7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #1,982 of 4,269
oratory1990's EQ is all over the place mainly because his measurements for IEMs are simply incorrect and also he doesn't take into account other factors that influence sonics like mechanical resonance and distortion.

Try this next EQ on the Timeless, give it some time to adjust your hearing to it and enjoy their sound perfected. :)

Preamp: -1 dB
Filter 1: ON LSC Fc 180 Hz Gain -5 dB Q 0.55 (boost this by +3 dB at most if you need more bass)
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 790 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 410 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 50 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 1
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 1345 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 1.2
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 2200 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.4
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 3200 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 3.1
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 6700 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 2
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 9000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 4
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 11250 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 3
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 20000 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 5
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 16000 Hz Gain -1 dB Q 1.9

Great EQ, the AutoEQ from crinacle really hollowed out the sound. Any idea what this EQ would look like with a 10 filter fixed EQ?

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #1,983 of 4,269
Yes very impressed, enjoying this album immensely right now - a huge favourite electronic album from last year, sounding fantastic. Great suggestion on the Symbio W, wouldn't have occurred to me to try it, even though one I often use with single DD IEMs.

I like it. Have you heard Green Beats? Just about anything from them is amazing. The "Free Chilis" album is superb. "Go back to bed, America, your government is in control again."

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,984 of 4,269
I like it. Have you heard Green Beats? Just about anything from them is amazing. The "Free Chilis" album is superb. "Go back to bed, America, your government is in control again."

Is this them below? I don't know them but certainly a fan of dub / psychill etc downtempo, I'll definitely check them out. A wonderful genre as tends to have high production and amazing sonics with the right IEMs.

While on that topic, the following album by Spatialize is a regular for me, often test new IEMs with the track 'The Great Super Mango'. Love all of his work.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #1,985 of 4,269
Yup, that's them. Radio Universe not their best, but still good. It's a little more techno-ey and not as chill as their other stuff. But I'm splitting hairs. I consider them to be near the top of that genre. Check out The Moon Antidote and Move for Change. Good albums.

Enjoy!

Oh, and yeah I've got FLACs of Spatialize albums as well. Beyond the Radar is one of them. All good stuff.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #1,986 of 4,269
So I received a 7Hz Timeless yesterday and spent awhile listening during two sessions with them on, I must say they are extremely disappointing right now. Sound is thin with no definition, not much low end. Is there a suggested burn in time? Does my pair sound maybe sound defective?

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,987 of 4,269
So I received a 7Hz Timeless yesterday and spent awhile listening during two sessions with them on, I must say they are extremely disappointing right now. Sound is thin with no definition, not much low end. Is there a suggested burn in time? Does my pair sound maybe sound defective?
You don't have a good seal if you don't hear much low end. Did you try different tips? Try with foamies first as I found it to be the easiest to get seal tho it can reduce some treble.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #1,988 of 4,269
Thanks that could be it using, JVC Spiral dots and stock cable, I’ll give it a try thanks bud!

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #1,989 of 4,269
I felt the same in the very beginning. Besides the proper tips, they also require around 150 hours of burn in time.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,990 of 4,269
I felt the same in the very beginning. Besides the proper tips, they also require around 150 hours of burn in time.
Burn in actually "tightened" the bass so if ootb the bass is light then it most likely the fit.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,991 of 4,269
It was the seal, with the spiral dots by themselves there wasn’t enough length on the nozzle and tip combined even though it felt like they did seal. I put Sedna Ear Fit lights on and with the long barrel the tips have it pushed insertion in quite a bit further! Much better sound all around now so I’ll keep these around. Much much better sound now phew!

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,992 of 4,269
Already started on some of my favorite vocal albums, Illenium - Awake and Seven Lions - Ophelia. I feel pretty confident in saying that this is the best IEM setup I've ever heard for vocals so far. I used to consider the Theiaudio Oracles to be the best in the business for vocals, but this setup is just plain better. Incredibly clear, balanced vocals with just the right amount of background instrumental support. I won't say it's perfect, but I will say it's the best I've ever heard.
Just another follow-up, I can confirm these are the best for vocals I've heard. Listening to Feed Me-Calamari Tuesday and the vocals are crisp, clear, intelligible, dynamic, and perfectly matched with the background music. I've had trouble in the past distinguishing the exact words of "Death by Robot" and "Ophelia" (and also the intro to "Fiasco", which is particularly fuzzy as it's supposed to be a voicemail recording) from this album with every other IEM I've owned (and I've owned $1k and $2k IEMs). With the Timeless and this cable/tip combination, it's almost embarrassing how easy it is to hear every word, syllable, intonation, inflection, vowel and consonant in the vocals.

If you have access to good copies (FLACs or equivalent), you can test out these tracks for yourself. Of course, you need the cable and tip combination as well. I know most people won't bother, but it's well worth it in my opinion. Compare these with ANY other IEM in your stable and I'll wager these easily come out on top with these vocal/instrumental tracks.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #1,993 of 4,269

These benefit from a little more power than is usual, (high gain on my ZX507). After a few months and 50+ hours they now sound good, very good for the price imo.

Feb 6, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #1,995 of 4,269
Just another follow-up, I can confirm these are the best for vocals I've heard.
I might agree with you, even when using the original cable and using the installed wide bore tips. My prob was I found too much treble energy with wide bore, so switched to the supplied narrow bore (dark blue opaque silicone). That fixed the treble to my ears, increased the bass, but recessed (not good) the mids for me. Ultimately I gave up on these b/c I really need all three regions (bass, vocals, treble) to be pleasing to me. Oh, it's possible my issue was underpowering, as I used the MB Air M1 headphone out, or the iPhone dongle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back