$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #34 of 6,549
So I asked Calyx about the screen resolution on their facebook page, and I got an answer: 1280 x 800! thats HD, so movies will look great, completely stomps on the Sony ZX1 screen which is 854 x 480, not to mention the Calyx uses the beautiful OLED screen vs sony using lcd.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #35 of 6,549
So I asked Calyx about the screen resolution on their facebook page, and I got an answer: 1280 x 800! thats HD, so movies will look great, completely stomps on the Sony ZX1 screen which is 854 x 480, not to mention the Calyx uses the beautiful OLED screen vs sony using lcd.

Thats good news. Did they say anything about the DAC inside. Will it be a "meant-for-portable" DAC or will it be a desktopish DAC?

I could think of a Cirrus 4398... can be powered by 3.3v

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #36 of 6,549
They could put a gameboy screen for all I care...I am more worried about the amp section on such a thin DAP.

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #37 of 6,549

Thats good news. Did they say anything about the DAC inside. Will it be a "meant-for-portable" DAC or will it be a desktopish DAC?

I could think of a Cirrus 4398... can be powered by 3.3v

I'm pretty sure the posted specs show that it will be using ESS Sabre DAC. Yes ESS 9018

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 6,549
They could put a gameboy screen for all I care...I am more worried about the amp section on such a thin DAP.

rolleyes.gif

Yep. Me too.

Same goes for the Sony NW-ZX1 (15mw + 15mw @ 16Ω)

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #43 of 6,549

We already know its plenty powerful, on the first page, the THD+N measurements show the power output is 70mW at 16Ω with 1v, so its already more than double the power of the Sony ZX1 (30mW at 16Ω), what we are yet to know is if these results were from low gain, high gain or the only gain setting. So it might even be more powerful than this, they might have only used low gain setting to show the lowest THD on that graph. In comparison the ibasso DX50 is 60mW at 16Ω with 1v on high gain, so the Calyx beats it by a bit on an unconfirmed gain setting.

I am getting the feeling Calyx is going all out with this dap, at least the current specs indicate that, with the epic 5.6" oled hd screen, epic 1.4cm thinness, epic 0.0005 low distortion, very decent 70mW power output, epic 64gb internal memory plus Micro SD, and epic build quality (looks like aluminium) and probably an epic dac. This is my most anticipated dap by a long shot, lets hope Calyx put out some monster specs on the dac in a month, I am putting my money on it being Sabre.
Think about it, they even said " If you loved the sound of the Femto, then this is for you" and the femto uses dual sabre dacs, so lets hope its the sabre, if it is this dap could easily become the be all and end all of current daps :cool:

Originally Posted by alamakazam

They say it has 1 microsd slot

And mention a 192gb microsd is coming soon....

I am so unconvinced

They only mention it like this below, they don't mention a 192gb SD.

Internal: 64gb
External: 192gb

They say it uses one Micro SD, So they might be saying that a 128gb micro sd + the 64gb internal = 192gb.

nomnomnom

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #44 of 6,549
I only hope that they designed this with iem users in mind rather than boasting that it could drive phones like he6...

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #45 of 6,549
Man, that thing looks super good!
Listening to DSD tracks on the go...you can't get more audiophile :p

I sure as hell will never buy this thing but I really want to see how it turns out.

Subbed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back