7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Feb 7, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #2,011 of 4,271
In the end what do you think it's best combination of tips and cable for the Timeless? XINHS 8 core graphene coopper cable and Symbio tips?

Thanks in advance
It depends on the type of music you listen to. For all-around (vocals, instrumentals, etc.) I would say the 4-core graphene and Azla Crystal tips is your best bet. For more depth, imaging, and separation, specifically for ambient-style music, the 8-core graphene with the Symbio W tips seems to work best. Staging and imaging are just seamless with the bigger cable. But it gives up some liveliness and vocal energy as a tradeoff. The 8-core also add some beef to the lower frequencies, which doesn't always work for some tracks.

Oddly, I've found myself listening mostly to the 4-core/Crystal combination lately. It seems a bit more "fun" and engaging, as well as being more comfortable (the Symbio tips can feel a bit stiff in your ears and can get tiresome after a while). I have a feeling there's a better cable for the Timeless out there somewhere, but it might take me a while (and probably lots of $$) to find it. And I've already tried a bunch of cables and tons of tips with a huge variety of music.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #2,012 of 4,271
I keep reading the comments calling them a definite V - to my ear, more like a gentle "U" but hey, we all hear differently, are using different cables and different tips.... All three, no 4: our age, our ears, our cables and our tips have noticeable impact.
I totally agree with that assessment. On some music the mids are front and center but when it IS recessed a bit, it is as you say very "gentle" U. Some music it is more noticeable than on others. It is actually pretty strange to me.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #2,014 of 4,271
I did some cable rolling today and I was very disappointed with the 8-core graphene performance with the Azla Crystal tips. The 4-core graphene is leagues ahead when it comes to sense of space and tonal balance. The vocals are simply sublime with the 4-core, and frankly I consider them to be "below average" with the 8-core
Fav Timeless comb...DX312 > MT-604 x Siemens 5654W tubes > XINHS 12 core pure silver cable and Sony EP-EX10A's 💎

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #2,015 of 4,271
Feb 8, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,016 of 4,271
Feb 8, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #2,017 of 4,271
Did they say when they were going to start shipping?
Somewhere around the 22nd of Feb if I'm not mistaken. That's either when orders start or shipping starts. Don't recall.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #2,018 of 4,271
I've gone to the Azla Sedna Short (was long) and it brings the timeless more flush to the ear for me. Pretty much same sound sig. I dont know what your issue with the Sedna Comfort is.... for me, I like the thick texture of them. If the issue for you is the texture of the Sednas, pick up the Tennmak Whirlinds. Same bore a thinner silicone but great seal.. They feel like air in the ear but sound like the Sednas. And they're $7 for 6 pair shipping in.
It's the firmer rubber of the Azla's that I think is the cause of my not finding them the most comfortable. Depends on the iem as well. They have gotten me out of a lot of trouble in the past. I could usually count on them to get a seal when other tips failed. Not so much a problem now as I have way too many tips to choose from now. I've moved on from Azla's with some IEM's solely due to comfort. Not that I find them terribly uncomfortable, just that I can usually get better comfort from something else. I do generally like the Azla's aside from that.
I'll try the shorts again. I have to go up a size or two with the shorts but I have those sizes on hand.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #2,020 of 4,271
It's the firmer rubber of the Azla's that I think is the cause of my not finding them the most comfortable. Depends on the iem as well. They have gotten me out of a lot of trouble in the past. I could usually count on them to get a seal when other tips failed. Not so much a problem now as I have way too many tips to choose from now. I've moved on from Azla's with some IEM's solely due to comfort. Not that I find them terribly uncomfortable, just that I can usually get better comfort from something else. I do generally like the Azla's aside from that.
I'll try the shorts again. I have to go up a size or two with the shorts but I have those sizes on hand.
Tried the Azla Sedna shorts again but bass is attenuated compared to the regular (long) Sedna's. Getting a good seal with medium but also tried medium large. Sound exactly the same as the mediums. It's not a seal issue, the bass is just accentuated with the deeper fit of the standard Azla's. For me anyway.

Trying Epro's now. Interesting.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #2,022 of 4,271
Can point out the link to where did you bought the XINHS 22 core cable?

12 Core Silver

👍

Edited...if that doesn't link like on my iPhone 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 15.33.25.png

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #2,024 of 4,271
actually i'm a little surprised that 7hz has released a dynamic driver instead of another planar considering the popularity of the timeless. whatever they do i hope it's successful. funding R&D isn't free and i suppose i'm biased toward planar / stats. yes, if the latest were that tech, i'd already have ordered them. waiting a bit to see some reviews (famous last words....big stupid grin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back