$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jun 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #3,106 of 6,550
This is very weird... 
2-3 hours isn't enough for anyone. I wonder if the product is still in beta status. According to its specification, it must be able to run 7-10 hours at least. 
Can you try to report this to Calyx Audio people?

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,107 of 6,550
  This is very weird... 
2-3 hours isn't enough for anyone. I wonder if the product is still in beta status. According to its specification, it must be able to run 7-10 hours at least. 
Can you try to report this to Calyx Audio people?

Read the posts above mate. It appears to be a firmware issue where the device incorrectly believes the battery is fully drained and shuts down. When Ross restarted his device he had 50% of his battery left.

Which firmware are you on Ross? I'm going to guess 0.5?

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #3,108 of 6,550

Read the posts above mate. It appears to be a firmware issue where the device incorrectly believes the battery is fully drained and shuts down. When Ross restarted his device he had 50% of his battery left.

Which firmware are you on Ross? I'm going to guess 0.5?

Correct 0.5. Where do you get the new firmware, and how is it installed?

Edit: NVM just found it.

Re-Edit: found the firmware, but can't figure out how to install it. Any tips?

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,109 of 6,550
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #3,110 of 6,550
Instruction of how to install Calyx M Firmware 0.docx [File Size:16.2KB/Download:38]

"REW" button is the button just below the volume, so the topmost one among three physical buttons on the right side.
Some reported that SD card with the firmware file should be empty except the firmware. It was not the case with me, but I've observed such a case.

 Remove microSD card if any, and insult the SD-card in 1

I would could see myself swearing at the card while flashing the M :D

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #3,111 of 6,550
Thanks, guys, I will give it a try later today. I have also been told by the local distributor that new firmware is due any day.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #3,112 of 6,550
Just a quick note to say that I have had my M for a week, and I have used it during my travels. I am not sure if it the Melbourne air (where I still am for a few hours), but I have been enjoying it so far...No particular issue to report - I am on firmware 0.6, and I have been using it with FitEar Parterre and my custom Rhapsodio RDBv1. Very pleasing with piano recordings, jazz, female voices. I absolutely have to try more genres but I suspect it should be fine with orchestral works. Best, K.

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #3,113 of 6,550
Just a quick note to say that I have had my M for a week, and I have used it during my travels. I am not sure if it the Melbourne air (where I still am for a few hours), but I have been enjoying it so far...No particular issue to report - I am on firmware 0.6, and I have been using it with FitEar Parterre and my custom Rhapsodio RDBv1. Very pleasing with piano recordings, jazz, female voices. I absolutely have to try more genres but I suspect it should be fine with orchestral works. Best, K.

Do you own any other DAPs you could perhaps rate it against ?

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #3,115 of 6,550

Hi iohk,

Does it appear to survive the flight? Would be a shame if these battery issues persist firmware update after firmware update. I assume you're using FW version 0.6?

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,116 of 6,550
Today i tested Calyx M at local dealer Store

My impression :

Dap : Calyx M
Music file : WAV 16 bit / 44 kHz
Iem : Earsonic SM 64 v1
Audiotechnica ATH W 11 LTD

The Calyx M demo unit SQ is Warm , analog and has organic sound , High less clarity and is not so Crisp

I prefer My AK 120 Titan mod than Calyx M

After i pair With My Mass Ko Bo 395

The Calyx M demo unit shine In better Way

High : is more open , detail and more Crisp
Mid : sweet , Clear and analog has better pronounce
Bass : has better detail and better bass impact
Separation : has better separation
Soundstage : has 3 D presentation.

Now the result is The Other Way round

Calyx M + Mass Ko Bo 395 has better SQ than My AK 120 Titan mod

From This tested , i and My Friend decided to open BINB For us
The result surprised us , ours Calyx Amps SQ are similar , ours Calyx M has better clarity
And detail than Calyx M demo unit .
Today i decided to buy My Calyx M and now still on Charger :D

IMO

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #3,117 of 6,550
Let us know about the battery life, Rudi. It seems to be quite low, but nobody has really given a definitive answer to the battery life question just yet.

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #3,118 of 6,550
Let us know about the battery life, Rudi. It seems to be quite low, but nobody has really given a definitive answer to the battery life question just yet.

This Calyx dap has bigger Power than My AK 120 Titan mod
I guess not longer than My HDP R 10 ca 7 hours Max
I Will update tomorrow

Note : charging Time After 5 has full charge use Sony USB Charger .

The First Time i feel the body from demo unit so Warm , i though the body is plastic
As i Opened my unit i feel very Cool than i Know This is pure metal :D
If the body from plastic i do not want buy This , it doesnt matter of the SQ , looking and build quality is very important fir Me .
IMO

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3,119 of 6,550
Hey Rudi, looking forward to hear your detailed impressions.

Would you compare it to HDP R10 as a standalone dap, with iems and ciems like your MH335DW and other iems?

I am more interested in standalone dap performance than paired with an amp. Also how is battery life with 16 bit flacs/wavs? Can it pass 7 hours at least?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back