$900.00!!!!!! For Headphones!!!!
Jul 25, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #46 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
A cd player plays cds....Ipods hold a whole lot of songs, more portable, more features....ect. Why have a cd player when you can have a mp3 player?

yea and they even come with earbuds..................................... ! lol?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #47 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I wouldn't wear isolating phones "in public". On a train or plane, or at home or work. But not out and about, too likely to get you run over
smily_headphones1.gif

Imagine... bobing your head, singing "SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND!!", then the next thing you know is POOF!, and you look around and wonder to yourself, "when did God sit next to me... Hey! an audio shop!"
k1000smile.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #48 of 94
Quote:

A cd player plays cds....Ipods hold a whole lot of songs, more portable, more features....ect. Why have a cd player when you can have a mp3 player?

Why have an mp3 player. A transistor radio is even cheaper ($9.99). Just turn it on and you have music! No need to bother with messy mp3s. You don't even need headphones. It's got its own built in speaker!

B00020S7XK.01-AHF4SYKP09WBH._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #49 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Wow, someone still shocked by a $900 price tag.

Like a virgin,
shocked for the very first time..........

Good one
biggrin.gif

ILUVIPODS, look, not spending more than $120 on a CDP is absolutely ok as long as you are happy with it. Many people here will tell you it is even a very wise choice, since this way you can save up for a 1K$+ external DAC which can make your $120 CDP sound more like a $3000 one.
wink.gif
But don't listen to their chatter, run, RUN WHILE YOU CAN. Once you taste the sweet fruit of better audio you may become infected, and it is only downwards from that point. I've seen people here going into debt for this hobby, some lie to their spouses, friends & relatives about the cost, even if they have the disposable income. And boy, that makes for some funny stories
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #50 of 94
Quote:

Because the iPod sounds like turds.. compared to THAT CD player :).

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #51 of 94
Quote:

Why use vinyl instead of CDs? Why lossless instead of compressed? Why walk when you can drive? Why vanilla and not chocolate? Why mcnuggets when you have filet mignon at home? Just cause we felt like it.

No seriously, I personally don't need any fancy features, I'm not too lazy to change a few discs. Sound Q has more priority than convenience, but that may just be me. Hell, my cd player is cheaper than a 40gig ipod. But damn man, you're a true-blooded fanboy eh? You should really read more on this website before saying why this instead of that . . and 2 and 2 is NOT 22 . . .
icon10.gif

Quote:

It's got its own built in speaker!

Dude, I seriously wish HDD players came with one, even if sounded like arse. I wanna pump up the barry manilow to impress the ladies!

Oh Mandy well, you came and you gave without taking . . . oowow

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #52 of 94
Not to thread jack but does anyone have any logical reason why $18,000 audio cables would sound better than say $200 cables? I have read articles from Physics Ph.D. and such ripping the claims of cable manufactures apart so I am skeptical.

I understand why a good amp would sound better, and good cans, but what is the selling point of an $18,000 cable besides giving some bragging rights of saying "I have an $18,000 cable". Seems like Emperors New Clothes. Can't hear a difference? Well then, you just don't have very good ears then! *turns up nose in disgust*

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #53 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
Not to thread jack but does anyone have any logical reason why $18,000 audio cables would sound better than say $200 cables? I have read articles from Physics Ph.D. and such ripping the claims of cable manufactures apart so I am skeptical.

I understand why a good amp would sound better, and good cans, but what is the selling point of an $18,000 cable besides giving some bragging rights of saying "I have an $18,000 cable". Seems like Emperors New Clothes. Can't hear a difference? Well then, you just don't have very good ears then! *turns up nose in disgust*

Do a search in the cables/misc forum here, LOTS of endless discussion.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #54 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
Imagine... bobing your head, singing "SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND!!", then the next thing you know is POOF!, and you look around and wonder to yourself, "when did God sit next to me... Hey! an audio shop!"
k1000smile.gif

Hahaha LOL

I've never actually LOL while reading Head-Fi threads, but this post made me laugh out loud.

I listened to UM2s a few times while walking around the streets, and will never do so again.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #55 of 94
Quote:

Not to thread jack but does anyone have any logical reason why $18,000 audio cables would sound better than say $200 cables?

No, but if you're able to afford it - do you need one?

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #57 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
No, but if you're able to afford it - do you need one?

Yeah really, though if I wanted something for bragging rights I would go for a high end sports car not a 2' long cable but thats just me.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #58 of 94
Quote:

Yeah really, though if I wanted something for bragging rights I would go for a high end sports car not a 2' long cable but thats just me.

At some point you may be too old or too weak to handle the Lotus without the whole operation gaining a certain suicidal quality. That may also be the point when you may want to start to impress the ladies with your thick, stiff & endlessly long run of luxury cable... it's all for practical reasons.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back