7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #526 of 548
I think we reached 'good enough' in sound quality quite a long time ago - that is, good enough for majority of population and any investments in this area gives relatively small improvements when compared to other aspects of entertainment devices. I wish more manufacturers recognise that there still a lot to do in SQ area. Unfortunately, mainstream music and device producers are going in different way...

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #530 of 548
What!!!!
mad.gif

Hi, i know that the iPod classic is now discontinued, fair enough... Even though I just bought a brand new iPod about 1,5 months ago, it happens I guess... 

I just updated to Yosemite and my iTunes does not even recognises my iPod classic 7th gen!!!

Is that for real? Apple just stopped supporting this iPod all together?  or maybe i have a bug in my system?!?!?

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #531 of 548
  What!!!!
mad.gif

Hi, i know that the iPod classic is now discontinued, fair enough... Even though I just bought a brand new iPod about 1,5 months ago, it happens I guess... 

I just updated to Yosemite and my iTunes does not even recognises my iPod classic 7th gen!!!

Is that for real? Apple just stopped supporting this iPod all together?  or maybe i have a bug in my system?!?!?

Mine syncs just fine

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #534 of 548
I can't believe how much the price went up on these. I have a mint one with box and everything and I could probably get 400 or more for it. Crazy, I might just have to sell it for that kind of profit.

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #535 of 548
Hello, I've got a problem with my iPod Classic 160GB. When I plug it into the computer it freezes the iTunes and it won't unfreeze untill I plug it out. I've tried every possible solution I've found on the internet... different versions of iTunes, putting it in disc mode and trying to set it up trough various settings and different programs to try and format it. I finally managed to format it from a laptop that has Linux installed. 
But the darn thing still won't work. When I turn it on it says to "Use iTunes to restore"and when I plug it in it changes to "Do not disconnect." and it stays like that forever, iTunes freezes ofcourse... Nothing helps.
I've ran the HDD test and got the following result:
Retracts: 26
Reallocs: 248
Pending Sectors: 184
PowerOn Hours: 966
Start/Stops: 34418
Temp: Current 31c
Temp: Min 53c
Temp: Max 254c
So I guess the HDD is damaged? Is there anything that could be done?
Any suggestion on how to fix it would be much appreciated!

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #537 of 548
I think the HDD is running on fumes.

Time to have it fixed or modded (check the thread about it).

Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #539 of 548
  Tried a different usb cable?

I did and it didn't help.

I think the HDD is running on fumes.

Time to have it fixed or modded (check the thread about it).

Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.

Someone thought iPod has installed NBA game... Someone used to play basketball using your iClassic.
Hint: U need to change your HDD
Hint2: no solution:wink:

I thought so. :frowning2: Oh well... Is it even worth changing HDD or should I just go for a new buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back