7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Aug 11, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #3,226 of 4,275
Did you get any warranty honoured?
Of course. Although it took a while to prove that I didn't have hearing damage and my equipment wasn't a cheap guerilla setup that breaks or loses contact. Some sellers torture customers that way deferring warranty returns because they rightly believe that most of their customers are dumb and technically incapable. So they first instruct you to follow some dumbest procedure like reversing the channels, reconnecting and/or changing the cable, changing the source, checking the filters, and so on. As if we never do that in the first place before actually applying for a warranty exchange.
Mine have felt like this since i got them i think but i wasn't 100% sure so left it alone. But listening last night, the left is definitely warmer sounding than the right.
Mine was the opposite, the left one was brighter to the point that all the hi-hats, shakers and treble rich sounds were all predominantly shifted to the left side. However, it's always worth checking if you've got a clogged filter mesh first.

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #3,227 of 4,275
Of course. Although it took a while to prove that I didn't have hearing damage and my equipment wasn't a cheap guerilla setup that breaks or loses contact. Some sellers torture customers that way deferring warranty returns because they rightly believe that most of their customers are dumb and technically incapable. So they first instruct you to follow some dumbest procedure like reversing the channels, reconnecting and/or changing the cable, changing the source, checking the filters, and so on. As if we never do that in the first place before actually applying for a warranty exchange.

Mine was the opposite, the left one was brighter to the point that all the hi-hats, shakers and treble rich sounds were all predominantly shifted to the left side. However, it's always worth checking if you've got a clogged filter mesh first.
I have been very fortunate. I have had no issues whatsoever since I got them.

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #3,228 of 4,275

I spoke with Linsoul who were fine with sending them in for checking and rma if any issues are found. So no dramas so far on that end for me thankfully. Now i just want to be sure before i go wasting time and money sending them in.

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #3,230 of 4,275
I installed foam tips on my Zero. They are an improvement in almost every way from the Chu. This will be my new recommendation for a beginner IEM. Kudos 7hz Salnotes!

298702831_10221464072455098_6459764625335360677_n.jpg

Aug 15, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #3,231 of 4,275
Having listened to Crin's recent livestream, I am almost absolutely sure he helped tune the Zero. Proof here

Aug 15, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #3,233 of 4,275
Releases before 7hz timeless, many of them are from the ‘i’ series and they were not so critically acclaimed. But from my personal experience, I loved the i88 mini.
Yeah, weren't there two single DD IEMs released before the Timeless? At one point I read this whole thread, but I simply don't remember. There WERE those that liked them quite a bit IIRC.

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #3,234 of 4,275
7hz_zero.jpg

My coupler came in today and my Zero was the first one to get graphed. Love this set.

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,236 of 4,275
I
Hooked my timeless on a pair of UTWS5 as per a user's recommendation here and they perform great.
TimelessTWjpg.jpg
Though I've been listening lately to a planar hybrid that I think outperforms them in terms of clarity, separation and imaging:
The IMR EDP ACE
EDP grey-blue Filter.jpg
EDP.jpg
Haven't bought a new IMR IEM in well over a year. Are there any Frequency Response graphs?

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #3,238 of 4,275
I

Haven't bought a new IMR IEM in well over a year. Are there any Frequency Response graphs?
Doesn't really matter, you can't buy them anyways unless you wait for someone to put up a used pair for sale.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #3,239 of 4,275
Doesn't really matter, you can't buy them anyways unless you wait for someone to put up a used pair for sale.
True. My question probably relates to future IMR IEMs. Does IMR now provide FR graphs for new offerings? FR is not the the only thing that matters, but at least in my case I have never liked an IEM with an FR significantly different than my preference. That is not the same thing as saying I would like every IEM whose FR I like.

Anyway, carry on. Nothing to see here.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #3,240 of 4,275
True. My question probably relates to future IMR IEMs. Does IMR now provide FR graphs for new offerings? FR is not the the only thing that matters, but at least in my case I have never liked an IEM with an FR significantly different than my preference. That is not the same thing as saying I would like every IEM whose FR I like.

Anyway, carry on. Nothing to see here.
I see where you're coming from. I used to shop via FR graphs. And I've definitely avoided some whose FR graphs looked objectionable to me. But with regard to IMR IEMs, I've found that their descriptions of the IEM sound signatures are pretty accurate. I would also check the reviews over on the IMR thread. For me, the EDP ACE was a blind buy based on the fact that it incorporated a planar driver, and the original EDP was highly regarded, so I suspected the new one might meet my needs. It exceeded my expectations by a longshot. So I bought a Zenith II. It also exceeded my expectations, maybe even more so than the ACE. So now I'm an IMR fan boi apparently. I can't get the Zenith II out of my ears at the moment. But in any event, I've found their descriptions to be accurate. If the description sounds like it would suit you, then go for it. If you don't like it, I'm sure you could re-sell it for at least the price you paid.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back