$900.00!!!!!! For Headphones!!!!
Jul 26, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #76 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
Imagine... bobing your head, singing "SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND!!", then the next thing you know is POOF!, and you look around and wonder to yourself, "when did God sit next to me... Hey! an audio shop!"
k1000smile.gif

Oh, is that really where you think you're going?

[size=xx-small]J/K...[/size]

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #77 of 94
Quote:

Originaly posted by Dusty Chalk
Oh, is that really where you think you're going? J/K...

I would guess he is being optomistic.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #79 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
In case that doesn't work I can always claim I didn't mean what I was writing, Im no native speaker, beg your pardon.
icon10.gif

I'd much rather expect native headphones here anyway...
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #80 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Why?
In case I'll get flamed I will tell our traditionalists that I actually like 20th century technology.

I thought you rather wanted to say "you don't have to use 21st century technology to get superior sound quality.", and I'd wholeheartedly agree
wink.gif

What you need 21st century technology for is superior convenience.
icon10.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:46 AM Post #81 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor
What I don't get is why for $18,000 you can't just open up your CDP, open up your amp, and solder the traces together. It's cheaper and will definetly sound better than using a cable.

You're still trying to apply logic, that's it!
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #83 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
I thought you rather wanted to say "you don't have to use 21st century technology to get superior sound quality.", and I'd wholeheartedly agree
wink.gif

What you need 21st century technology for is superior convenience.
icon10.gif

That sums it up allright.
icon10.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #85 of 94
O yea and Im not sayin cd players are bad....I just like mp3 players more. Also I respect that you guys would pay thousands of dollars on this stuff, but the most ill pay for headphones is around 200 bucks.

Jul 27, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #86 of 94
Then RUN AWAY NOW
smily_headphones1.gif

I would never have spent more than $200 on headphones. Until I decided that those woodies really would look cool on the DT770s. And then wow, ya know, they sound better, too. Hrm, yah, that's a good deal on that SuperMacro v1, I'll grab that. Whoa, makes a big difference, wonder how the SM3 sounds? Oh, naw, I'll hold off. Look at that deal on another SM1, an SR71, and the K501s. I can swing that, and just sell what I don't like. Gets me a chance to hear new stuff. And that SM1 is upgradable, so I can get a cheap SM3 later. Well, K501s aren't for me, good, I can sell those. Hey, look, money in paypal, I'll go ahead and get that SM1 upgraded. Oh, ER4Ps, those are the perfect match for the SuperMacro and my ipod. I like this SR71, but it doesn't sound significantly different from the SM1, so I'll sell it. Hey look, money in paypal, I'll try these RS1s, I know I can sell them....and so on, and so on
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #87 of 94
Why the hell do you people spend more than $20 on cables? The only way a cable could make any difference in sound is if you were amplifying an extremely weak source like a guitar or microphone. After any amplification from a cd player or mp3 player, a cable's capacitance will make no difference unless it is something like 1uF.

Jul 27, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #88 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by moeburn
Why the hell do you people spend more than $20 on cables? The only way a cable could make any difference in sound is if you were amplifying an extremely weak source like a guitar or microphone. After any amplification from a cd player or mp3 player, a cable's capacitance will make no difference unless it is something like 1uF.

Don't EVER listen to different (ie better) cables on the same source then...you'll be happier.

Jul 27, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #89 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
Don't EVER listen to different (ie better) cables on the same source then...you'll be happier.

I think that any difference people notice is purely placæbo, since there isn't any scientific change to the sound that is audible by a human ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back