$900.00!!!!!! For Headphones!!!!
Jul 25, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #61 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
A cd player plays cds....Ipods hold a whole lot of songs, more portable, more features....ect. Why have a cd player when you can have a mp3 player?

Well, many of us are utilizing PC based music servers/external DACs with lossless files in the terabyte range, providing features that let look your Ipod quite lame. You don't have to use 20th century technology to get superior sound quality.
Your Ipod is nice due it's portability, but by our terms anything but the last word in sound quality.

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #62 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
You don't have to use 20th century technology to get superior sound quality.

Edit?
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #63 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Edit?
wink.gif

Why?
In case I'll get flamed I will tell our traditionalists that I actually like 20th century technology.Turntables,CDPs,tube amps, mechanical watches, wonderful.Far from perfection and a bit impractical maybe, but so romantic.
evil_smiley.gif

In case that doesn't work I can always claim I didn't mean what I was writing, Im no native speaker, beg your pardon.
icon10.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #64 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Why?
In case I'll get flamed I will tell our traditionalists that I actually like 20th century technology.Turntables,CDPs,tube amps, mechanical watches, wonderful.Far from perfection and a bit impractical maybe, but so romantic.
evil_smiley.gif

In case that doesn't work I can always claim I didn't mean what I was writing, Im no native speaker, beg your pardon.
icon10.gif

Using the ol' "I don't speak english" excuse, eh?
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #65 of 94
According to both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound, the under $1,000 USD price range represents the budget category for Hi-Fi equipment. If you save $3.00 USD each day for one year, then you too can afford a Ue-10 PRO. That is what I did...I followed David Bach's The Automatic Millionaire book and applied that one principle to get what I truly prayed for. I have owned mine for a little over 18 months and I have had no problems with the custom IEM fit, the sound quality, or the company thereof.

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #67 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
ILUVIPODS, get a Bose triport and get out of here before it's too late.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Geez man! at least send him away with something half decent...
eek.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #72 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
Not to thread jack but does anyone have any logical reason why $18,000 audio cables would sound better than say $200 cables? I have read articles from Physics Ph.D. and such ripping the claims of cable manufactures apart so I am skeptical.

I understand why a good amp would sound better, and good cans, but what is the selling point of an $18,000 cable besides giving some bragging rights of saying "I have an $18,000 cable". Seems like Emperors New Clothes. Can't hear a difference? Well then, you just don't have very good ears then! *turns up nose in disgust*

What I don't get is why for $18,000 you can't just open up your CDP, open up your amp, and solder the traces together. It's cheaper and will definetly sound better than using a cable.

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #73 of 94
Quote:

Originaly posted by 3lusiv3.
Where did you get that price from? The pricing page doesn't say they are that much: http://www.stealthaudiocables.com/pricing/

Maybe he is talking about the 2 meter balanced XLR version. It says that the balanaced XLR version is 30% more. I did think he was talking about the 2 foot cable though. Either way too rich for my blood.
eek.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #74 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Hey, that CD Player is just a transport. You need a DAC.
biggrin.gif

Edit: that'd be one gorgeous-looking setup, though. Even the cables look sexy.

DOH, sorry I'm new here.
D-70WebPage.jpg

And the power conditioner.
f_accuphase_ps1200v.jpg

And a place to sit.
corona4.jpg

Jul 26, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #75 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Where did you get that price from? The pricing page doesn't say they are that much:
http://www.stealthaudiocables.com/pricing/

obviously need the 3m version at $5,000 for each extra meter so that would be $16,500 plus shipping and insurance... so I am a liar but close enough $16,000 or $18,000 still insane...think audiogon had them at $17,xxx something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back