$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #2,146 of 6,549
  No magnetic volume slider on mine 
wink_face.gif
 all mind controlled. 
tongue_smile.gif

I bet the battery life is great as well

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,150 of 6,549
  I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around. 
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there. 
biggrin.gif

Calyx M size comparison  

DX50iPhone 5s

very nice alpha version
wink_face.gif
ibasso´s size is rather convenient - perhaps we should wait for the dx95 - same dimensions,  with hires full screen display and the side buttons ,,, and more memory

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,151 of 6,549
Apr 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #2,152 of 6,549
no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data  with better quality (according to calyx).
blink.gif

a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #2,154 of 6,549
  no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data  with better quality (according to calyx).
blink.gif

a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.

If you take the time to read through this thread, you'll understand why some of us have wished for a D-O on the Calyx-M, but that's now a redundant conversation, since it is (AFAIK) being released without.

I'm struggling to understand why on earth an X3 user would need a D-I on the Calyx-M, though
confused.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2,155 of 6,549
in this case the digital out of the x3 could be send to the calyx-m (digital in) and would be converted there in better sound quality.

Apr 10, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #2,156 of 6,549
But why would you even want to use a budget DAP like the X3 with a TOTL DAP like the Calyx-M?
confused.gif

Just load-up the Calyx-M with a couple of memory cards and you're good-to-go.

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #2,157 of 6,549
this ironically meant scenario was intended to be for x3 owners, who would hopefully had got the calyx-m and want to keep/use their small x3 furthermore.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #2,158 of 6,549
  this ironically meant scenario was intended to be for x3 owners, who would hopefully had got the calyx-m and want to keep/use their small x3 furthermore.

I failed to see the sense on this scenario. Why not just take the SD card from X3 and plug it in on M. Just dump the X3 you don't need that anymore, you don't want to stack devices if there is no benefit at all. (Unless you want a solid brick to defend yourself when you get mugged on the streets
tongue_smile.gif
) In this case I don't think there is any.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #2,160 of 6,549
I just want to see a DX90 vs Calyx M comparison, when two daps use the same DAC there is no where to hide in a comparison! especially if one of those daps is over twice the price of the other :/  I want the Calyx M to be a sucess so I can take advantage of its sexy UI and big screen ease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back