Feb 24, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #228 of 483
Just pulled the trigger on the mR/LPS-1.
The LPS-1 isn't shipping until mid-March so I'll be waiting until then to throw the mR in my chain.

I would like to use a USB to i2s connector to my Spring DAC, The problem is I only see the type of cables on eBay and I'm really not interested in them. I've checked Audioquest/WireWorld/Kimber/Blue Jeans Cable but they don't seem to carry this type of cable.
Anyone using a USB>HDMI cable here? 

EDIT: Didn't realize the USB>i2s wouldn't work.
I ordered a WW Starlight 7 2.0 USB Cable.

Thanks anyway.

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #229 of 483
  Just pulled the trigger on the mR/LPS-1.
The LPS-1 isn't shipping until mid-March so I'll be waiting until then to throw the mR in my chain.

Awesome Joseph, thanks!  I promise you are going to love the combo.  And who knows, we may manage to ship a few days early. 
wink_face.gif

--Alex C.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #232 of 483
  has anybody compared the microRendu with SBT.

SBT...do you mean a SqueezeBox Touch ?

If so, Yes, I have been doing that just this week...using S/PDIF Coax from a SB3 (similar) vs microRendu.

IMO and on my setup, the sound is different...On SB3 it's more analogue-like, and more weight. On microRendu it's sharper and very clean.

In BOTH cases the detail is equally very good, especially with a decent amplifier. 

otoh, S/PDIF Optical, I was NOT keen on. Seemed more muddled to me.

It depends what your overall sound preference is and what you will be pairing with. Before I got the LYR 2 amp, I wasn't happy with S/PDIF, but now (on COAX) that opinion has changed. So, other equipment in the chain makes a big difference, as always. YMMV.

I am happy with both solutions, and switch depending on the music genres I play.

EDIT: The SB3 doesn't have USB out, so I haven't tested that option which exists on a SBT. My guess FWIW is that the SB USB won't be anywhere near as good as the microRendu. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #234 of 483
Hey All,
Have had the microrendu in my system for a couple weeks now. It's feeding my Yggdrasil via an Anticables USB cable. Tidal and Roon server are my primary source and interface. The Uptone LPS1 is next on the list. The MR certainly lives up to the reputation, and I look forward to the power supply upgrade. Will be posting impressions soon.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #235 of 483
Hey All,
Have had the microrendu in my system for a couple weeks now. It's feeding my Yggdrasil via an Anticables USB cable. Tidal and Roon server are my primary source and interface. The Uptone LPS1 is next on the list. The MR certainly lives up to the reputation, and I look forward to the power supply upgrade. Will be posting impressions soon.

Look forward to your impressions of the LPS-1...I'm 'STILL' on the fence about that upgrade...or do I put the money towards a better DAC ! I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure :wink: !

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #236 of 483
  Look forward to your impressions of the LPS-1...I'm 'STILL' on the fence about that upgrade...or do I put the money towards a better DAC ! I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure :wink: !

I'll be receiving my mR tomorrow and I purchased the LPS-1 based strictly on reading the impression by those who use it and also compared it to other PSU's. Unfortunately I won't be able to compare it to anything when I receive it., though.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #237 of 483

I'll be receiving my mR tomorrow and I purchased the LPS-1 based strictly on reading the impression by those who use it and also compared it to other PSU's. Unfortunately I won't be able to compare it to anything when I receive it., though.

You have a treat in store with the microRendu ! Reason for my hesitation is that currently I have a fairly modest DAC (altho' it is very good with the microRendu) and I'm not sure that the investment would make a justifiable difference in my current setup. When I move to a better DAC my view may change. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #238 of 483
  You have a treat in store with the microRendu ! Reason for my hesitation is that currently I have a fairly modest DAC (altho' it is very good with the microRendu) and I'm not sure that the investment would make a justifiable difference in my current setup. When I move to a better DAC my view may change. 

Hopefully I do a treat in store. From what I've been reading, everyone has nothing buy positive impressions.
I'll be using it with JRiver and the Holo Spring DAC 3 "KTE"…can't wait.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #240 of 483
Reason for my hesitation is that currently I have a fairly modest DAC and I'm not sure that the investment would make a justifiable difference in my current setup. When I move to a better DAC my view may change. 

When I read this, though, it makes me wonder what an extra $400 towards a DAC would really do for a quality making difference to the level of DAC?

I think that $400 would be better spent on the power supply of the mR as it does (as far as opinions go) make a noticeable difference there. And that difference can carry on to any DAC you use it with.

That's just what I think when I hear that, though, and of course it's all love up in here for everyone on the audio road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back