$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Nov 10, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #91 of 6,549
edit:
oh yes, here comes ...

enjoy

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #93 of 6,549
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #95 of 6,549
good,I will be happy. And by happy I mean VERY happy. But honestly, once you have heard the 901, it is hard to listen to something that sounds less good.
11.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #96 of 6,549
Anyone who is hoping the Calyx amp will be as powerful as the dx100/hm901 is dreaming. The biggest problem is space, the dx100/hm901 have two full size pcbs each, which is why they are so thick. The Calyx wont be able to match them with half the pcb space, it will probably be around half as powerful as the dx100/hm901.

Its a trade off I welcome, at least the Calyx can fit in my pocket and be fairly portable unlike dx100/hm901. Anyway, DX100/hm901 power is overkill for most iems.

For me i don't need a powerfull buit-in amp !

What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- À very subtle and musical but not so powerfull built-in Amp and
- massive storage,

and then i have a 3 parts stratégie :

- i use the built-in amp with my IEM to have a very portable set-up that fit in à pocket.

- I add à portable amp ( HiFi M8, TU-05 tube Amp...) to drive my full Size headphone. The complete set- up becomes transportable and fit in à hard-case.

- I connect it to my Desktop DAC and it is then only my Transport source.

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #97 of 6,549

What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- massive storage,

and then i have a 3 parts stratégie :

- i use the built-in amp with my IEM to have a very portable set-up that fit in à pocket.

- I add à portable amp ( HiFi M8, TU-05 tube Amp...) to drive my full Size headphone. The complete set- up becomes transportable and fit in à hard-case.

- I connect it to my Desktop DAC and it is then only my Transport source.

LOL... portable and a porter needed for carrying it :p

I am thinking about putting my front end on the wheels too :D

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #99 of 6,549
IPad is limited to 24/96 (when it is not 16/44) and Max capacité is 128 Mb !

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #100 of 6,549
IPad is limited to 24/96 (when it is not 16/44) and Max capacité is 128 Mb !

OK, fair comment.  I guess I was just amused at how enormous that carry case and amplifier are, so it seems crazy to me to look for a pocket-sized front-end when the rest of the components are so large.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #101 of 6,549

What i want is
- massive storage,

Exactly what im looking for, except I also want a very good processor to make the dap very snappy, for example when I use the touch screen to forward the song to any part it should be instant. Also only a touch screen can forward to any part which is another must for me.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #102 of 6,549
Exactly what im looking for, except I also want a very good processor to make the dap very snappy, for example when I use the touch screen to forward the song to any part it should be instant. Also only a touch screen can forward to any part which is another must for me.

+1.

but....100% TACTILE is a BIG mistake.

--> We need at least, like the AK100/120, the 3 Physical buttons to for << ; pause & >>

Tactile screen not practical when the DAP is in the pocket....

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #104 of 6,549
Nov 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #105 of 6,549

you bet....... i am too

Even without any Physical buttons ?   Touch-Screen interface only for volume up-down, FF, pause... ! 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back