$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 26, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #5,551 of 6,549
  Switching between WM1A and Calyx M, I still find Calyx M more dynamic but the new blood surely has its own strength, better separation and instrumental placement are two that come across my mind. But the sense of dynamic is still better on calyx M.

One of these days I will be able to send mine to be modded :frowning2: Life, freaking life! 

Modding your WM1A into WM1Z? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #5,553 of 6,549
Just come to inform I found new 'tricks' to improve ROM performance while modding DX200 ROM. I'll update Calyx M soon after I can clear some works in this month. I'm so packed with new product launch as you can read from here.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/thank-you-for-supporting-nikola-linear-power-supply-with-13-units-sold-in-first-week/

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #5,555 of 6,549
Would you recommend getting the calyx M modded or getting the dx200 and having that modded?

If you don't want to use Play Store app like streaming or play from upnp sources, I I prefer sound from modded Calyx M over DX200. It's cleaner and more linear.

I bought DX200 because a lot of modded DX90 customers asked about it. It felt wrong for me if they bought and send DX200 to me for modding after all they've done for me. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #5,556 of 6,549
If you don't want to use Play Store app like streaming or play from upnp sources, I I prefer sound from modded Calyx M over DX200. It's cleaner and more linear.

I bought DX200 because a lot of modded DX90 customers asked about it. It felt wrong for me if they bought and send DX200 to me for modding after all they've done for me. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee
my holiday can't come quick enough.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #5,557 of 6,549
I hope it will come sooner for you. :)

Regards.
Keetakawee

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #5,560 of 6,549
I know you're busy so sorry for the question, but I have a Calyx M and love the sound (particularly the black background - can't stand any sort of hiss/background noise) but am thinking of getting a new DAP with streaming capability so that I can use Tidal on it. I've been looking hard at the DX200 but have heard about some hiss with sensitive iems (I use AKG 3003s which are pretty sensitive and need an M-jack), but heard the same about the Fiio X5iii as well.  Any recommendations of a DAP with streaming capability that has a sound comparable to the Calyx M (particularly blackness of background)?  Thanks for the help. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #5,561 of 6,549
  Hmm.....Maybe I should release some after market FW for public. At least something like improving UI and battery life. It's a bit too wasted to see this device dying out, especially after I can hear how great it works with some fixes I've made.

Regards,
Windows X

Hello, I am new to Head-Fi, I just bought the Calyx M used and I love the sound of the player. I wanted to know what people here on Head-fi think of the player and I noticed your post regarding your software modification. I was wondering if you can make an act of generosity and share your firmware here on Head-Fi, that way the few people that still love this player can enjoy it even more, and they don't have to look for a new player (Ibasso DX200, Opus 2, and so on). Thank you, and I hope to be able to try your firmware and to enjoy this beautiful player

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #5,562 of 6,549
  Hello, I am new to Head-Fi, I just bought the Calyx M used and I love the sound of the player. I wanted to know what people here on Head-fi think of the player and I noticed your post regarding your software modification. I was wondering if you can make an act of generosity and share your firmware here on Head-Fi, that way the few people that still love this player can enjoy it even more, and they don't have to look for a new player (Ibasso DX200, Opus 2, and so on). Thank you, and I hope to be able to try your firmware and to enjoy this beautiful player

Here's public firmware I released before.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpjlngeisgn1ojr/CalyxM_fw_1.02_r14_20141127_WindowsX_public.zip

I'm too busy with DX200 and my other projects right now so it'll be a long while for next Calyx M updates. I did some changes to upgraded ROM for now that should some what improve core player app. Customers can try the same link I sent before.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #5,563 of 6,549
Thank you for your time that you put in the effort to keep this player alive, and thank you for the firmware. Is this firmware that you posted here your latest firmware for Calyx M? Do you intend to release a new public firmware with more improvements for Calyx M in the future? Or for that we still have to pay. Thank you!

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #5,564 of 6,549
  Thank you for your time that you put in the effort to keep this player alive, and thank you for the firmware. Is this firmware that you posted here your latest firmware for Calyx M? Do you intend to release a new public firmware with more improvements for Calyx M in the future? Or for that we still have to pay. Thank you!

Maintaining firmware is time consuming and I already have a lot in my plate to do right now so current ones is good enough for public release.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #5,565 of 6,549
Can anybody who has downloaded this firmware on a Mac and uploaded it to the Calyx M give me a "step by step" tutorial on how to do it.
I've tried a few times and have failed.I don't want to accidentally  brick my dap.
You can PM the directions or post them here.

I would be eternally grateful.

Larryl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back