7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Jul 15, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #3,151 of 4,269
Hello,.

My pair came in. Here's the pic. How do I know if I need the filter kit? I didn't receive an email about needing one.

Thanks
Email your supplier and they should be able to check for you. I bought mine from Linsoul and when I sent them and email, they confirmed that mine was in the first batch with the wrong filter. They also sent me a tracking number with the replacement kit on the way.

Jul 16, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #3,152 of 4,269
Further listening on the Dioko 4.4mm out of the RU6 (high gain, NOS) with KBear 07 tips and UPOCC cable. It's tuning is great for instrumental and technically these are way better than my other sets. I'm an official planar convert. Transparency is through the roof and layering is very impressive.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #3,153 of 4,269
Further listening on the Dioko 4.4mm out of the RU6 (high gain, NOS) with KBear 07 tips and UPOCC cable. It's tuning is great for instrumental and technically these are way better than my other sets. I'm an official planar convert. Transparency is through the roof and layering is very impressive.
Do you own the original Timeless too? If yes, any discernible difference with the Dioko?

Jul 16, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #3,154 of 4,269
The graphene cable is a bit of a stretch at over $100, but might be a good buy if you can find it on a 50% off sale. But it's a tangible step up from the Rhyme in stage coherence, dynamics, control, and resolution. Note that this is the 8-core graphene from XINHS. I also have the 4-core, but it's actually more similar to the Rhyme than it is to the 8-core graphene. Good dynamics and body, but lacks control.

If I could blend the characteristics of the two cables and match them up with the CP100+ tips, that would be ideal.
Resurrecting a discussion about replacement cables that supposedly improve the 7Hz Timeless: I needed a 4.4mm balanced cable to use the Timeless with a newly purchased A&K Kann Alpha DAP, so I bought this highly touted, expensive XINHS 8-core graphene cable on Ali Express. I’m also using Symbio ear tips. I initially thought I would need to return the Kann Alpha, finding that it’s got a bright/fatiguing sound signature with attenuated bass and piercing treble. Then I switched back from the Kann Alpha to my L&P W2 and, lo and behold, the Timeless now sounds bright and fatiguing with the W2 as well, whereas it sounds great with the stock cable. So this $80 cable renders the Timeless borderline unlistenable and is a waste of money. Lesson learned - don’t listen to cable gurus who claim you will reach nirvana with an ”upgrade” of your IEM cable, save money, stick with the stock cable.

Jul 16, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #3,155 of 4,269
Do you own the original Timeless too? If yes, any discernible difference with the Dioko?

I don't, unfortunately. It's my first planar too, so while a certain honeymoon period is expected, I still see the Dioko being a permanent set in my collection. The way the driver offers up sheer detail and depth is pretty unmatched for me. It has a metallic twang to its sound that reminds me of my over ear planars.

Jul 16, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #3,156 of 4,269
I don't, unfortunately. It's my first planar too, so while a certain honeymoon period is expected, I still see the Dioko being a permanent set in my collection. The way the driver offers up sheer detail and depth is pretty unmatched for me. It has a metallic twang to its sound that reminds me of my over ear planars.
I have Timeless and my Dioko are on the way.
Maybe you should give Timeless a try as they have a tad of more mid-bass boost according to the graph.

Jul 16, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #3,157 of 4,269
Give the RAPTGO HOOK-X a chance when you can

Jul 16, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #3,159 of 4,269
I have Timeless and my Dioko are on the way.
Maybe you should give Timeless a try as they have a tad of more mid-bass boost according to the graph.

I might do at some point but some reviewers are noting a warmer profile overall on the Timeless. All I'm looking for is slightly more midbass impact but for the midrange and treble to remain the same. I could EQ, but I prefer not to.

Give the RAPTGO HOOK-X a chance when you can

I'll be sure to check this out too at some point!

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,160 of 4,269
I might do at some point but some reviewers are noting a warmer profile overall on the Timeless. All I'm looking for is slightly more midbass impact but for the midrange and treble to remain the same. I could EQ, but I prefer not to.

I'll be sure to check this out too at some point!
There's probably going to be a boat-load of new planars being released later this year. Might be worth waiting, unless you've got money to burn. :)

Jul 16, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #3,161 of 4,269
There's probably going to be a boat-load of new planars being released later this year. Might be worth waiting, unless you've got money to burn. :)

I haven't! Lol. I'm considering selling off some other stuff and getting a second Dioko for backup, then just watching the planar wars unfold further, for now at least.

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #3,164 of 4,269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back