7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ
Oct 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #256 of 548
elfary, I agree with you, but nothing will change the opinion of kostalex and others like him. I still find it interesting that there is this *intense* degree of analytical thought applied to the various iPod/iPhone models when there are, IMO, significantly better DAPs available in terms of (stock) SQ. What you won't find elsewhere is 160GB of storage for the asking price of the Classic, and you wont find the same number of options in terms of docking cradles/LODs/transports to extend your listening experience. I resisted the 800lb gorilla of DAPs for several years after buying my 1G Touch, and I probably wouldnt have bought the Classic if I had taken heed of some of the posts here, but I'm happy that I got great VFM, even if it never leaves the house.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #257 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but nothing will change the opinion of kostalex and others like him

What is a boor. It is time to open my ignore list, never tried it before.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #259 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
elfary, I agree with you, but nothing will change the opinion of kostalex and others like him. I still find it interesting that there is this *intense* degree of analytical thought applied to the various iPod/iPhone models when there are, IMO, significantly better DAPs available in terms of (stock) SQ. What you won't find elsewhere is 160GB of storage for the asking price of the Classic, and you wont find the same number of options in terms of docking cradles/LODs/transports to extend your listening experience. I resisted the 800lb gorilla of DAPs for several years after buying my 1G Touch, and I probably wouldnt have bought the Classic if I had taken heed of some of the posts here, but I'm happy that I got great VFM, even if it never leaves the house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops, does not work. I thought I would not see estreeter posts anymore.

Both of you seem not to be mature enough to handle this argument civilly. You both have your opinions, remember that. No one can change it.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #260 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both of you seem not to be mature enough to handle this argument civilly.

Welcome join our "immature" club. The basic membership requirement is to judge the persons and their qualities instead of gear and topic. You just passed the test.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #261 of 548
kostalex, I appreciated the information you had provided.
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #262 of 548
I just wanted to add that after a week of constant burn-in my '09 Classic is now coming around.

And...I know this might sound odd, but I'd like to reiterate that by adjusting the brightness level on my '09 Classic the tonal qualities are also affected. Give it a try...

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #264 of 548
What is noticeable to me is that there is less texture to the vocals whenever the screen brightness has been increased. It also works inverseley too.

It could be my imagination, but I don't think so. It just sounds unusual at first blush. But, that's what I'm noticing.

I hope others hear it too, or maybe, it's just time I start turning my audio equipment in.
normal_smile .gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #265 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome join our "immature" club. The basic membership requirement is to judge the persons and their qualities instead of gear and topic. You just passed the test.

Actually if you weren't busy bickering and being immature, you would've read that I've made most of my posts informational. I'm not judging you, I'm telling you what everyone else is most likely thinking as they read through that non-sense.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #266 of 548
Quote:

Actually if you weren't busy bickering and being immature, you would've read that I've made most of my posts informational.

I told about your last post. Actually if you weren't busy bickering and being immature, you would've read that I've used "just passed the test".

Quote:

I'm not judging you, I'm telling you what everyone else is most likely thinking as they read through that non-sense.

Whoa, you are telling for everyone else. This deserves premium membership.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #267 of 548
On topic. It seems the only difference I can tell so far between the Classic and my NWZ-A726 is that the Sony is a tad warmer.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #268 of 548
OK. I rate this 09 Classic slightly above the Clip and Fuze in terms of SQ, while 08 Classic gave up to these little babies.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #269 of 548
So after many thread pages more or less we are all realising that something has changed inside the classic from 2008 to 2009. I believe that the audio chip has to be the same that the one inside the iPhone 3GS. The change can not be just in the amplifier section since the sound signature prevails when you listen through the Line Out bypassing the internal amp.

In these mass marketing days it still puzzles me that Apple did not even say a word about the improvement on the fidelity of the iPod Classic 2009.Furthermore when looking the outside you think that the device is absolutely abandoned by Apple when actually some resources into the internals' tweaking have been put up.It looks like they do not want to cash in. Curious really.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #270 of 548
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is noticeable to me is that there is less texture to the vocals whenever the screen brightness has been increased. It also works inverseley too.

It could be my imagination, but I don't think so. It just sounds unusual at first blush. But, that's what I'm noticing.

I hope others hear it too, or maybe, it's just time I start turning my audio equipment in.
normal_smile .gif

I feel too lazy to check, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back