$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2,236 of 6,550
  I hope the Calyx M sounds as good as it looks, which would give me another reason to upgrade.

It will need to, with high-value-for-money competing products such as the X5 and DX90. Admittedly, they're not fullsize touchscreen DAPs, but in many other aspects, they shoot substantially above their respective price-points.

Good times for DAP-buyers...

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2,237 of 6,550
from their FB page:

So, I'm looking forward testing a M against my AK100+HUGO set-up :  * IF * SQ Wise the M is on par with the HUGO, then they have a winner because their UI is superbe.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #2,239 of 6,550
 I am just hoping it's responsive.

Good point: The UI is very graphical and the choosed processor pretty weak !  cross fingers....

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2,241 of 6,550
I wonder what kind of match one could have with Calyx M driving an Oppo PM-1 directly? They are extremely efficient and the potential SQ of both makes this very tempting.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #2,242 of 6,550
I wonder what kind of match one could have with Calyx M driving an Oppo PM-1 directly? They are extremely efficient and the potential SQ of both makes this very tempting.

I have the gut feeling that those were made for each other. Won't be able to tell for some little time unless we get someone from Korea trying/buying the PM-1.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #2,243 of 6,550
  So, I'm looking forward testing a M against my AK100+HUGO set-up :  * IF * SQ Wise the M is on par with the HUGO, then they have a winner because their UI is superbe.

If the SQ matches the AK100 they have a winner.  It bests it on features and likely has a service department so... ya that's all it's going to take to sell well.

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2,244 of 6,550

If the SQ matches the AK100 they have a winner.  It bests it on features and likely has a service department so... ya that's all it's going to take to sell well.

em... that's a pretty low standard, even with the MK II.  I sure do hope it is A LOT better than any variant of the AK100!

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #2,245 of 6,550
THEY only care about sales :wink:  If I'm looking at the AK100 and the M... the M looks like it should cost more.  As long as it sounds as good... the increase is worth the extra features and more substantial feel in the eyes of a lot of buyers.

I know the FotM has marched on but the AK100 is still a great player despite having a usb dac that doesn't quite work right and being sold by a company with no real service department.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #2,246 of 6,550
  THEY only care about sales :wink:  If I'm looking at the AK100 and the M... the M looks like it should cost more.  As long as it sounds as good... the increase is worth the extra features and more substantial feel in the eyes of a lot of buyers.

I know the FotM has marched on but the AK100 is still a great player despite having a usb dac that doesn't quite work right and being sold by a company with no real service department.

Shuush, please don't spread the words, it's bad for the customers.
ph34r.gif

Isn't that insane? Please don't tell me that you are not impressed cause that closes the loop in terms of heavy duty hi-res formats, on the USB DAC!!!
eek.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #2,247 of 6,550
Oh don't get me wrong... I'm buying one.  No question.  Well two, where's the link and when.  I just think it's a little silly to think it's only worth considering if it smashes everything under the sun while costing less /facepalm

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #2,249 of 6,550

Who?

Where?

When?

confused.gif

Oh don't get me wrong... I'm buying one.  No question.  Well two, where's the link and when.  I just think it's a little silly to think it's only worth considering if it smashes everything under the sun while costing less /facepalm

You mean when they'll make it available internationally in May? You said more than one, we better get ready to click on the following before you snap them all! 
biggrin.gif

That damn button again. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #2,250 of 6,550

You mean when they'll make it available internationally in May? You said more than one, we better get ready to click on the following before you snap them all! 
biggrin.gif

That damn button again. 
atsmile.gif

You have not even done burning in DX90 and your finger is already touching that button.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back