$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 19, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #5,581 of 6,549
New ROM is finished. I revised a few changes in core optimizations fixing some resource utilization glitches. Now system is more stable, sounding better with improved transient attack at low frequency. Please let me know which one you prefer between

Compatibility: Similar to public Purist ROM but with more optimizations
Purist: True purist ROM with audio effect engine and EQ/Gapless removed
Battery: Additional optimizations to improve battery life

Regards,
Keetakawee

P.S. To person who leaked the ROM, don't ask me for update again. I made each person's folder to see who leaked the ROM. Otherwise, I'll publish your name in the forum. Consider this a final warning and keep your last warez to yourself.

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #5,582 of 6,549
Does anybody know for sure if the M is discontinued?  Chris claimed it was not, but that was last August that I spoke with him.  Most places that used to carry it say it is and do not carry Calyx anymore.  A lot of dealers like Moon Audio have claimed to have pretty major problems with the company.  I spoke with Drew and a few others a few months ago as well.  just curious if there is a reason the M would be phased out?  Problems or demand?

Thank you

Riley

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #5,583 of 6,549
  New ROM is finished. I revised a few changes in core optimizations fixing some resource utilization glitches. Now system is more stable, sounding better with improved transient attack at low frequency. Please let me know which one you prefer between

Regards,
Keetakawee

P.S. To person who leaked the ROM, don't ask me for update again. I made each person's folder to see who leaked the ROM. Otherwise, I'll publish your name in the forum. Consider this a final warning and keep your last warez to yourself.

Everything that improves battery is the top priority imo. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #5,584 of 6,549

Everything that improves battery is the top priority imo. 

I see. I can send you battery optimized version if you decide to upgrade with advanced ROM.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #5,586 of 6,549
As far as I know the Calyx M is what's known euphemistically as a "dead product" ...meaning no more support for it from the manufacturer .The last firmware update was Nov. 2014?
I've had mine for slightly over 2 years and recently uploaded WindowsX public free firmware and then the paid version.

I also added (last year) X-BATT BATTERY EXTENSION PACK FOR CALYX M  from Jaben. So no more battery issues.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #5,587 of 6,549
Is the M no longer getting firmware updates?  I emailed Chris for some of this info, but as usual he has not responded.  As I said before he has his own way of doing things.

Thank you

Riley

I think their last update was at least two years ago, so there will be no more update from Calyx which they confirmed to me via email long ago. They also said back then that they are not working on a new model.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #5,588 of 6,549
I think their last update was at least two years ago, so there will be no more update from Calyx which they confirmed to me via email long ago. They also said back then that they are not working on a new model.

I heard the same thing, but it has been a while.  Drew from Moon Audio told me Calyx was a pain to deal with so they stopped selling them.  I heard the same from Sonic Electronix and Acoustic Sounds.  Is Calyx going out of business?  It sure seems like it from their activity the last few years.  Chris has been very hard to deal with as well.  All of this makes me feel better about not ever purchasing a Calyx product.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #5,589 of 6,549
  As far as I know the Calyx M is what's known euphemistically as a "dead product" ...meaning no more support for it from the manufacturer .The last firmware update was Nov. 2014?
I've had mine for slightly over 2 years and recently uploaded WindowsX public free firmware and then the paid version.

I also added (last year) X-BATT BATTERY EXTENSION PACK FOR CALYX M  from Jaben. So no more battery issues.

Hello, can you describe the changes that you noticed with the Windows X free firmware and with the paid version. Does the paid version have a proper folder browser? Thank you!

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #5,590 of 6,549

Regards,
Keetakawee

I really love your purist fw upgrade. more sub-bass punch. soundstage improved. even better musicality. sounds like a veil was lifted and feels like being right in the center of music. thanks again! please keep up doing your great work!

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #5,592 of 6,549

I really love your purist fw upgrade. more sub-bass punch. soundstage improved. even better musicality. sounds like a veil was lifted and feels like being right in the center of music. thanks again! please keep up doing your great work!

Hello, 
Does the paid version have a proper folder browser? Thank you!

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #5,594 of 6,549

Hi!
No, I am sorry to tell you the browser stays as it is. As far as I see the fw upgrade "only" improves the sound. Which I like :wink:

Hi, thank you for your answer. I really love the sound of this player. The only thing that bother me is that it does not have a proper folder browser, and I thought the paid firmware has it. What headphones do you use with the player, and which one do you think has the best synergy? Thanks

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #5,595 of 6,549
  Hi, thank you for your answer. I really love the sound of this player. The only thing that bother me is that it does not have a proper folder browser, and I thought the paid firmware has it. What headphones do you use with the player, and which one do you think has the best synergy? Thanks

As the Calyx M is a very musical DAP I think it pairs well with headphones leaning to neutral tonality. I am listening on the go with Oppo PM3´s. If I had the money I would buy a flagship IEM called Jomo Samba that is a reference IEM leaning towards the bright side. So that would be a good synergy, too. I also tested them with the InEar Prophile 8 which is an absolutely wonderful combo. As well as MrSpeakers Ether C and Ether C Flow, but I more liked the sound of the Ether C in combination with the Calyx M. Also nice with Oriolus MK2 or with HD800.
I hope I could help ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back