$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #2,134 of 6,549
Did anyone else notice that Calyx quietly increased the weight of the M from an initial 160g to a whopping 230g?

Probably a bigger battery.

I only noticed when James (Fiio) asked about user requirements for a new X7

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #2,136 of 6,549
  Did anyone else notice that Calyx quietly increased the weight of the M from an initial 160g to a whopping 230g?

Yeah when I have time I will jump to that thread too. I found James's attitude and his will to help to customers, satisfy them as much as possible is very nice. There are not many people around here like James.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,137 of 6,549

Yeah when I have time I will jump to that thread too. I found James's attitude and his will to help to customers, satisfy them as much as possible is very nice. There are not many people around here like James.

they are few and far between, but would, in my experience, include Dan from Mr Speakers, Jason from Schiit and Michael from Centrance, all of whom have responded to the community at large and me personally during my audiophile development...

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #2,138 of 6,549

Maybe Calyx has finally added a true LO AND a digital out?

j/k 
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #2,139 of 6,549
I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around. 
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there. 
biggrin.gif

Calyx M size comparison  

DX50iPhone 5s

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #2,140 of 6,549
  I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around. 
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there. 
biggrin.gif

Quite like your user interface as well, is that an e-ink display?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back