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it.
beerchug.gif

OMG........  I LOVE CALYX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
basshead.gif
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #1,037 of 6,550
Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it.
beerchug.gif

That's great stuff.... Wallet primed 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #1,038 of 6,550
Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it. :beerchug:

but the question is will the pre order promo be as good as the Korean one :)

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,039 of 6,550
Feb 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,040 of 6,550
If the sale is same for ouside Korea customer, then it would be very hard to choose from the dx90 and the calyx M.
500usd vs ~750usd
confused_face.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,042 of 6,550
If the sale is same for ouside Korea customer, then it would be very hard to choose from the dx90 and the calyx M.
500usd vs ~750usd:confused_face:

Agreed with you, you'll have to weight the different functions, pros and cons of each implementation. Don't forget the DX90 is a double dac configuration similarly along the line of the AK240, it's the amp stage that will make it outstanding or a pass, that is if you want a truly portable unit.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,043 of 6,550
Agreed with you, you'll have to weight the different functions, pros and cons of each implementation. Don't forget the DX90 is a double dac configuration similarly along the line of the AK240, it's the amp stage that will make it outstanding or a pass, that is if you want a truly portable unit.

To be honest, I'm skeptical at the merits of a dual-dac design. It appears like a gimick that takes advantage of the common consumer perception that more is better.

Dual-dac design is complicated. If a single DAC design can reproduce the exact sound as intended, why would you mess it up, make things complicated? It could potentially introduce unforseen issues. 

Right now Calyx M looks more appealing than DX90. Unless the dual-dac design and it's amp stage proves to be a huge advantage over M. Otherwise, the storage option, button layout, UI and additional feature is too much for DX90 to handle even at half the price of Calyx M.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,044 of 6,550
All better dacs have it. Are you saying the iBasso is fully balanced at the output. .?

Al

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #1,045 of 6,550
500usd vs ~750usd:confused_face:

read my lips: Calyx M :D

i am afraid iBasso will again skimp on something, i put on sale my DX50 which is excellent for the money but needs amping because iBasso skimped on amp section. sadly my RWAK easily outperformed DX50 and amping DX50 which is larger than RWAK kills the whole portability, plus DX50 was very unrefined as concerns FW and glitches and some people also reported quality issues. i pity iBasso because DX50 is indeed very good sounding but skimping here and there worked against it :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,046 of 6,550
If Calyx nails with the M, I might become a big Calyx fan and continue support them in the future too. The evolution of M, their decisions based on feedback from possible customers etc they just play the game correctly, unlike some other fancy brands
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #1,048 of 6,550
This is their first DAP? Never heard of them before only about iRiver:) back in 1999.

ever heard of Bladelius, MBL, Jeff Rowland, Vitus, Magico, Zellaton, Da Vinci, etc...??? i can give you a long list of names you never heard which manufacture some finest audio gear in the world but among them will be no Astell Kern name.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #1,049 of 6,550
I heard and own some on your list but the question remains. Have they made any daps before. Or any hi end electronics A little help please .

Al

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,050 of 6,550
I heard and own some on your list but the question remains. Have they made any daps before. Or any hi end electronics A little help please .

Al

They made high end audio equipment. Haven't you heard Femto? Check it out. Calyx says if you like Femto, M would suit you.

Edit: Yes, this is their first digital audio player. At the beginning (you can also check in the beginning of the thread) I had my doubts and they were still there, until they listened to us and changed the product. With all those evolution, I can guess, they won't live the stress of releasing first dap into the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back