$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 11, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #901 of 6,549
Oh as a side note, I actually would like to see Calyx M team in head fi, I don't use Facebook and they honestly don't reply to emails. So learning information and discussion would be easier in here.

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #903 of 6,549
Wicked
smily_headphones1.gif
only for that HD OLED screen the M is worth buying..

Yup HD OLED screen is the most important thing in Digital Audio Player
rolleyes.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #905 of 6,549
If they feel they did a decent job with the amp section, they should not have to explain themselves about the lack of LO. What I want is a portable device hence a clean HO if that is achieved I definitively do not want to stack this player.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #907 of 6,549
  Taken from Calyx M Facebook page:

We heard that a company (or a person inside the company) mentioned on our M like " We will check out what we can do more after looking at." 
We recommend them at least to give respect to their colleagues in the same industry and show the measurement of their products first.

What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #908 of 6,549
  What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."

No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.

I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #910 of 6,549

No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.

I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.

Thanks, I forgot about that. I believe that Calyx knows what they are doing about the line out feature since they have released so many well regarded products.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #911 of 6,549
Calyx makes two key points on the line out.

The first is that the Sabre requires some kind of amplification / current driver after the DAC chip as part of the circuitry. 

The second is that the headphone out is going to be demonstrably clean on the measurements.

The M has me excited. (Sound of $1,000 flushing away.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back