7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ
Nov 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #332 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi everyone, is it normal that the wheel is a bit lag-gy?

To be honest, mines a bit laggy too.. I have to turn like a CM before it starts moving lol...

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #333 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, mines a bit laggy too.. I have to turn like a CM before it starts moving lol...

it is really quite laggy and sometimes not responsive....
is it a defect?

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #334 of 548
Quote:

is it a defect?

Nah I don't think so, maybe its to prevent accidental volume increases or decreases...I like it since I use 2 hands to scroll anways because of the amp attached..

One holding the ipod and 1 scrollin no I'm not trollin LOL I just made a rhyme!
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #335 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by koshinki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the prob buy from ebay, i unable to test it.. but the price really ok for me.. u really recommend this? then i'll try to contact the seller get more info abt this..

any others friend here using good LOD?

Because the Microshar (B4) is copper based, I find its sound to be fuller and less hi-fi sounding. Its SQ, in my opinion, fits very well with the iPod Classic.

It's only drawback, again, is that it's a little stiff and on the long side. Other than that, I feel its sound makes up for it.

As a caveat, I must mention that I've never tried it with a ibasso amp.

However, sometimes you have to take a risk when it comes to audio equipment. But at this price, you're really not taking a big one.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #336 of 548
Quote:

is it a defect?

probably not..mine is like that as well..

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #337 of 548
Just ordered the newest 160G on Amazon, then read comments, one of which said that the new version of iTunes must be downloaded in order to use the new iPod. I am reluctant to do this as I have also read that the new version of iTunes have a few various glitches. Is it true that one must download the new version of iTunes to use the new 160G Classic iPod?

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #339 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered the newest 160G on Amazon, then read comments, one of which said that the new version of iTunes must be downloaded in order to use the new iPod. I am reluctant to do this as I have also read that the new version of iTunes have a few various glitches. Is it true that one must download the new version of iTunes to use the new 160G Classic iPod?

I haven't had any problems running the newest version of itunes. I wouldn't worry.

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #340 of 548
Giving my 2k7 iPod classic 80gb to my mother in law and decided to upgrade to the new 160gb classic after reading about the sound quality on this thread. Should pair well with my S4's, iBasso D2+ and BD's. I'll post thoughts after giving it a listening and I can also compare with the 2k7 (still have it till Thursday) and the iPhone 3GS.

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #341 of 548
I grabbed a 7th gen last week. I am still undecided about the headphone output- i suspect it is not quite as good as the 2nd Gen Touch. However, I am very happy with the sound when using it with a LOD and a Pico amp.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #342 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because the Microshar (B4) is copper based, I find its sound to be fuller and less hi-fi sounding. Its SQ, in my opinion, fits very well with the iPod Classic.

It's only drawback, again, is that it's a little stiff and on the long side. Other than that, I feel its sound makes up for it.

As a caveat, I must mention that I've never tried it with a ibasso amp.

However, sometimes you have to take a risk when it comes to audio equipment. But at this price, you're really not taking a big one.

Hi ckturtle,
i saw the same person in the ebay selling the other cables and some cost USD160 with microchip inside, good? what is the difference? which model u use from this microhar? i just worry i buy the wrong 1 and later need to buy another 1 for upgrade..
sorry for keep asking the question...

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #343 of 548
Ipod 30G video sounds like crap compared to iPhone 3G.

I just got some Denon c710's and listen primarily to my iPhone 3G at work. I wanted to burn the c710's in, so I fired up my 30G ipod video and let it run overnight.

Man, when I put on the phones and listened for a few min, I couldn't believe how small and choked it sounded. Very anemic.

Anyway, things sound great with the iphone. This was surprising to me.

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #344 of 548
I rather like the SQ of the new classic. I did some AB with my 2k7 classic and IMHO the new one is a different sound. I can describe it best by saying that each part of the spectrum has more pop, punch and clarity. I also don't experience the really high end SQ elevation that I experienced in my 2k7 classic. I also notice a better soundstage in that the previous classic was very left and right re: staging and this classic is more spacial and less easy to discern where the sound is coming from.

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #345 of 548
Your opinion is exactly like mine. I noticed the same but i had a 2008 Classic for the comparison (Instead of your 2007).

More than a month later i'm still enjoying the great piece of gear that this 09 Classic is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back