Feb 16, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi, reviews of the forum are amazing, they are helping me a lot. But my mind mixed up now. I'm gonna buy a new iem, I wanna neutral sound. I'm totally metalhead (thrash, heavy, doom, proto, hard rock) and I'm a bass player sound of the bass guitar is very important to me (not a bass-head I hate hip-hop, techno etc.)
These are my options
1) Tin Hi-Fi T4,
2) Moondrop Starship(thats very expensive for me)
3) Tin Audio T2
4) TFZ No3 19th.
5)iBasso IT00
6) Shouer H27
7)KZ ZS 10 PRO
8)KZ ZSX
9)Shure Se215
Of the ones you mentioned, only the Tin T4 and T2 are reasonably close to a neutral sounding. The Moondrop Starfield is Harman tuned, which is well balanced. TFZ No.3 is a popular true bass head IEM. IT00, ZS10 Pro, ZSX are all bassy as well.

My recommendation for a well balanced sounding IEM for metal is the Jade Audio EA1 (which is the same as the FiiO FD1). It has a neutral-ish tuning with boosted bass, but not to bass head levels. For single DD IEMs, in general, I recommend beryllium coated drivers for metal, because you need fast, clean, textured, well defined bass, with good transient attack in order to keep up. None of the ones you mentioned, that I’ve heard (not the Starfield, H27, or se215), would I consider great for metal.

Other options include the KZ BA10. It’s bassy, but has BA bass, so it’s very fast, and different sounding. KZ DQ6 is quite good for metal, as I find the bass to be adequately fast and clean. The DQ6 is moderately bassy, but not as much as the other KZs you mentioned.

For a truly neutral sound, consider the Etymotic ER2 or ER3. I find both fast enough for metal.

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 6
Of the ones you mentioned, only the Tin T4 and T2 are reasonably close to a neutral sounding. The Moondrop Starfield is Harman tuned, which is well balanced. TFZ No.3 is a popular true bass head IEM. IT00, ZS10 Pro, ZSX are all bassy as well.

My recommendation for a well balanced sounding IEM for metal is the Jade Audio EA1 (which is the same as the FiiO FD1). It has a neutral-ish tuning with boosted bass, but not to bass head levels. For single DD IEMs, in general, I recommend beryllium coated drivers for metal, because you need fast, clean, textured, well defined bass, with good transient attack in order to keep up. None of the ones you mentioned, that I’ve heard (not the Starfield, H27, or se215), would I consider great for metal.

Other options include the KZ BA10. It’s bassy, but has BA bass, so it’s very fast, and different sounding. KZ DQ6 is quite good for metal, as I find the bass to be adequately fast and clean. The DQ6 is moderately bassy, but not as much as the other KZs you mentioned.

For a truly neutral sound, consider the Etymotic ER2 or ER3. I find both fast enough for metal.
Thanks for your concern, but there's no model I can buy other than these (my iem list), just KZ's.
I wonder if any of the models I threw outmatch metal?

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi, reviews of the forum are amazing, they are helping me a lot. But my mind mixed up now. I'm gonna buy a new iem, I wanna neutral sound. I'm totally metalhead (thrash, heavy, doom, proto, hard rock) and I'm a bass player sound of the bass guitar is very important to me (not a bass-head I hate hip-hop, techno etc.)
These are my options
1) Tin Hi-Fi T4,
2) Moondrop Starship(thats very expensive for me)
3) Tin Audio T2
4) TFZ No3 19th.
5)iBasso IT00
6) Shouer H27
7)KZ ZS 10 PRO
8)KZ ZSX
9)Shure Se215

If you can hold off and save up for a Westone W20 or UM Pro20, and take that recommendation from a prog/symphonic metal listener, that would be a far better choice than the Shure SE215.

Maybe the SE425 in case you find it for a lot cheaper or if you have a local distributor there that will make warranty repairs/replacements easier.

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
If you can hold off and save up for a Westone W20 or UM Pro20, and take that recommendation from a prog/symphonic metal listener, that would be a far better choice than the Shure SE215.

Maybe the SE425 in case you find it for a lot cheaper or if you have a local distributor there that will make warranty repairs/replacements easier.
Too expensive in Turkey, SE425 is very expensive (also Westones) they are expensive than minimum wage in Turkey. (2825 Turkish Liras = minimum wage. SE 425 = 3000 Turkish liras) And I'm high school student.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Too expensive in Turkey, SE425 is very expensive (also Westones) they are expensive than minimum wage in Turkey. (2825 Turkish Liras = minimum wage. SE 425 = 3000 Turkish liras) And I'm high school student.

The Shure will be safer than the KZs. I had two pairs, they broke within a year. Sound isn't what you're looking for either ie these have a fair amount of bass only less audible than my Aurisonics' because the treble is horrible and what bass you can hear is bloated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back