$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 15, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #5,341 of 6,549
Just installed the Windows X upgrade fm ... WOW!

More details and clarity, more width, noise floor reduced, AND seems to have much much more power, whats means more bass impact. I´m really happy about that, because with my PM-3´s I couldn´t enjoy electronical music any more, but now it´s wonderful! 

Thanks to Windows X, that´s totally worth the money, he´s a genius!

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #5,342 of 6,549
  Just installed the Windows X upgrade fm ... WOW!

More details and clarity, more width, noise floor reduced, AND seems to have much much more power, whats means more bass impact. I´m really happy about that, because with my PM-3´s I couldn´t enjoy electronical music any more, but now it´s wonderful! 

Thanks to Windows X, that´s totally worth the money, he´s a genius!

I'd love to read future impressions as they relate to different gear/IEM's, headphones etc.

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #5,343 of 6,549
I'd love to read future impressions as they relate to different gear/IEM's, headphones etc.

PM-3's are my only gear which I use "on the road". Sold everything else. But I'm also interrested in other gear impressions. Still very happy with the new upgrade! Calyx M seams to need a bit more time with starting up and library scan than before, but maybe I'm wrong. And if so: it doesn't really matter for me waiting 2 minutes or 2:30 minutes. What matters is the sound.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #5,346 of 6,549
  PM sent. I think I'll update Calyx M again to make sure it has recent changes from iBasso firmware.

Regards,
Windows X

can i ask please, can u look into adding an eq into the firmware, also does it require sending the device to u to do the upgrade or can we do it by ourselves

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #5,347 of 6,549
and how does the calyx m compare to mojo

so u do u feel u need no eq at all

how is the bass on the calyx m?

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #5,348 of 6,549
Why do you need EQ from me? I'll personally mod Calyx M to HW level to get the most accurate and neutral sound that you won't ever be tempted to other products. I owned and listened to almost all highend sources in the world now so EQ isn't something you should expect in this case. :wink:

As for Calyx M comparing to Mojo, I think it's wasted investment as Mojo is DAC/Amp and you won't use its DAC part. Going for Bakoon amp would be better choice if you want amplification at quality that won't degrade Calyx M.

Calyx M will have much better quality of Bass after getting firmware and HW mod.

Regards,
Windows X

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #5,349 of 6,549
  Why do you need EQ from me? I'll personally mod Calyx M to HW level to get the most accurate and neutral sound that you won't ever be tempted to other products. I owned and listened to almost all highend sources in the world now so EQ isn't something you should expect in this case. :wink:

As for Calyx M comparing to Mojo, I think it's wasted investment as Mojo is DAC/Amp and you won't use its DAC part. Going for Bakoon amp would be better choice if you want amplification at quality that won't degrade Calyx M.

Calyx M will have much better quality of Bass after getting firmware and HW mod.

Regards,
Windows X

i am sorry no eq mean no interest

maybe after a lifetime of 1000 lightning years, when record companies will make only make great mastered recordings then I might drop off eq

until then to fix the badly mastered recordings out there u need an eq

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,350 of 6,549

maybe after a lifetime of 1000 lightning years, when record companies will make only make great mastered recordings then I might drop off eq

I agree, not all recordings are equally mastered. In reality everybody EQs their music. They eq it with different daps, earphones, earphone pads, cables, formats or by pressing a button.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #5,351 of 6,549

Regards,
Windows X

I always thought that I need an EQ. Now with Windows X update I'm completely happy (more bass as he said)

But it's also true, not every record is pleasing. But I can live with that.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #5,352 of 6,549
I always thought that I need an EQ. Now with Windows X update I'm completely happy (more bass as he said)

But it's also true, not every record is pleasing. But I can live with that.

no worries as I mentioned in many of my previous posts i respect all opinions about eq or no eq.

But for me no eq is still a no, exactly like an amp with no bass boost, just learned that i have no faith in record companies in stepping up their game , and I have to take things in my own hands to fix their lack of performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back